Should Thailand Put A Bounty On Overstayers/Illegal Workers?

ATF

They ducked and dived, abused the the system in there place of origin, then came to Thailand to abuse the relaxed way of life and live n let live attitude of the Thai people, they made the mistake of mistaking kindness and tolerance for weakness, now they are feeling the result of their abuse of the Thai system.

Get legal, or get out, respect for your host, nothing more is expected, nor demanded, nothing unreasonable, just live by the rules of the land YOU CHOSE to live in........yyeeaaahhhhhhh.

Yeeeeaaaaaaaaahhh Roland you're the Man!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would said bounty hunters get a yellow hummer to drive around in?

You're thinking of the Work Permit Posse.
Team Six (tasked with chasing down overstayers and wayward out-inners as part of Operation Runner) blend in by getting around in Urvans and Hi-Aces.

They ducked and dived, abused the the system in there place of origin, then came to Thailand to abuse the relaxed way of life and live n let live attitude of the Thai people, they made the mistake of mistaking kindness and tolerance for weakness, now they are feeling the result of their abuse of the Thai system.

Get legal, or get out, respect for your host, nothing more is expected, nor demanded, nothing unreasonable, just live by the rules of the land YOU CHOSE to live in........yyeeaaahhhhhhh.

When's your vacation finished? laugh.png

Amazing that some of the loudest protesters are resident TVF experts with 14k posts plus......and apparently worried about overstay and illegal work.....people that apparently can't get the basics right, stuff first time visitors to the country acheive without even as much hot air.

All a guy did was make a suggestion for a way to clean criminal overstayers and illegal workers up and you all race in with offensive rants.

Priceless. Get legal douchebags, then resume posting. Sad to be you.

We don't dispute the principle but we wholly disagree with the approach and execution!

What normal person would not agree: successive governments, over many years, have given tacit approval to "no valid visa" visitors on a long term basis.

Those people have been allowed, nay sanctioned, to build houses, buy property, marry and raise families and more. The fact that a sudden change in government changes all that and many people have to unwind their lives at short notice, causes me difficulty. What causes me even greater difficulty is the fact that some nutjobs are happy to make light of it all and don't recognize the extent and nature of the human problem for what it is.

• Like 2

Sounds like a good reality show.... Have a big blonde lady boy as your side kick.. Driving around in a tuk tuk chasing down overtayers.

Sent from my c64

Yes. Can you imagine all the wormy arsed abusive overstayers who are talking the talk here.....begging for mercy at the IDC. That would make good viewing.

There's a distinct whiff of schadenfreude in the air, hmmm!

If I have a degree of satisfaction when a criminal gets his comeuppance, is it schadenfreude?

Nobody is getting pleasure from another's misfortunes unless those "misfortunes" are simply just desserts.

(PS, you can't use words like that with ND....he doesn't like to look edumacated.)

• Like 1

Do not judge others lest you be judged yourself./

For all we know, you could be a total dick and a real bad image of farangs here.

We don't even know you, but your obvious style of thought in getting involved in the business of others who have done no harm to you just tells us all that you are not in the slightest a nice person.

YOU should be the first to be rounded up and shipped out.

I would pay to see the likes of you and neverdie gone from these shore for good.

I am 100% legal by the way.

I am no picture of virtue, but at least i don't go around looking for enemies behind the comfort of my keyboard.

People like you just want to make trouble with no thought for the consequences.... I hope you get flattened by a truck in your perfect little paradise.

Edited by crosshairs
  • Like 2

No need he's only here on holiday, will be off soon due to visa requirements.

I could make a lot of money on this, there are at least 6 or 7 construction sites near me with illegal burmese, cambodian, laotian workers on them. .....oh thats right, you only want to hassle the white foreigners, huh?

Yep...coz they're giving us a bad name.

It's the angry and bitter old drunks on this forum who give the rest of us a bad name.

A question to you aspiring bounty hunters out there: Does it say "bounty hunter" on your work permit? If not, please surrender to the immigration police immediately. laugh.png

You didn't answer my question; Are you a supporter of illegal immigrants back in your home country?

No need he's only here on holiday, will be off soon due to visa requirements.

If karma does in fact exist, there are a few on here who have seriously paved the way for some bad shit coming their way.

I hope it ends in complete misery for them.

People should learn to look after their own issues before condemning the issues of complete strangers.

There's a distinct whiff of schadenfreude in the air, hmmm!

If I have a degree of satisfaction when a criminal gets his comeuppance, is it schadenfreude?

Nobody is getting pleasure from another's misfortunes unless those "misfortunes" are simply just desserts.

(PS, you can't use words like that with ND....he doesn't like to look edumacated.)

Just desert is one thing, sudden official changes from a position of tacit and tolerated approvals after many years, is another.

(PPS: he's not!)

For all we know, you could be a total dick and a real bad image of farangs here.

We don't even know you, but your obvious style of thought in getting involved in the business of others who have done no harm to you just tells us all that you are not in the slightest a nice person.

I would pay to see the likes of you and neverdie gone from these shore for good.

I am no picture of virtue, but at least i don't go around looking for enemies behind the comfort of my keyboard.

People like you just want to make trouble with no thought for the consequences.... I hope you get flattened by a truck in your perfect little paradise.

It would be nice if they did give these "bounty hunters" uniforms and little badges it would be hilarious to see someone who spends all day typing rubbish on a forum whilst shoveling debilitating junk food and cheap beer down their throats shuffling around trying to look important.

Well I have good news and I have bad news.

Firstly, I'm offshore ATM, on holidays overseas.

Bad news is, when my trip is over I will return home, entering the country on my Thai passport, passport which has been viewed by some on this forum.

I will travel overseas in the future, but I will be sure to abide by the relevant laws and visa requirements of the country I visit, not strutt around like gods gift and do as I please.

There's plenty of foreigners doing the wrong thing, the sooner they are removed and dealt with the sooner ones will improve for people doing the correct thing.

I'm all for it.

Clearly I am enemy number 1 for some of these people here, so sad too bad.

Thailand does not need guests to the kingdom running around doing as they please.

Amazing that some of the loudest protesters are resident TVF experts with 14k posts plus......and apparently worried about overstay and illegal work.....people that apparently can't get the basics right, stuff first time visitors to the country acheive without even as much hot air.

All a guy did was make a suggestion for a way to clean criminal overstayers and illegal workers up and you all race in with offensive rants.

We don't dispute the principle but we wholly disagree with the approach and execution!

What normal person would not agree: successive governments, over many years, have given tacit approval to "no valid visa" visitors on a long term basis.

Those people have been allowed, nay sanctioned, to build houses, buy property, marry and raise families and more. The fact that a sudden change in government changes all that and many people have to unwind their lives at short notice, causes me difficulty. What causes me even greater difficulty is the fact that some nutjobs are happy to make light of it all and don't recognize the extent and nature of the human problem for what it is.

Mr. CM you sound like a student of human behaviour and the quickest easiest way to change bad behaviour is a short sharp shock.

Packs of money hungry Bounty Hunters roaming all the provinces of Thailand leaving no stone unturned.

Professionally and legally documented and supervised of course.

This forum sure does weed out all the REAL trash farangs here.

I will make a record of them, who to avoid list.

The curtain twitchers of Thailand with a hotline to immigration ready to grass up and try to destroy the lives of others for no other reason than pure enjoyment.

What a bitter and twisted bunch of dregs that poor old Thailand has the misfortune to be hosting.

I could imagine being shook down by a bunch of lame 'bounty hunters' demanding to see my visa and passport, I would quite literally kick them as hard as I could in the balls.

It would be only a matter of time before we hear of some of these 'bounty hunters' being set upon by the Thai families of foreigners they are hassling and hopefully being killed.

No 'bounty hunter' would be safe here, and I would be the first to point them out to anjgry Thais.

Edited by crosshairs
  • Like 2

I will return home, entering the country on my Thai passport, passport which has been viewed by some on this forum.

ND, are you now really announcing your dual nationality to us? After so many years spent as a bank examiner in the US, now you've become a national, I'm shocked! That being the case, you now seem to espouse an anti farang view, I'm shocked further.

Edited by chiang mai

Mr. CM you sound like a student of human behaviour and the quickest easiest way to change bad behaviour is a short sharp shock.

Packs of money hungry Bounty Hunters roaming all the provinces of Thailand leaving no stone unturned.

Professionally and legally documented and supervised of course.

He won't understand what you are saying, he's too busy with his pathetic little veiled insults and usual drivel he litters the forum with.

He's getting worked up about illegals and visa overstayers. I wonder why that is? Edited by neverdie

my idea is to put a bounty on your head.....I think that removing people with your mindset from Thailand would be the first step in the recovery efforts for Thailand

Logic dictates your response. You are now on the list.

This forum sure does weed out all the REAL trash farangs here.

I will make a record of them, who to avoid list.

The curtain twitchers of Thailand with a hotline to immigration ready to grass up and try to destroy the lives of others for no other reason than pure enjoyment.

What a bitter and twisted bunch of dregs that poor old Thailand has the misfortune to be hosting.

I could imagine being shook down by a bunch of lame 'bounty hunters' demanding to see my visa and passport, I would quite literally kick them as hard as I could in the balls.

It would be only a matter of time before we hear of some of these 'bounty hunters' being set upon by the Thai families of foreigners they are hassling and hopefully being killed.

No 'bounty hunter' would be safe here, and I would be the first to point them out to anjgry Thais.

If they do turn up, ask for their bounty hunter work permit ... which they haven't got, of course. Then call the cops.

Why should bounty hunters stop at overstayers?

There are many crimes being committed right now in Thailand, one of the most blatant is the massive prostitution industry catering to foreigners.

There are THOUSANDS of expat criminals breaking the law every single night in the flesh pits of Pattaya and Suhkumvit. Many of them will be posting in this very thread, trying to divert attention away from their own deviant crimes! Arrest and deport them all, and let the police back home know what they've been up to
  • Like 2

Not sure if the OP is familiar with Thailand and Thai police/Immigration but if your idea was implemented the corruption factor would kick-in.

Unless they can make a buck, they don't get off their butt. 

Example - currently in Bangkok you will see numerous Thai police buildings next to the road.  During the hot part of the day, they are inside enjoying the A/C and reading their newspaper versus out doing traffic enforcement.

Allow the Thai govt to first become proficient at the basics before taking an offensive on immigration overstay offenders.

As overstayers is identified due to law enforcement issues (so now they are both an overstayer with a criminal record), they should be deported at the overstayers expense.

NOTE --- I just read a USG article (Department of Homeland Security) where local law enforcement released illegal immigrants which had criminal records (now someone needs to do some explaining) because it takes months in the US to deport someone (substantial costs for housing, food, medical and security).

I will return home, entering the country on my Thai passport, passport which has been viewed by some on this forum.

ND, are you now really announcing your dual nationality to us? After so many years spent as a bank examiner in the US, now you've become a national, I'm shocked! That being the case, you now seem to espouse an anti farang view, I'm shocked further.

Try to pay attention CM. For starters I am not from the USA, nor have I ever worked in a Bank..... another nice little veiled insult. My status is well known on the forum by people who read posts, not just post posts, Theres plenty of people on the forum who have communicated and interacted with me on the forum for the best part of a decade. Some of them have met me. I am not announcing anything that is not already known here.

I don't espouse anything and am certainly not anti farang. Have you not noticed that so e of my closest allies on the forum are farangs, legal farangs. Perhaps you are too busy admiring yourself to notice anyone else.

Keep going though your attempts are amusing, yet pathetic at the same time.

It would be very difficult for anyone to work In either field I worked throughout the decades I worked in them without being educated, actually impossible.

It's sad that you feel so threatened by this comical bounty hunter idea.

If only it were reality. Good evening. ;)

Maybe first we should put a bounty out on anyone who engages in prostitution - that's illegal.  I mean, as soon as we get rid of all the perverts and abusers who have ever spent time with a bargirl, the better Thailand will be for the rest of us.  Do you agree, OP?

I'm sure you'd consider that 'completely different', for some mysterious reason.

Edited by John1thru10

Why shouldnt we clean up our own mess ? Why should we expect the Thais to use there overstretched budgets and resouces to sort out aliens! NO we should do it for them, prove we are decent law abiding people and an asset to Thailand, not some low life pretending to be qualified at something by virtue of the langugae they speak ! Abusing the hospitality of the nation they are in. Its not unreasonzble to simply ask or expect people to follow the leagal requirements.
If people have families etc and are not legal then they are being even more irresponsible! And I genuinely feel sorry for those families being placed in that situation, but they know why and know who's fault that is......there own, that is undeniable.

Dont bleat and moan at a system just because YOU chose to avoid it and are being corrected for it.
  • Like 1

Maybe first we should put a bounty out on anyone who engages in prostitution - that's illegal.  I mean, as soon as we get rid of all the perverts and abusers who have ever spent time with a bargirl, the better Thailand will be for the rest of us.  Do you agree, OP?

I'm sure you'd consider that 'completely different', for some mysterious reason.

Good idea.

Try to pay attention CM. For starters I am not from the USA, nor have I ever worked in a Bank..... another nice little veiled insult. My status is well known on the forum by people who read posts, not just post posts, Theres plenty of people on the forum who have communicated and interacted with me on the forum for the best part of a decade. Some of them have met me. I am not announcing anything that is not already known here.

I don't espouse anything and am certainly not anti farang. Have you not noticed that so e of my closest allies on the forum are farangs, legal farangs. Perhaps you are too busy admiring yourself to notice anyone else.

Keep going though your attempts are amusing, yet pathetic at the same time.

It would be very difficult for anyone to work In either field I worked throughout the decades I worked in them without being educated, actually impossible.

It's sad that you feel so threatened by this comical bounty hunter idea.

If only it were reality. Good evening. wink.png

...stop. we've had this discussion.  It's too aggressive and out of line to appoint yourself a policing agent without actual authority.  Enjoy your time in Australia, and stop trying to feel powerful by judging everyone by their visa status, please.