Should Thailand Put A Bounty On Overstayers/Illegal Workers?

ATF

Why shouldnt we clean up our own mess ? Why should we expect the Thais to use there overstretched budgets and resouces to sort out aliens! NO we should do it for them, prove we are decent law abiding people and an asset to Thailand, not some low life pretending to be qualified at something by virtue of the langugae they speak ! Abusing the hospitality of the nation they are in. Its not unreasonzble to simply ask or expect people to follow the leagal requirements.
If people have families etc and are not legal then they are being even more irresponsible! And I genuinely feel sorry for those families being placed in that situation, but they know why and know who's fault that is......there own, that is undeniable.

Dont bleat and moan at a system just because YOU chose to avoid it and are being corrected for it.

Well said Sir.

Congratulations to ATF for bringing this thread to life.

It's certainly upset some people, why would that be.

I am sure these people would be very unhappy about illegals and visa wrong doers back in their home countries. This is different of course. They will be along shortly to anise, that is if they arnt too busy slagging off at Thais and Thailand in other parts of the forum.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why shouldnt we clean up our own mess ? Why should we expect the Thais to use there overstretched budgets and resouces to sort out aliens! NO we should do it for them, prove we are decent law abiding people and an asset to Thailand, not some low life pretending to be qualified at something by virtue of the langugae they speak ! Abusing the hospitality of the nation they are in. Its not unreasonzble to simply ask or expect people to follow the leagal requirements.
If people have families etc and are not legal then they are being even more irresponsible! And I genuinely feel sorry for those families being placed in that situation, but they know why and know who's fault that is......there own, that is undeniable.

Dont bleat and moan at a system just because YOU chose to avoid it and are being corrected for it.

Or...just for the novelty of it, you could try to avoid being irrationally caught up in hysteria, and behaving as if you have any type of authority in a country which you are a guest, not any type of authority.

Edited by John1thru10
  • Like 1

Well said Sir.

I am sure these people would be very unhappy about illegals and visa wrong doers back in their home countries. This is different of course. They will be along shortly to anise, that is if they arnt too busy slagging off at Thais and Thailand in other parts of the forum.

You know, I once apologized to you.  I take it back.  You're a very crude person.

Not sure if the OP is familiar with Thailand and Thai police/Immigration but if your idea was implemented the corruption factor would kick-in.

Unless they can make a buck, they don't get off their butt. 

Example - currently in Bangkok you will see numerous Thai police buildings next to the road.  During the hot part of the day, they are inside enjoying the A/C and reading their newspaper versus out doing traffic enforcement.

Allow the Thai govt to first become proficient at the basics before taking an offensive on immigration overstay offenders.

As overstayers is identified due to law enforcement issues (so now they are both an overstayer with a criminal record), they should be deported at the overstayers expense.

NOTE --- I just read a USG article (Department of Homeland Security) where local law enforcement released illegal immigrants which had criminal records (now someone needs to do some explaining) because it takes months in the US to deport someone (substantial costs for housing, food, medical and security).

You mention some valid points. There is a cost to doing any business and the Authorities would be amply rewarded on a percentage of bounty basis.

I will return home, entering the country on my Thai passport, passport which has been viewed by some on this forum.

ND, are you now really announcing your dual nationality to us? After so many years spent as a bank examiner in the US, now you've become a national, I'm shocked! That being the case, you now seem to espouse an anti farang view, I'm shocked further.

I don't espouse anything

"Thou doth protesteth too much"!

• Like 1

I will return home, entering the country on my Thai passport, passport which has been viewed by some on this forum.

ND, are you now really announcing your dual nationality to us? After so many years spent as a bank examiner in the US, now you've become a national, I'm shocked! That being the case, you now seem to espouse an anti farang view, I'm shocked further.
Try to pay attention CM. For starters I am not from the USA, nor have I ever worked in a Bank..... another nice little veiled insult. My status is well known on the forum by people who read posts, not just post posts, Theres plenty of people on the forum who have communicated and interacted with me on the forum for the best part of a decade. Some of them have met me. I am not announcing anything that is not already known here.

I don't espouse anything and am certainly not anti farang. Have you not noticed that so e of my closest allies on the forum are farangs, legal farangs. Perhaps you are too busy admiring yourself to notice anyone else.

Keep going though your attempts are amusing, yet pathetic at the same time.

It would be very difficult for anyone to work In either field I worked throughout the decades I worked in them without being educated, actually impossible.

It's sad that you feel so threatened by this comical bounty hunter idea.

If only it were reality. Good evening. wink.png

...stop. we've had this discussion.  It's too aggressive and out of line to appoint yourself a policing agent without actual authority.  Enjoy your time in Australia, and stop trying to feel powerful by judging everyone by their visa status, please.

Please show me where I appointed myself a policing agent. I said right at the beginning I didn't want the job.

You don't get to tell me when to 'stop' and 'start', why are you being so aggressive to appoint yourself to that role?

The quoted post above is in response to Mr Chang Mai, it has nothing to do with you John. Time to settle. If you are legal. what do you care how the wrong doers are rounded up?

Mr ATF has done well indeed.

Or...just for the novelty of it, you could try to avoid being irrationally caught up in hysteria, and behaving as if you have any type of authority in a country which you are a guest, not any type of authority.

You dont need 'authority' nor position to do the right thing and FOLLOW THE LAW ! of the country in which you reside.

All talk and no action get off your keyboards, get out into the real world and go find some overstayers and criminals of course we all know that will never happen, even if there was a legal way you could do this the individuals on this board would still be sat on TV mouthing off about somthing or other.

Maybe first we should put a bounty out on anyone who engages in prostitution - that's illegal.  I mean, as soon as we get rid of all the perverts and abusers who have ever spent time with a bargirl, the better Thailand will be for the rest of us.  Do you agree, OP?

I'm sure you'd consider that 'completely different', for some mysterious reason.

John the worst or at least some of the worst perverts I've met in Thailand have been the religious maniacs who can't perform the natural act of sex without guilt or thinking their mother is looking over their shoulder.

Anyway Pervs will be on the Bounty list too but we'll probably do them for free.

All talk and no action get off your keyboards, get out into the real world and go find some overstayers and criminals of course we all know that will never happen, even if there was a legal way you could do this the individuals on this board would still be sat on TV mouthing off about somthing or other.

Of course, isnt that what forums are for ? Duh !

Well said Sir.

You know, I once apologized to you.  I take it back.  You're a very crude person.

Too funny John. How old are you? You take it back? You talk about as if it was some type of commodity.....fantastic stuff, I hope you feel better John. 😄

Crude, I may well be, but all I have said here is the illegals and overstayers should be rounded up and sent home. simple really.
  • Like 1

Yeah all the usual insults come out.

Drunks? No, tea tottler.
Prostitute user? Nope.
Barstool hero? No, haven't sat In a barstool for decades.

It's priceless but very predictable.

You dont need 'authority' nor position to do the right thing and FOLLOW THE LAW ! of the country in which you reside.

The 'law of the country' is definitely not that farangs are self appointed bounty hunters.  Or, didn't you stop to consider that?

The 'law of the country' is definitely not that farangs are self appointed bounty hunters.  Or, didn't you stop to consider that?

Dear John,

I hope this is t too crude for you.

That's what the thread was about. Please keep up or are you busy counting your 'apologies'?

funny lad.

Well, dont all you people look stupid ! The bottom line of all of this, was and is so simple.

Many here have ridiculed and shot off at the mouth and ranted off on a tangent how awful this is.

Its simple, just follow the law, they arent even new! Just being enforced thats all.
The sky isnt falling, the world wont end, just follow the legal requirements requested of you and no one and nothing can harm or upset you can it.

Geez, honestly you lot !
  • Like 1

Drunks? No, tea tottler.
Prostitute user? Nope.

Not even in Thailand yourself, though, and making yourself feel good by pretending as it it's your country?  √

ps - I know, 'Thai relatives'..it's no excuse to behave as self-entitled (ie, crudely) as you are today.  It's just not respectable.  Try to find something constructive to do instead of worrying about some overstayers somewhere, who you don't even know, and in a country you're not even in.  Really.

I have work to get back to, but have a good evening.

Edited by John1thru10

Drunks? No, tea tottler.
Prostitute user? Nope.

Not even in Thailand yourself, though, and making yourself feel good by pretending as it it's your country?  √
ps - I know, 'Thai relatives'..who cares is my response.

John,

You are being silly now. You are telling me I have to be at home to make posts on the forum?

I will be home soon enough, didn't realise I wasn't allowed to post in the meantime.

Perhaps the forum should update their rules.

Wow, I can see you are worried about real issues, forget the illegal workers and overstayers, neverdie is out of Thailand.

You must be pulling my leg.

Drunks? No, tea tottler.
Prostitute user? Nope.

ps - I know, 'Thai relatives'..it's no excuse to behave as self-entitled (ie, crudely) as you are today.  It's just not respectable.  Try to find something constructive to do instead of worrying about some overstayers somewhere, who you don't even know, and in a country you're not even in.  Really.

I have work to get back to, but have a good evening.

John,

You keep changing your posts, not typos, entire sentences. How can I respond to your concerns.

Please understand it's no secret I'm outside Thailand ATM, perhaps a hundred or more here have discussed my travels with me.

Again, perhaps you could point out where I am breaking any rules or laws?

Nice diversion tactics ur running there john. crudely running, should I add. 😄
  • Like 1

Do you mean you tell the police if anyone is overstaying I would say no

No good telling the police,they would want want a cut,if not the lot.Straight to the general.Maybe i could buy a van and employ a coupla Thai heavies to help me inspect suspects passport,then drive overstayer straight to airport detention,where i could pick up my fee.

I like your style mate.How about dob in an illegal farang hotline.Then i wont have to move from my bar stool,money can go straight to my acc.I can send a girl down to withdraw enough to pay the bin.Will i need a work permit?

The great ideas just keep on coming! We'll have a hotline and id's will be confidential. We will EMS your commission to any address of your choosing including bars.

You will need to register under an alias all checks made to CASH.

• Like 2

How pathetic to want to introduce measures to alienate us more than we already are.

What about all the Thai criminals who constantly escape justice? and all you can think about is creating even more bad press for farangs.

Overstaying and get hunted down by fellow farangs for a bounty.

What a complete idiot.

I agree,lets not be racist.The Thais can certainly join in on the hunting down.It would be good for moral,farang and Thai working together to get rid of overstayers.I'm feeling better already.

How easy is it for the multi-millionaire business men / retirement visa guys. They have no worries (no, I don't have any visa worries) they sit on their bar stools looking down on people and judging themselves to be Thailand's chosen ones. Let's hope your next on the junta list- where did the money come from?, paid your taxes?, Uncle Somchai and his brood really do work for you?
Yes, get rid of the criminals, but most have the money to skirt the law. I feel sorry for all the hard working fathers who will have to leave their kids.
Get a HEART!

Yes you are right,i have no worries from my lofty perch.My taxes are between me and my creative accountant.If so called working fathers are working they will have a working permit,and all is good.If not,they shouldnt be putting there kids at risk.

• Like 1

But first introduce workpermits for bounty hunters.
If not, the hunters will be hunted by hunters who.....etc.

It'll be like Looper. You work illegally hunting down illegal workers only to be hunted down yourself for working illegally.

too funny !

meanwhile everyone is asleep or eating SomTam ;)

After seing pics of the zimmer frame boys as guests on tv party's i doubt some are in physical capacity to take a piss on their own without their thai wives or rental girlfriends help let alone being a bounty hunter.The guys on dads army where in better shape even Stephen Hawking could do that job better.
  • Like 2

As Kenny Everett once said ''Round 'em up. Put 'em in a field. And bomb the bas....s!''

Yep. The law breakers do make things more difficult for others. I'm no fan, but it's really not my place. Or yours. These numpties make life harder for themselves than anyone else.  However, as a human I find it difficult to be angry with a bloke on hard times with a wife and family. I knew a guy whose roof fell in during the flood (he was staying in a hotel when it happened). Cost him a fortune to fix. So much so, he had problems renewing a visa (he had to sell his car). He did get it sorted but had a short overstay of a few days.

Been in Thailand for over 20 years. Peaceful chap. Wife and three kids all went to Uni at his expense. Would you 'grass' him up? If 'yes', have a word with yourself. Somebody needs to follow plants like this or any other 'Bounty Hunter' laugh.png around with a video camera and see if he goes over the speed limit or changes lanes without indicating. Or if he has any copied software on his computer or copied CD's/movies. Video the evidence and send it to the appropriate authorities. Also, see if he picks up a lady of the night. That's illegal too.

Methinks some of the old timers are losing it a bit. In the words of Monty Python ''Stop it. It's silly.'' Currying favour will not save your bottoms if they want all the foreigners out. Relax. I really don't think that's the case. I think the authorities can do the job in weeding the unwanted out themselves somehow.

• Like 2