Kit Homes In Isaan ?

Sploosh66

Hello to you all. Can anyone guide me or give me information regarding kit homes in Isaan area, Cheng Yuen?

My wife and I have some land and want to either build our own home or have a Kit Home supplied.

Any information on Suppliers with plans and styles would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Hi,

After reading a lot of disaster stories about foreigners building their house, below my story.

I have just completed building my house nearby Nakhon Phanom. This is a large house, living room, 3 bedrooms, kitchen, 2 bathrooms with a total indoor area of 196 square meters + 32 square meters outdoor (porch). with 20 cm thick wall 3 meter high ceiling, PVC windows and wooden blinds, wooden doors, tiled roof, ceramic floors, plastering and painting etc. The piece of land is 600 square meters and we lifted the land a bit over 1 meter. The construction style is with posts each 4 meters carrying the roof and walls filled in later.

I was away most of the time as i work in Beijing and the house was build by the husband of my wife's sister, who works as construction worker / supervisor.

My findings:

The land + house has cost me close to 2.5 million bath to build.

The cost is quite easy to control as I checked the prices (in shops and in forums and blogs) and added the labor cost.

The quality of the work is very good as the people working have the skills and experience and had price in the work they did.

if you are looking for a good builder, I can recommend this guy. He is going back to work on condo construction around BKK soon.

If you need more info or pictures, my email is < Email removed, use PM function >

Williampost-218148-0-68726800-1408169635_thumb.post-218148-0-40864100-1408169638_thumb.post-218148-0-41365000-1408169639_thumb.

Edited by metisdead
18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a

William Smits: Nice sandstone facing and I admire your sensible roof design. I was curious as to what looks like white rain gutter down spouts. Were the rain gutters not complete in the photos or was a different from traditional rain gutters with downspouts. Thanks in advance.

About the rain gutters, the original plan was not to have gutters and do much more concreting around the house. Seeing the amounts of water and amount of soil washing away, I changed my mind and we have installed gutters last month. At the front there is no pipe going down as we did not figure out where to fix it nicely, and there will be a concrete driveway underneath anyway. The family likes concreting all around, but I try to have a narrow track around the house and keep more space for planting.

Hi,

After reading a lot of disaster stories about foreigners building their house, below my story.

I have just completed building my house nearby Nakhon Phanom. This is a large house, living room, 3 bedrooms, kitchen, 2 bathrooms with a total indoor area of 196 square meters + 32 square meters outdoor (porch). with 20 cm thick wall 3 meter high ceiling, PVC windows and wooden blinds, wooden doors, tiled roof, ceramic floors, plastering and painting etc. The piece of land is 600 square meters and we lifted the land a bit over 1 meter. The construction style is with posts each 4 meters carrying the roof and walls filled in later.

I was away most of the time as i work in Beijing and the house was build by the husband of my wife's sister, who works as construction worker / supervisor.

My findings:

The cost is quite easy to control as I checked the prices (in shops and in forums and blogs) and added the labor cost.

The quality of the work is very good as the people working have the skills and experience and had price in the work they did.

if you are looking for a good builder, I can recommend this guy. He is going back to work on condo construction around BKK soon.

If you need more info or pictures, my email is < Email removed, use PM function >

Williamattachicon.gif20140816_085402.jpgattachicon.gif2014-08-10 12.42.43.jpgattachicon.gif20140806_085909.jpg

What has this got to do with kit homes?

Btw, nice pics, I see the family have moved in and set up residence from the first one. biggrin.png

Only joking. Kit homes, knock down homes, prefab homes etc. are ones that are prebuilt and and put together on the land, they can be taken apart and moved. They can be owned by Westerners 100% (the same like standard homes, but without a lot of the legal difficulty).

With them you can rent land for 30 years.

Buy a kit home, knock down home, prefab home, or whatever you call them. It is 100% in your name.

The company comes and puts it together on the land. This is your home that you own in your name.

If you ever want to move for whatever reason, you pay them to dismantle it and move it to another piece of land.

It takes a lot of ownership issues and problems out of the equation.

Edited by Deacon Bell

Hi,

My findings:

Williamattachicon.gif20140816_085402.jpgattachicon.gif2014-08-10 12.42.43.jpgattachicon.gif20140806_085909.jpg

Btw, nice pics, I see the family have moved in and set up residence from the first one. biggrin.png

Only joking. Kit homes, knock down homes, prefab homes etc. are ones that are prebuilt and and put together on the land, they can be taken apart and moved. They can be owned by Westerners 100% (the same like standard homes, but without a lot of the legal difficulty).

Buy a kit home, knock down home, prefab home, or whatever you call them. It is 100% in your name.

The company comes and puts it together on the land. This is your home that you own in your name.

If you ever want to move for whatever reason, you pay them to dismantle it and move it to another piece of land.

That assumes the company is still in business or sticks to past agreements. Other than that, sounds good.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi,

My findings:

That assumes the company is still in business or sticks to past agreements. Other than that, sounds good.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thank you all for the feedback regarding this topic. Great pics from William, many ideas, thanks.

@ Deacon Bell, do you have a contact or details for this pre fab/kit builder?

Thank you>

http://www.thailannahome.com/

http://www.woodmoodexperience.com/

http://www.prizeofwood.com/POWI_2011/product_category.php?group=7

http://modelathailand.com/

http://www.thaweephan-prefab.com/#

http://www.orestone.co/eng/buying.html

http://www.cvs-thailand.com/house/index.html

Contact this poster who had a concrete prefab house put together in 60 days.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/710315-modular-kits-homes/?p=7556764

The company he used:

http://www.plprecasthouse.com/index.php?page=aboutus&language=en

He said: they are based in hua hin,but truck them all around Thailand,can do multiple houses in a short time frame if building a resort,also they can be dismantled in 3 or 4 days if you want

to move.......or divorce the wife!!

I had 2 kit homes in thailand
Loved them
If you are prepared to import I can help ,,,,**** e-mail removed, use PM function to contact ****

Edited by metisdead
17) Do not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures.

I had 2 kit homes in thailand

Loved them

If you are prepared to import I can help ,,,,**** e-mail removed, use PM function to contact ****

Did you import them?

Either import or local, about what cost did you pay for how many sqm?

What was the name of the company?

I'm not currently looking, but it's something I like to keep up to date on, thanks.

OP - try the term - modular ... pre-manufactured. There use to be a company that did this in the Pattaya area...

Also - there is someone down here in Ao Nang putting together rental bungalows using shipping containers ... which are available for purchase in Thailand -- I have seen storage yards full of them in Bang Plii ...

I have photos of the Ao Nang container units - in early stage of setup ... will post photos if you wish to see OP...

OP - try the term - modular ... pre-manufactured. There use to be a company that did this in the Pattaya area...

Also - there is someone down here in Ao Nang putting together rental bungalows using shipping containers ... which are available for purchase in Thailand -- I have seen storage yards full of them in Bang Plii ...

I have photos of the Ao Nang container units - in early stage of setup ... will post photos if you wish to see OP...

Container homes can actually be very well done.

I think a container goes for around 100k+. Could be more by now.

A problem with Thailand though is the heat, you'd have to do some work so it isn't a giant metal cooker.

Some container homes:

shipping%20container%20house%20archdaily

container%20home.jpg

bejamin%20garcia%20saxe%20shipping.JPG

This design isn't for me, but... outside:

lot%20container%20home.jpg

Inside:

lot%20shipping%20container.jpg

Some small redbrick walls inside to separate the rooms would be a good addition.

manifesto%20house.JPG

In the process of being built:

container%20home%2034.JPG

Edited by Deacon Bell

If I was considering a kit home, I would also seriously consider a container home like the last pic above.

Cut out 90% of the metal walls and have darkened glass windows/doors the whole way along. A wooden deck area between them under the roof for dining. The single one on the left as a kitchen and store room. Bottom right one as a living room with study and bathroom. Upstairs as a main bedroom and other small room.

With it set up like that with almost all glass as the walls, in the middle of a field in the mountains I think it would be lovely.

Also highly moveable and 100% in your name. smile.png Which is one of the main advantages of kit homes here.

This one cost A$45k in Australia. About 1.3m baht. 2 x 20 ft containers, 2 x 40 ft containers.

http://shippingcontainerhomesaustralia.com.au/modern-container-home/

Edited by Deacon Bell

Sorry to go on about container homes when the thread is about kit homes. biggrin.png But I think the reasons for interest are the same - ownership, ease of being able to move them away if need be, less worry about building quality etc.

Another option would be to have them raised.

container-home-1.jpg

3 next to each other with a large area underneath, that could have redbrick walls put in would also be an option.

I bet that this would be a cheap and easy version. Build a standard kitchen and bathroom underneath, then a big sitting area next to it under them. Upstairs the containers turned into mostly glass bedrooms and living room.

Little bit of info of buying and living in them here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/470436-want-to-buy-shipping-container/

About 100k+ for a 40 ft container.

Edited by Deacon Bell

• 10 months later...

I just bought (via the Thai wife) a large section of river front land as a long term investment. Real nice and peaceful but no electricity. The wife wanted a small kit-home just for storage of fishing equipment, toilet, shower, etc.

Rather than doing this, I demolished an abandoned shack that was being used many years ago as a stable leaving the cement floor and the uprights and designed/built a small house. The structure is at the top of a hill where it catches the breeze (no electricity = no fans) and the walls on 3 sides all open up. They are made of bamboo raratan material over a light metal frame built off-site. On the left hand side is a small kitchen; toilet/shower in the back.(with water from a well) and the 2 thingmejigs in front are seats. Total cost was around THB 45,000 for the whole construction including materials and labor.

image4.jpg