Buriram prepares medical experts to cope with danger of Ebola

webfact

Buriram prepares medical experts to cope with danger of Ebola

BURIRAM, 11 August 2014 (NNT) – Buriram Public Health has ordered every district to station medical experts at isolation rooms and in pharmacies, ready to cope with the Ebola viral disease should any emergency cases emerge. Meanwhile Ban Kruat Hospital has teamed up with authorities to closely inspect travelers at the Chong Sai Taku border crossing as a further safeguard against the disease reaching Thailand.

The current outbreak in Africa has already caused a large number of the infected to die, and has brought about worldwide alarm. Even though an outbreak of the Ebola virus in Thailand is considered extremely unlikely, the institutions concerned are staying alert to any sign of the disease and other emerging infectious diseases (EIDs).

The medical experts are required to study and diagnose diseases, isolate patients, and call on the mobile medical teams as needed in order to prevent any outbreaks of a dangerous illness.

Provincial Public Health has reiterated that hospitals and public health offices near Chong Sai Taku border crossing are to monitor and prevent other disease outbreaks as well.

[nnt]2014-08-11[/nnt]

My god my friend moved there last week and is already talking about relocating back here because of this news,my other friend took over his room so he now has to look for another poor man,but then his gf said his location would be central buriam but in fact it 1 hour away so he coming back alone lol.