Should Thailand Put A Bounty On Overstayers/Illegal Workers?

ATF

thailands bounty hunters,

mind you there are loads of ex SAS and the like

Don't worry Jake we aren't after the pig, fish and other farmers. They provide a valuable service to the Thai Economy. Sleep easy.

• Like 1

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahh.. How easy life would be if there were only good people and bad people..
Although i can't deny the OP having a point, i guess there are unlimited shades of grey between black and white.

But it is easy. Everybody's good, you see, and lovable for their goodness. Kumbaya! The OP's proposal boils down to a simple matter of good, lovable bounty hunters helping the good, lovable overstayers/illegal workers get into compliance with Thai law--and collecting a bounty for so helping. The law seems pretty clear, and it's the job of Immigration to determine any legal shades of grey.

Fair enough... Couple of years ago i helped my neighbour to bury her dead dog. (quite a big dog )

I was not afraid of breaking the law at that time.

Perhaps i should repent, and consider that, in a near future, there might be some wannabe police in shorts and chang singlet spying on me.

Only if a lot of violence can be used else the job is no fun. And for those of us who want to do this an SS style uniform would be a good reflection of what we are doing. Actually NSB style uniform would be better. They were the Dutch that cooperated with the Germans in WW 2. 

We'll be needing our own theme music, too.... tongue.png

• Like 1

Would said bounty hunters get a yellow hummer to drive around in?

Only if they are ladyboys smile.png

I'd love to see you say that to McInnes' face smile.png . Not saying I admire the guy (I don't), but he does know how to hurt a chap.

Yep, his Hummer hurts my eyes

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Should Thailand Put A Bounty...

...on people like you? my answer is yes! bah.gif

That's particularly nasty Mr Naam, afterall, if all the illegal and blatant wrongdoers were dealt with quickly, the situation for people doing the correct things would only improve.

You are being nasty, take your medication and have a sleep.

Who would you include?

Those owning or controlling property by business or proxy?

Those working without a WP?

Those with a WP but working in a different place or breaking the job description?

Those here on the wrong VISA or extension?

Those working online?

I'm sure I could fit most foreigners into one of those categories, maybe we should just get rid of all foreigners in Thailand, but wait a minute, the Junta are already travelling down that road. Maybe just not bother with anyone.

• Like 2

I was just about to have lunch. I think I'll wait a bit

And forget about the Bounty for desert, I hear they are hard to find these days.
The dark chocolate ones were the best, but even more hard to find.

I normally buy Bounty at Duty Free , the big box. Love them :-)

Box? Bounty Rum comes in 40 once bottles.

That's particularly nasty Mr Naam, afterall, if all the illegal and blatant wrongdoers were dealt with quickly, the situation for people doing the correct things would only improve.

Who would you include?

Those with a WP but working in a different place or breaking the job description?

Those working online?

I'm sure I could fit most foreigners into one of those categories, maybe we should just get rid of all foreigners in Thailand, but wait a minute, the Junta are already travelling down that road. Maybe just not bother with anyone.

You've missed the point (as have a few others). The Bounty Hunter division, or Foreign Removals (if I can borrow the term just for this post) will comprise ONLY of select individuals that a certain group of TV members ONLY will select. It will be an elite club, like motosy taxi drivers and RTP officers.

Anyone not in the club and having no close friends in the club, is fair game.

(I'm in, eh fellahs?)

[quote name="Seastallion" post="8237889" timestamp="1407919586"]

[quote name="AnotherOneAmerican" post="8237867" timestamp="1407919243"]

[quote name="neverdie" post="8235923" timestamp="1407891028"]

[quote name="Naam" post="8235884" timestamp="1407890011"]
 [quote]
  Should Thailand Put A Bounty...[/quote]...on people like you? my answer is yes! bah.gif[/quote]

[/quote]

Who would you include?
Those working online?

[/quote]
You've missed the point (as have a few others). The Bounty Hunter division, or Foreign Removals (if I can borrow the term just for this post) will comprise ONLY of select individuals that a certain group of TV members ONLY will select. It will be an elite club, like motosy taxi drivers and RTP officers.

(I'm in, eh fellahs?)[/quote]

????????????????????

Who would you include?

Those working online?

yes we should be careful  what we wish for,,,,

(I'm in, eh fellahs?)

We will firstly request that George makes this proposal at his next meeting with the Chief of Immigration.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Absolutely.

If farang low life and law breakers were weeded out quickly, then things could possibly improve for the decent folk in the future.

I'd gladly help with the project. It would be like a sport of types. Good stuff.

<yawn>  I couldn't even click to page 2.  

@Neva-remember could you physically work the project from anyplace other than your desk?   Seems a serious waste of precious time when one reads your profile.  Perhaps a recruiter.    

Generally speaking, the ability to do this at a grassroots level..., forget it.  Requires government intervention at some stage in any such effort.   Wanting to expose or promote oneself in such a capacity..., dangerous, if not foolhardy..., unless you've worked in a similar capacity in the past and no the ropes of staying under the radar.   Funding those who are qualified?   Remunerated after a successful snare?   Good luck finding candidates there too, especially if they're not familiar with the area.

Why do I rarely see any inference of Sabai Sabai in these posts?   Seems so many are seriously unhappy with the state of affairs in LoS that it makes one wonder why they stay.       

thailands bounty hunters,
mind you there are loads of ex SAS and the like

Don't worry Jake we aren't after the pig, fish and other farmers. They provide a valuable service to the Thai Economy. Sleep easy.

Yes but foreigners still aren't allowed to engage in it, are they?

Only yesterday, PJ complained about people giving him stick about what he DOES do on that farm. I've read any number of posts where he's admitted to slopping out pig crap.

Don't care what anyone says - THAT'S WORKING . . . in a restricted profession.

Oh and what do you mean "WE aren't after the pig . . . . ."? 

Are you Thai? 

Oh yeah sorry I forgot these dazzling gems from your past . . .

I am proud of the contribution I made to Thailand and am proud to accepted as a Thai. Something you couldn't imagine in your wildest dreams.

Since I have lived over half my life in this Country speak Thai better than most Thais that haven't a University education, can cook just about any Thai dish better than a Thai and play golf and other activities with senior members of the establishment and entertainment industry.

I don't know how many times you have to be told but being over 50 and able to qualify for a retirement visa is NOT an achievement and length of stay doesn't mean a damn thing to immigration.

When you're done, you're done regardless of who you play mini golf with.

Yes but foreigners still aren't allowed to engage in it, are they?

Only yesterday, PJ complained about people giving him stick about what he DOES do on that farm. I've read any number of posts where he's admitted to slopping out pig crap.

Don't care what anyone says - THAT'S WORKING . . . in a restricted profession.

Oh and what do you mean "WE aren't after the pig . . . . ."? 

Are you Thai? 

Oh yeah sorry I forgot these dazzling gems from your past . . .

I am proud of the contribution I made to Thailand and am proud to accepted as a Thai. Something you couldn't imagine in your wildest dreams.

Since I have lived over half my life in this Country speak Thai better than most Thais that haven't a University education, can cook just about any Thai dish better than a Thai and play golf and other activities with senior members of the establishment and entertainment industry.

I don't know how many times you have to be told but being over 50 and able to qualify for a retirement visa is NOT an achievement and length of stay doesn't mean a damn thing to immigration.

When you're done, you're done regardless of who you play mini golf with.

Glad to see you Cypress. Thanks for the input. It won't be long before you are dragged kicking, screaming and crying into a Paddy Wagon.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Glad to see you Cypress. Thanks for the input. It won't be long before you are dragged kicking, screaming and crying into a Paddy Wagon.

Awww sorry, buddy.

I 'll be calling MYSELF Thai before that happens laugh.png

Absolutely yes. 

However, first the farang hunters will need designer regalia and uniforms for their regiments of farangs patrolling the streets hunting farangs. They'll need badges too (really scary & cool badges), and pepper spray, and tasers.

... and jackboots.... insignia.

Then tourist police are halfway already, I guess they would be too happy to continue the journeywink.png

I really do not like people like you that think like this.  They have no regard for fellow country man and if i started a post like this i would be deeply ashamed.  

You remind me of that falang tourist police recently that treated a friend of mine really shitty and have him very hard time then helped to have him deported.  He was not a real bad guy, just did not take care of his passport.  Then one year later it turns out the same guy was selling drugs to people and totally abusing his power, now he is in jail - thank god!  

YOU remind me of him and good luck, your day will dawn.

I know a handful of foreigners teaching in Thailand and/or doing freelance modeling/advertising work. I could easily turn in them to the authorities and gleefully pocket my reward while the arrestees rot in a Thai prison. But I won't, because I'm not a loathsome rat and snitch like ATF.

These people are trying diligently to make a living, support the local economy, and don't harm anyone in the process. It seems that the only ones endlessly complaining about overstayers and illegal workers are those unemployed and unemployable foreigners who are trying in vain to colonise Thailand as their personal fiefdom.

• Like 2