regards Worgeordie

Do you mean the aerosol can with connector to tyre,so if you

get a flat in the middle of nowhere,you can connect the can,it

will blow up tyre,and whatever stuff is inside will also fix the

puncture?

if so i have seen them in Big C, or you could try car accessories

shops.

regards Worgeordie

That's what I mean. Went to Big C, they don't have it.

Tesco lotus has it for sure. I have 1 in the car all the time.

Make sure you take out all the remaining air of the tire fist otherwise it will blow up ( explode ).

After repair you still need to get the tire fixed because the solution will only hold for a few day's.

Good luck

Cheers gonna go there tomorrow

Tesco lotus has it for sure. I have 1 in the car all the time.

Make sure you take out all the remaining air of the tire fist otherwise it will blow up ( explode ).

After repair you still need to get the tire fixed because the solution will only hold for a few day's.

Good luck

Difficult to get all the remaining air, most yes, pressure yes. What is it that causes it to explode?

My experience with motorcycle tire problem is the inner tube blows out and the tube has a big rip in it...

These spray repairs will not work in these cases.

So its only recommended on tubeless tires ?

IT WORKS OK ,BUT WHEN YOU DO GET YOUR PUNCTURE REPAIRED THE REPAIR MAN WILL BE LESS THAN PLEASED WITH ALL THE GOO .

I read before, somewhere, that you cannot repair a tyre once this product has been used, you have to use a tube. It might be worth double checking first. You can get other products such as Slime that you can put into your tyre at any time which remains there until such time as you get a puncture which it then immediately repairs. I have not seen Slime here but there are similar products available in town.

IT WORKS OK ,BUT WHEN YOU DO GET YOUR PUNCTURE REPAIRED THE REPAIR MAN WILL BE LESS THAN PLEASED WITH ALL THE GOO .

I read before, somewhere, that you cannot repair a tyre once this product has been used, you have to use a tube. It might be worth double checking first. You can get other products such as Slime that you can put into your tyre at any time which remains there until such time as you get a puncture which it then immediately repairs. I have not seen Slime here but there are similar products available in town.

I have looked around for such a product for bicycle and motorbike tires but no luck. Any suggestions of where one can find?

There is a product called "GlobXX" available at the small (but upmarket) motorbike shop on Huay Kaew between Kad Suan Kaew and the Yamaha dealer. It costs about 800thb for 500 ml, and the recommendation is about 250ml per wheel on motorbikes. It also claims to be ok with both tubeless and tubed tyres. The guys at the shop told me it isn't as sticky as Slime, so doesn't p--- off tyre changers so much. Their story, I don't know.

I've tried it in one scooter (tubed) tyre as an experiment, hoping that it may stop me needing to pump it up every week. It didn't help. And I have had no punctures in the meantime, so can't comment on that aspect (or perhaps I have hidden punctures, and it is so good I don't even know!).

• Like 1

I used it once on a tubeless tyre, worked well although it is supposed to be very difficult if not impossible to remove from both the tyre and the wheel... so use as last resort.

That said I kept it in for 3000km after before writing off that bike(unrelated) so it can last much longer than the short distances they recommend.

I would also advise against taping a can to the back of a bike, did that and had it explode while parked sending gunk everywhere!

I have looked around for such a product for bicycle and motorbike tires but no luck. Any suggestions of where one can find?

Try Sah Moto. He used to have a few cans. From Airport Plaza head to the city, past Niyom Panich, until you get to a footbridge over the road next to a Post office. On the corner of that Soi. Otherwise Mr. Ebay!

Edited by Dellboy218

You can repair the tyre after using it but it's messy cleaning the tyre.

• 2 months later...

Back in my reckless youth, with no money to spare, I used this stuff often. I usually bought 'beater' cars at the beginning of winter for $100 or so, got some better tires at the junk yard, and ran the cars until the snow cleared off the roads in May and I could get back on my motorcycle. I kept cans of 'Flat-Fix' in the car at all times, and used it often. I never emptied a tire before attaching the can to the nozzle though, and never did have a tire blow up. In fact, the can doesn't have enough pressure to even properly pressurize a tire. The directions state that one should only use this to drive to the nearest repair shop, but I never bothered with repairs... I'd drive the rest of the winter with the Flat-fix keeping me going. The can's advert says that the spinning of the tire evenly distributes the goo, but I never removed a tire to see if that was so. I'd just drive back to the local junk yard and sell the car for $50.

Nice story but again relate to car use and not as started for motorcycles.

Sorry, I've just used it much more often in car tires. But I did use it once on my bike. Most good motorcycle shops sell the small cans made especially for motorcycle tires. Holes in tires are holes in tires. As long as the tire is tubeless, and the hole is a small puncture rather than a rip in the sidewall, the canned Flat-fix works fine. I had a front-wheel flat in Georgia while on a 'backroads' ride from the Canadian border to Key West, repaired it with canned Flat-fix, added some more air with the extra compressed air (like this) that I carried, and was on my way in five minutes. As I had to ride back north afterwards, I bought a new tire in Miami, although the old one was still holding air. The only real drawback that I found was that the tires run hotter after Flat-fix has been added.

Edited by FolkGuitar

It will work in tube tyres just as well, it's a quick fix to get you home but like many other people everyone should check there tyres at least once a week but many to not

Have you personal experience with it working in a tubed tire? My experience was that it did NOT work. Perhaps my tube blew a hole too large for the stuff to seal it properly, but I went through two cans and couldn't get the rim up off the ground (on a car tire, not a bike,) Never had a problem using in on tubeless tires though.