Tak Tak engine

sipi

Can anyone please provide any technical data about the humble Tak Tak engine to someone with limited knowledge about engines? At a casual glance it appears to be a Kubota 500/600cc, water cooled, fuel injected, single cylinder, wet-sump?, 2-stroke??? Basically designed as a diesel from what I can see, but can obviously run on anything from unleaded to vegetable oil, but mostly unleaded. Wonderfully hardy engine with a lovely tone.

Oh Ok. Thanks. I have only seen the ones they use to transport farm equipment (and each other), then change the wheels to do ploughing. I have only seen the one type of engine used, or so it seems.

Yes that is the engine, although obviously not in a Tak Tak in your pic. They seem invincible. I can't believe the amount of weight they can pull for a small single cylinder, often a dozen people on a timber cart. Is it 2 stroke with a wet sump? I can't see any valving on the head. Not pimping one like you, just curious.

Not mine, that's a thread running here that I thought you might get some info from. You're calling it a tak tak this is referred to as an Etan, I'm not familiar with either just the engine you described.

Edited by WarpSpeed

I think he means the lot egon (spelling!!!)  that come without engine....then you buy whatever engine you want.  The local dealers up here would sell 10 Chinese (many brands) for every Kubota engine.

Something like this:

[attachment=279001:CropperCapture29.jpg]

Edited by BSJ
  • Like 1