Australian couple in Thai baby scandal want boy back

webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We have been trying (in Australia) to make sure first that Pipah is safe and no one can take her away from us," he said, explaining that as she was born in Thailand she was not yet legally Australian.

"When we know 100 percent that she is safe with us, we can go and try to get our boy back."

Even if the child was born in Australia it doesn't make them an automatic Australian citizen.  The same as if a couple came to Thailand and their child was born here, it doesn't make them a Thai citizen.  At least one parent must be a citizen of that country and they still need to apply for citizenship.  

That man could also have been any surrogate parent who was treated to hell prior and irrespective of his criminal record coming to light subsequently. However, I am not discussing the ozzie couple as clearly they are being villified already and quite possibly legitimately. My focus is on the Saint (Thai Lady) and pointing out that is far from the truth!

If all had been fine with ozzie couple (as it well could have been and is with most surrogate parents) and as Thai lady knew of no detrimental/criminal details at the time of her refusal to hand over Gammy, then it is an outrage that she then lied, stating the parents refused to take their DS baby and only took the healthy one, but rather she withheld Gammy from biological parent(s) on her own guess that they may put Gammy into a home or not look after. If the guy had no criminal record at all, her actions would have been the same as they were done before knowledge of these details. To have been given a label of Saint is the biggest joke going and that is my point!!! I am NOT making comment on the ozzies, but the Thai lady has now admitted her lie and I am and chose to comment on that specific if you don't mind ;-)     

"We have been trying (in Australia) to make sure first that Pipah is safe and no one can take her away from us," he said, explaining that as she was born in Thailand she was not yet legally Australian.

"When we know 100 percent that she is safe with us, we can go and try to get our boy back."

Even if the child was born in Australia it doesn't make them an automatic Australian citizen.  The same as if a couple came to Thailand and their child was born here, it doesn't make them a Thai citizen.  At least one parent must be a citizen of that country and they still need to apply for citizenship.  

In this case the twins would be a Thai citizen being born to a Thai mother (ie the surrogate). I know of a few children who have been adopted here by foreign parents and while in most cases they eventually get their adoptive parents citizenship they still retain their Thai passports.

In the case of the twins Australian citizenship be descent should be a formality given the technical father is a the pedo dad.

The embassy through established procedures got that for the daughter and that's how they took her home. The little boy is still only a Thai citizen but by rights should be an Australian citizen. I know this is being looked into by the OZ government

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

This was a very personel risky Journey this Aussie couple took, Had this happened in the west, privacy would be of utmost concern and the laws to protect it would be in place. Sad to see the media use this to up their ratings and involve so many unwanted opinions. Maybe Judge the ISIS for slautering children, no crime has been comitted here...Seems the Birth mother wants to raise the boy, and they will raise the girl....And I bet The asian wife will watch over her daughter like a hawk, knowing her husbands past....Let it be....

This was a very personel risky Journey this Aussie couple took, Had this happened in the west, privacy would be of utmost concern and the laws to protect it would be in place. Sad to see the media use this to up their ratings and involve so many unwanted opinions. Maybe Judge the ISIS for slautering children, no crime has been comitted here...Seems the Birth mother wants to raise the boy, and they will raise the girl....And I bet The asian wife will watch over her daughter like a hawk, knowing her husbands past....Let it be....

I'm a bit sketchy about the finer points of what i'm about to type so if it jogs any memories please weigh in.

I remember a report on CNN about pedophilia etc and some religious nut said he could cure it with the laying on of hands,  sorry but no horrible pun intended.

A convicted pedo was interviewed and attacked the whole idea.  He was so honest and perfectly clear that he HAD To stay away from places there might be children,  schools, play parks etc as the urge was always there and he knew he couldn't control himself. 

You can't cure pedophilia. 

• Like 1

First you hve to wonder if the jail term was all that he got.  In Canada there is usually the added not to be near any children or near schools or parks.

Next is the fact that his wife does not speak English very well and therefore probably did not know his full history.

Third point we would have had the pregnancy terminated.  Smooth move that would have gottem him a residence in Thailand at the government's expense.

A QUESTION FOR AUSSIES

Is Oz having a down turn in birthrate int he country.  Do surrogates in Australia have the right to change their minds at birth as long as they return the money?

I find it funny that with all the children that are in orphanges around teh worl d that countries are not trying to get the restrictions on them lifted.

chooka and Starkey,

I was not and am not judging who should have whom etc. I am just making a point about Sainthood! 

Ignore the Ozzie angle completely as I am not addressing it. I am addressing the label of 'Saint' given to the Thai lady - ONLY! Absolutely undeserved and laughable imho.

It's reported and the Thai lady herself states NOW that she refused to let the biological parents take Gabby, supposedly because she was worried Gabby would be put in a home. On what basis and who made her judge and jury when done through a surrogacy agency and she decided and acted before any of this pedo news was even known. Even worse as the main point is that previously she was saying a completely different and contradictory story about this very issue, in that the ozzie couple abandoned Gabby due to being diagnosed with DS. There's other evidence like going to a Hospital of her choice and not a recommended one in the contract agreement that really call into question her sincerity etc.

Can you guys stop answering my criticism of the Thai Liar by always quoting the ozzie's are worse or what's my remedy. I am just making the point that the Thai lady may be closer to a lying, deceiptful, moneygrabbing, publicity seeking OPPORTUNIST. She is imv certainly a liar and by her own late and forced admission, that infact far from her original story it transpires SHE refused to let Gammy go on grounds she decided were hers to make future assumptions on and then impose.

There's no good in any of it, but I was addressing the now laughable 'Saint' label if anyone wants to stay on topic in response and address my facts/statement rather than go off on tangents or pedo rants.

You could always agree she's no Saint of course, as that's all I know ;-)

Edited by twix38

I don't disagree with the consensus view on the Ozzie guy.

It's not a crusade against the Thai lady. I have given my reasons and they are reason enough. Nobody has yet addressed them because they are inexcusable, contradictory and self-serving.

He's a pedo. She's a liar. Of course she wins out in any contest on morals or whatever, but that still makes her no Saint. That was after all the whole point of my posting - i.e. to point out she isn't blameless, honest or a Saint. I think we all know well enough about the headlines on the pedo aspect, but it's clear people still view the Thai lady as a Saint. Not me!

Without the pedo issue, you'd all be saying how terrible it was that a loving ozzie couple who wanted to take Gammy were stopped and branded liars by a Thai lady who now admits she was the liar. Still, because he's a pedo and everything is relative, no other issue matters. lmao

Edited by twix38

It's not a crusade against the Thai lady. I have given my reasons and they are reason enough. Nobody has yet addressed them because they are inexcusable, contradictory and self-serving. He's a pedo. She's a liar. Of course she wins out in any contest on morals or whatever, but that still makes her no Saint. That was after all the whole point of my posting - i.e. to point out she isn't blameless, honest or a Saint. I think we all know well enough about the headlines on the pedo aspect, so I was voicing a notable but less popular aspect.

Good, everyone here agrees then.

The real issue here is about BOTH Children. Their welfare. End of story.

Sorry, run out of likes. wai.gif

• Like 2

No way. She can't watch the kid all of the time. If she had an ounce of decency she would dump him.

• Like 1

LOL

Who the hell is defending a pedophile!?

I was addressing what would be the news topic now if it wasn't totally (and rightly) overshadowed by the pedo issue.

Edited by twix38
  • Like 1

chooka and Starkey,

I was not and am not judging who should have whom etc. I am just making a point about Sainthood! 

Ignore the Ozzie angle completely as I am not addressing it. I am addressing the label of 'Saint' given to the Thai lady - ONLY! Absolutely undeserved and laughable imho.

It's reported and the Thai lady herself states NOW that she refused to let the biological parents take Gabby, supposedly because she was worried Gabby would be put in a home. On what basis and who made her judge and jury when done through a surrogacy agency and she decided and acted before any of this pedo news was even known. Even worse as the main point is that previously she was saying a completely different and contradictory story about this very issue, in that the ozzie couple abandoned Gabby due to being diagnosed with DS. There's other evidence like going to a Hospital of her choice and not a recommended one in the contract agreement that really call into question her sincerity etc.
Can you guys stop answering my criticism of the Thai Liar by always quoting the ozzie's are worse or what's my remedy. I am just making the point that the Thai lady may be closer to a lying, deceiptful, moneygrabbing, publicity seeking OPPORTUNIST. She is imv certainly a liar and by her own late and forced admission, that infact far from her original story it transpires SHE refused to let Gammy go on grounds she decided were hers to make future assumptions on and then impose.
There's no good in any of it, but I was addressing the now laughable 'Saint' label if anyone wants to stay on topic in response and address my facts/statement rather than go off on tangents or pedo rants.
You could always agree she's no Saint of course, as that's all I know ;-)

I still don't get how someone decides to label the mother an opportunist when she decides a child is better in their care versus an orphanage. You'd think that was a no brainer for most people.

How she be came judge and jury on this is pretty simple. She's the legal mother until such time as she choses to formally give up her rights.

No doubt that leaves open scope for major exploitation, but in this case, really?

Putting aside that the dad is a child molester, and this untrustworthy scum, his story has changed so much while the surrogate mothers has remained pretty consistent. The main evidence used against her is that:

1) she is a woman
2) she is a woman who happens to be Thai
3) she was a paid surrogate (forgetting that someone was doing the paying)

Had she really been wanting to go for he jugular she could have held the other twin. As was her legal right. She didn't and chose to be left with the high cost special needs kid.

Odds of this story going global and the donations flooding in? Billion to one. Not even London or New York's finest high priced publicist could have made this story up, and she went public not knowing that dad was a 22 time over rock spider with the mail order bride.

That the fund being administered by a independent charity means she won't be able to exploit this above and beyond what Gammy needs care wise. She is still stuck looking after a special needs kid which isn't easy and she has been doing that for 6 months before this even broke as a story.

That he son will most likely get an OZ passport, a ticket to the first world for most, hasn't moved her.

All in all on balance, her story, and more importantly her actions make it pretty obvious she's not a scammer.

Add the pedo father, and then it's hands down in her favour. Game, set, match.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand Edited by samran
  • Like 1

It's not a crusade against the Thai lady. I have given my reasons and they are reason enough. Nobody has yet addressed them because they are inexcusable, contradictory and self-serving. He's a pedo. She's a liar. Of course she wins out in any contest on morals or whatever, but that still makes her no Saint. That was after all the whole point of my posting - i.e. to point out she isn't blameless, honest or a Saint. I think we all know well enough about the headlines on the pedo aspect, so I was voicing a notable but less popular aspect.

had a spare one so you can pass it onthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

had a spare one so you can pass it onthumbsup.gif

Thanks mate, I owe you one.

TWENTY TWO convictions for child sex offences, the youngest victim being a seven year old girl? What is the scum even doing out of jail?!

Some of these judges need to be put on the dole and replaced with people who understand the concept of protecting society.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 2