Windows 7 and Loxinfo email

delboy

I have a Loxinfo email address of the form @chmai.loxinfo.co.th.  This works perfectly ok on Windows XP with Outlook Express, and also on my smartphone.  However, I can't get it to work on Windows 7, either in Mozilla Thunderbird, or in Microsoft Outlook 2007.

I have used the same ports and server codes (and tried lots of different ones) as on XP, but each time I attempt to send a message, my user name or password is rejected.

I know my user name and password work with Windows 7, because I can log in to Web Mail on CSLoxinfo's web site.

If anybody has any serious suggestions on what to check, I'd be most grateful.  The CSLoxinfo website doesn't even mention Windows 7, or Vista.  Life for them seems to have ended with XP.

Edited by delboy

You seem to be saying that only sending is affected. If so you should double-check the smtp server and port, and also the password encryption and security settings for the smtp server. Any of these could be stopping it from working. Start by setting the encryption and password security to "none" and see what happens.

Also turn off (temporarily) any antivirus email protection you may have.

Thanks for the suggestions.  It is now working.

I checked, double checked, and checked again the SMTP port, trying smpt.csloxinfo.com and mail.csloxinfo.com, and re-typing the user name and password.  I changed the port from 587 (which I use on XP and the smartphone), and found that when I used port 465, it worked.

I don't understand why it needed a different output port from XP and the smartphone, and I don't really care, as long as it works.

The wonders of the computer age.