O/I Visa Question- changing from B extension of stay to 60 dayTR visa and doing an O/I

Hello excitable TV forum members, I would love a quick and ruthless reply to my friend's aching visa worries. (My friend's name is Hank, he comes out when I get a tad upset).

Background- Current passport has original re-issue extension (re-issued here), then a couple of the now wrist-slappingly frowned upon back-to-back TR 60 day stickers with extensions, then a 15 day border stamp after Samui company confidently sent me without labour dept documents to Penang, then a local 14 day extension made by said company, a prelim Non-B 90 days, turned into year-long Non-B, WP applied and issued, now into the first 90 days of 1 yr Non-B.

My job is now terminated and will register cancelled visa this week. I have bought a plane ticket for early October to head back home as the likelyhood of utilising those damn beautiful tourist visas to choose between jobs is now strictly limited. I am planning an actual holiday after living and working here for seven years, transferred funds and sent parcels home, have receipts. Can show the plane ticket and proof of appropriate $ at the border. Type of work was hospitality, and with previous relaxed visa rules I could be picky about who I worked for and take some time to look for opportunities while brandishing a local atm card of personal savings. I worked maybe five and a half in the seven. The days of this feel pretty much over. Also the world is kinda falling apart right now, time to go home.

(Pssst, where will anyone find decent hospitality staff with Thai experience?..... lingo, reading, writing, working culture? I know a lot that are just here all the time, that make up the base of the contacts, not many of the restaurant/ non-corp jobs go to ad, people find people. Cant fly to an interview. Hmmm the future landscape of Thonglor trendsetting and all those southern beach clubs and boutique resorts....)

Question is, given the background, does anyone think there will be a difficulty with the issue of a 60 day tourist visa providing I can show I am flying out after one more O/I crossing at a land border?

If you have a multiple entry non-b visa from an embassy or consulate it does not go away with your job. It you have an extension of stay from immigration it does go away.

You can get a tourist visa and use it. Plus get the 30 day extension. There is no "crack down" on them only visa exempt entries.

If you have a multiple entry non-b visa from an embassy or consulate it does not go away with your job. It you have an extension of stay from immigration it does go away.

You can get a tourist visa and use it. Plus get the 30 day extension. There is no "crack down" on them only visa exempt entries.

Very good, just the man I wanted to hear from. Thanks, you put Hank's mind at rest. It's extension of stay, so gotta act quick.