Should Thailand Put A Bounty On Overstayers/Illegal Workers?

ATF

Would said bounty hunters get a yellow hummer to drive around in?

no but a bright uniform and medals.

The shot in the back medal is one of the most wanted....because they are so quick when running

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But first introduce workpermits for bounty hunters.
If not, the hunters will be hunted by hunters who.....etc.

An 'exemption' would do.

Also previous law,enforcement experience would be a must, to keep wannabes or douchebags from becoming the hunters. wink.png or perhaps education and training courses for a fee, creating a whole new industry.

This brilliant scheme may have a flaw.

If all the overstayers register to be hunters, follow a course, get an ED visa, there will be nobody left to hunt down.

Beat me to it

Did it ever dawn on you that there's tons of low life giving the decent foriegner in LOS a bad name. Don't you think it would be a better place without that element?

Perhaps if you can't see these people around the usual places, then perhaps......<snip>.....well let's just say, there's no need to make this thread personal, that wasn't the OP's intention. I don't know you and you don't know me, we will leave it at that.

Some people here might like the low life element around but I don't. There's enough native low life in Thailand without importing the grubs. end of story really.

From your postings here on TV I know enough, that I do not wish to know you.

I admit, it was a wide net I threw and does not apply to all law enforcement.

But it does apply to way too many.

Actually, I worked in law enforcement myself, for the USDA Forest Service, for a few years.

I know there are good officers as well as insecure pyscos in law enforcement.

I do agree that Thailand needs to clean up the low life foreign element.

It is only one of many areas the Thai government is trying to tackle now.

But unlike the op, I feel it is a job that Thailand needs to do and not be hired out to mercenaries and pyscos looking for a thrill. 

Thailand is finally making a good effort to clean up it's government and the way people conduct business.

It will be a long and painful process for many, but the country will be a better place for good people in the long run if they succeed.

I do not think foreigners should get involved and I do not believe Thai people want them to get involved. 

Great stuff, I agree with everything you said this time.

I know several Thai Police who over the years have approached me and asked me questions about how certain things are dealt with in my other home..... so just maybe there's Thais out there who might appreciate such a system.

For too long fools and idiots have ruined things for good people. There's many good people in this forum who have been caught up in a system which is trying to make things difficult for the bad. If a tidier Thailand existed in relation to mis behaving foreigners, that would improve the outlook for all.

For too long, trash has hidden out in LOS, they're not helping anyone but themselves and they truely make it harder for everyone. One bad politician makes many look bad. One corrupt Police Officer or govt official makes many look bad.

The other day I saw two 'foreigner's'. getting it on ontop of a Buddha statue, it came to me through a Thai acquaintance. It made me very sad. There was a lot of anger amoungst Buddhist Thai people over this and the constant word being used was 'farang'. NOW BEFORE anyone gets upset, I'm not suggesting these people were long term residents but I will tell you what Thai people were seeing was a foreigner disrespecting something very important to them.

There's examples of long term expats looking very bad in Thailand, I don't need to mention which towns.

Well I hope you told them that that was not how they were expected to behave in Australia...or did you just want to share.

Ahh.. How easy life would be if there were only good people and bad people..

Although i can't deny the OP having a point, i guess there are unlimited shades of grey between black and white.

There was a guy, few years ago, who said something like :

" Let who's without sin cast the first stone"

Personally, i'll stick to that.

Stonings another great idea. Entertaining families for over 2,000 years.

• Like 1

I was just about to have lunch. I think I'll wait a bit

And forget about the Bounty for desert, I hear they are hard to find these days.
The dark chocolate ones were the best, but even more hard to find.

I normally buy Bounty at Duty Free , the big box. Love them :-)

I think some rat getting around as a 'bounty hunter' would be 5 steps down the ladder from a Foreign Police Volunteer.

The Bounty Hunters will get paid. That's the difference.

Holy crap, every time I think this forum has reached a new low, there's always a couple of members out there willing to get out their shovels and dig even deeper.

Keep digging, you might find a sense of humour eventually.

Damned! You beat me to it.

So what exactly is supposed to be humorous about this thread?  Any quote in the last 4 or 5 pages will do.

• Like 1

I think some rat getting around as a 'bounty hunter' would be 5 steps down the ladder from a Foreign Police Volunteer.

Leave Rodents out of it!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 1

NEWS UPDATE:

Unlucky rat complains: I caught the Toad just after he left the tax free shop, only to find that he had already eaten half the box of Bounties. Paid tip-off  money to the manager too.

• Like 2

Holy crap, every time I think this forum has reached a new low, there's always a couple of members out there willing to get out their shovels and dig even deeper.

So what exactly is supposed to be humorous about this thread?  Any quote in the last 4 or 5 pages will do.

Well. if i was Thai, i would find quite humorous the sight of Foreigners spying on Foreigners whistling.gif

• Like 2

Bloody hell, rodents, amphibians etc all we need now is Costas and his Badger Milking

I heard he received his replacement TGAU after breaking his last one.

Maybe he's bit busy playing wi that or milking badgers.

I believe he was also investigating a new job at the FFC. Maybe he's tied up. ;)
  • Like 1

There's a word for that, op. GRASS! Watch it doesn't come back to bite you.

I'm all for weeding out the scum, but let's let the Thais do their thing; I mean, it is their country after all. Jeez!

Biggest wind up for a long time

[quote name="nidieunimaitre" post="8237539" timestamp="1407914400"]

[quote name="1BADDAT" post="8237452" timestamp="1407913326"]

[quote name="nidieunimaitre" post="8237139" timestamp="1407908562"]

[quote name="mrtoad" post="8237083" timestamp="1407907765"]

[quote name="nicolas18" post="8237064" timestamp="1407907547"]
Holy crap, every time I think this forum has reached a new low, there's always a couple of members out there willing to get out their shovels and dig even deeper.[/quote]
 [/quote]
 [/quote]
So what exactly is supposed to be humorous about this thread?  Any quote in the last 4 or 5 pages will do.[/quote]
On behalf of myself and the other posters of this thread I wish to apologise for not using the words pipi and kaka, thereby causing you to suffer  humour withdrawal symptoms[/quote]

More likely a personality bypass issue.

On behalf of myself and the other posters of this thread I wish to apologise for not using the words pipi and kaka, thereby causing you to suffer  humour withdrawal symptoms

I can see that this is an attempt at humor.  I still would like to see anything in this thread that resembles humor.  You guys brought it up, so point out what is so obvious for a select few to see.

[quote name="1BADDAT" post="8237571" timestamp="1407914889"][quote name="nidieunimaitre" post="8237539" timestamp="1407914400"] [quote name="1BADDAT" post="8237452" timestamp="1407913326"] [quote name="nidieunimaitre" post="8237139" timestamp="1407908562"] [quote name="mrtoad" post="8237083" timestamp="1407907765"] Keep digging, you might find a sense of humour eventually.
 [/quote]
 [/quote]
So what exactly is supposed to be humorous about this thread?  Any quote in the last 4 or 5 pages will do.[/quote]
On behalf of myself and the other posters of this thread I wish to apologise for not using the words pipi and kaka, thereby causing you to suffer  humour withdrawal symptoms
 [/quote]

I can see that this is an attempt at humor.  I still would like to see anything in this thread that resembles humor.  You guys brought it up, so point out what is so obvious for a select few to see.
 [/quote]

If you cant see it, then you never will. Humour transplants are available through Bangkok Gerben International Hospital. Contact CharlieH

I'm all in favor or making light of a subject, sarcasm, banter and black humor. But this thread doesn't make it to the starting blocks, seems like it's mostly two dribbling posters who've lost the plot, sorry!

It's seems you will take any attempt to insult, even with a poor veiled attempt.

It's a serious subject, however one doesn't need to split ones rectum over it. Try relaxing, deep breathing and reminding yourself, people are virtually allowed to discuss anything here, within reason.

If I wanted to insult you I wouldn't cover it in a veil, trust me!

I've stated my view on the subject, it seems others share it. You seem to drift between trying to make it a humorous debate and then when challenged, taking the more serious intellectual debating view. You are confused at best.

• Like 2

Ahh.. How easy life would be if there were only good people and bad people..
Although i can't deny the OP having a point, i guess there are unlimited shades of grey between black and white.

But it is easy. Everybody's good, you see, and lovable for their goodness. Kumbaya! The OP's proposal boils down to a simple matter of good, lovable bounty hunters helping the good, lovable overstayers/illegal workers get into compliance with Thai law--and collecting a bounty for so helping. The law seems pretty clear, and it's the job of Immigration to determine any legal shades of grey.

• Like 2