Marriage Visa without the 400,000 baht

There is a new one year Multi Entry Non-immigrant visa category O (for certain specified nationalities). You need to do a border run every 90 days (without and charges) and it is renewable at the end of the year.

Please stop spreading incorrect information from the top of you 9 postings count. Non-imm Cat. O is not new is has always existed. Also, visa are not renewable. Extension of stay can be obtained at Immigration office at any time.

why would you do this though? it is a multiple entry visa! which means you could go to Laos everyday and return no problem (just pay laos visa). it is valid for one year (has an expiry date, use by) at which time you make one last border run and get your last 90 day entry. in essence you get nearly 15 months with it. why in the world you would apply for an extension in between time is lost on me.

Because some people prefers to minimize border runs, they may live away from border etc. And 60 days extension requires no proof of money, that many not have at all.

No I do not work in Thailand, I make money oversea with a business located in the US.

I only transfer part of my salary every 2 weeks in Thailand.

I make about 80,000 baht monthly, and I am doing that for at least the 4 years I am in Thailand permanently.

Since you are working in Thailand you should be able to get a one-year extension of stay for the reason of employment. No need to get married for this.

So you work in Thailand for the business located in the US. You do this for the last 4 years without paying tax in Thailand.

No I do not work in Thailand, I make money oversea with a business located in the US.

I only transfer part of my salary every 2 weeks in Thailand.

I make about 80,000 baht monthly, and I am doing that for at least the 4 years I am in Thailand permanently.

Since you are working in Thailand you should be able to get a one-year extension of stay for the reason of employment. No need to get married for this.

So you work in Thailand for the business located in the US. You do this for the last 4 years without paying tax in Thailand.

What option he had? No work permit = no tax payer.

@nikkoid66, stay under the radar is my advice.

With a multi entry visa can leave country every 150 days.

Will require an extension for reason 2.24, cost is 1,900 Bt at each entry. Make last entry at the last allowed time and will have almost 17 months for each issued visa.

To clarify this is only available to 'Married to a Thai' or has 'Thai child'

With a multi entry visa can leave country every 150 days.

Will require an extension for reason 2.24, cost is 1,900 Bt at each entry. Make last entry at the last allowed time and will have almost 17 months for each issued visa.

To clarify this is only available to 'Married to a Thai' or has 'Thai child'

Another option and VERY easy ( besides the travel hassle ) is suvannakhet, Laos Thai Consulate. They do NOT require financial proof ( 400k or 40k a month ) and no need to take pictures of u and wife together in the house and outside etc.

You arrive there in the morning ( before 11am ) and drop off:

- Application with two pictures

- copy of your passport

- copy of wife's id, signed by her

- copy of wife's house book, also signed by her

- copy of marriage certificate ( bring original in case they ask to see it )

Come back at 2:30pm and pick up your multiple - O visa.

I just did this 3 days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And how much did the visa with multi entry permit cost?

Due to my divorce being processed via mail with my ex living in jakarta, me here, and lawyer in states, plus dealing with christmas, new years (and mardi gras - hey even courts & lawyers take it as a holiday in Louisiana) our papers were delayed, causing us both to delay our remarriages.

The translation service i have talked to said you can go to Chaeng Wattena Immigration and get the dependent visa & muti entry visa by yourself but fee is 54,000฿. That was 2 services.

Even if the sat there with me and to speed things up not sure worth (which they do not, they said on your own) the $ after paying for US embassy fees, translation and urgent rush at MFA, if Savannakhet is cheaper.

Can you please advise your cost?

Thanks

PS if helps (maybe for @ubonjoe ) never had tourist visa or VOA. 6 non-imm "O" visa through ex, 90day business visa, 2 ed visa. Marriage was planned before this one expired but as i said, papers held up in states causing delays in remarrying for both my ex and i. I can't commit to new ed rules, which is why i also had to close my business. I have to fly out if my ex leaves for long business trips. I do have overseas income, through divorce, not through working. Which can be proved both by divorce papers and bank statements. Along with my own insurance also provided through divorce.

Edited by rinnie

Another option and VERY easy ( besides the travel hassle ) is suvannakhet, Laos Thai Consulate. They do NOT require financial proof ( 400k or 40k a month ) and no need to take pictures of u and wife together in the house and outside etc.

- copy of your passport

Non-imm. 'O' multiple entry fee is 5,000 Bt.

- copy of your passport

Non-imm. 'O' multiple entry fee is 5,000 Bt.

Dang, big diff from 54,000 lol, so that is with the new visa and multi entry permit.

Figured a trip for my fiance, well soon husband out, will help his new passport too when i decide to visit family too.

We not only want to make it official here, but in states too.

Dang, big diff from 54,000 lol, so that is with the new visa and multi entry permit.

Multiple entry visa do not need re-entry permit.

My non imm "O" visa my first 6 years here off my now ex, all had multi entry extensions, that renewed each year. Then went to 90 day B visa with single entry. My next was ed visa with 2 multi entry ext.

So confused on marrying thai national.

Especially where to go. And why chaeng wattena would charge that much when i know the visa itself isnt that much.

That is correct. It cost me 5,000 Baht to get the Visa. And it cost me $30 to get the Visa on Arrival for Laos at the border. If you don't have dollars ( exact change and clean / crisp bills strongly recommended ), the Visa on arrival for Laos will cost 1500 Baht.

As for Chaeng Wattana: I tried that option first, since it is the closest immigration from where my wife currently lives. I had a stack....and I mean a STACK of documents with me and an exact duplicate of that stack. I wanted to use the 40k Baht per month income route ( work permit ) instead of the 400k in the bank account for 2 months. The immigration lady who was actually very nice said:

1. Wrong immigration office. I need to go Nonthaburi, since thats where we officially live

2. Missing pictures of me at my work place, with staff

3. Need a document why I can not produce the form PND 1 ( income tax from last year ). I only started working this year and that is why I do not have the PND1. But they want it in writing from the revenue department

4. Wife has to be present. She couldn't be present because her mother unfortunately is on her death bed and can not be left alone for a minute. I did have a letter from the hospital with me for support, but that didn't matter to them.

Anyways, after leaving Chaeng Wattana, I went to Nonthanuri Immigration. Where I was assisted by an unfriendly older immigration officer that spoke little english

1. Where Wife? Wife come here too! After showing him the hospital letter: Wife come too!

2. Then he wanted the documents ( I believe they are called PND90...the one a business files every month ) stamped by the revenue department. Which is in connection with my 40k per month income proof.

3. Letter from the Revenue Department why I did not file last years tax returns ( PND 1 ). Though again, last year I did not work yet.

4. And a friendly reminder on his part again: Bring Wife!

Anyways, since I had to go back to Ubon to the revenue department anyways, I decided to " screw them" and went to Suvannakhet instead. So much LESS hassle.

In your case however, Rinnie, it may be a little bit more easy. I heard it is easier to obtain a Non-O Marriage Visa for foreign wives married to Thai Husbands. However, I can not confirm that for sure. Maybe somebody else knows more. And with somebody else, I mean Ubonjoe :P

Your number one priority should be creating a personal budget and sticking to it...and then you can worry about securing a visa.

You earn 960,000 THB a year.

That is 4 million over four years.

If you had saved just TEN PERCENT of you paycheck during that time you would already have 400,000 THB in the bank and not need to start this pointless thread.

I seldom help anyone who does not first try to help themselves.

• Like 1

I would like to update this thread because it seems that there are a lot of missunderstanding.

First, yes it is possible to go to a consulate outside of Thailand and get a visa without any question asked.

The problem will be the extension of Stay. This is where they will ask for the money in the bank. So having the visa doing a border run does not guarantee to stay in the country more than a tourist visa, that means 3 months.

Also the Marriage visa is a huge pain in the ass about getting the certificate from your embassy. The French Embassy is asking a minimum delay of 8 weeks! And they as a LOT of papers with a personal interview of you and your future spouse.

The fact that an embassy may refuse you to be married oversea is over the top, this all about control and power. What they ask to get married is ovrhelming and have nothing to do with you and your spouse relationship.

I am a bit puzzled by this. I though that I just had to get a certificate saying that I am not married and that's it. In reality, some people you don't know will judge you and your spouse and decide if you can be married or not?!?

Am I right on this, anyone got a marriage experience that was more easy and do not need to go `10x time in BK, wait in the queue for 2 months and be at risk to be denied?

I would like to update this thread because it seems that there are a lot of missunderstanding.

First, yes it is possible to go to a consulate outside of Thailand and get a visa without any question asked.

The problem will be the extension of Stay. This is where they will ask for the money in the bank. So having the visa doing a border run does not guarantee to stay in the country more than a tourist visa, that means 3 months.

Also the Marriage visa is a huge pain in the ass about getting the certificate from your embassy. The French Embassy is asking a minimum delay of 8 weeks! And they as a LOT of papers with a personal interview of you and your future spouse.

The fact that an embassy may refuse you to be married oversea is over the top, this all about control and power. What they ask to get married is ovrhelming and have nothing to do with you and your spouse relationship.

I am a bit puzzled by this. I though that I just had to get a certificate saying that I am not married and that's it. In reality, some people you don't know will judge you and your spouse and decide if you can be married or not?!?

risk to be denied?

Am I right on this, anyone got a marriage experience that was more easy and do not need to go `10x time in BK, wait in the queue for 2 months and be at

Different country, Belgium.

I asked the embassy what Belgian papers I needed, went back to Belgium, came back to Thailand with the paperwork, all very easy.

For every step (Belgium, Thailand, translations) the embassy had a list of what to do.

I would guess that going back to France(?) to get the papers would be the easiest solution for you.

Multiple entry visa do not need re-entry permit.

My non imm "O" visa my first 6 years here off my now ex, all had multi entry extensions, that renewed each year. Then went to 90 day B visa with single entry. My next was ed visa with 2 multi entry ext.

You had extensions of stay, not visa. Extensions of stay always require re-entry permit in order to leave country without cancelling it.

Just talk with the French Embassy, I need to wait 2 months (October) to get an appointment, then at least 2 more months to get the CCAM (certificate that allows me to get married). That is the first step of the process!

Total minimum 4 months for starting. Then need to get married, then need to get this marriage translated and notified then I can figure out the Visa.

What a hassle!

Just talk with the French Embassy, I need to wait 2 months (October) to get an appointment, then at least 2 more months to get the CCAM (certificate that allows me to get married). That is the first step of the process!

Total minimum 4 months for starting. Then need to get married, then need to get this marriage translated and notified then I can figure out the Visa.

What a hassle!

That is an absurd wait to get permission to marry. I think took about an hour to get mine.

You do not have to have the marriage certificate translated unless you plan on getting a visa for her to France or registering your marriage there.

Ii will not be needed for anything here.

What a hassle!

Try contacting at the numbers in this URL

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/les-francais-a-l-etranger/vos-droits-et-demarches/etat-civil/

To verify if this service you're getting is in line with guidelines and possibly lodge a complain.

• 1 year later...

Hi
Im married to thai lady and i have non immigrant type O multiple entry which will expire on feb 2016
I just read ur comment is it true that no need 40k or 40 thousands to show in loas ?
Can u pls contact me
DELETED
I really need more information

Bestregards
Waleed Abdullah

Edited by seedy
personal details