Thai Post warns customers to be aware of online fraud in e-commerce businesses

webfact

Thai Post warns customers to be aware of online fraud in e-commerce businesses

BANGKOK, 13 August 2014 (NNT) - Online customers are advised to be very careful whenever they purchase products from untrusted e-commerce vendors.

Thailand Post Managing Director Anusara Jitmitraparb has stated that as online businesses have been on the rise, the number of fraudulent activities online also increases.

In the first half of this year, 30 e-commerce vendors were found guilty cheating off their customers by not delivering the intended product(s) after a customer has made a purchase.

There has also been another case where the vendor delivered a product that was completely different from what the customer had ordered.

Police are now working with the Thai Post to prevent such dishonest practices and bring the vendors to justice. The postal company is also enforcing more stringent measures to check the packaging of all products that will be delivered via the post

Customers are encouraged to call the hotline 1545 or write an e-mail to [email protected], should they encounter any problems.

[nnt]2014-08-13[/nnt]

Don't get me wrong but I have a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG list of merchandise which never got delivered by the postal authorities and the shippers could all prove that they sent the stuff in Europe, USA or Australia. 
My guess is that the stuff disappears in the maze of what is called "Thailand Post". Understaffed, impolite and sometimes rude. So do not blame the crooks of slime vendors (I am sure there are such fellows) but I would have to pinpoint the postal authorities rather than crooked vendors ;-) 

Yes - a pretty sick joke that the M.D. of Thailand Post is warning about online fraud when his very own enterprise is probably the biggest cause of postal non-delivery in Thailand!

Outright theft of parcels and mail is commonplace and condoned and even the provable forging of recipients signatures by the postman carries no consequences in this corrupt organisation - and yes, my family and I have personal experiences of this.

I wonder just what value the "complaints hotline" will be when the local Thailand Post Provincial Manager refuses to take any disciplinary action against his employees as in our case?

• Like 2

We ordered a set of beds  sheets online and upon washing them for the first time the mickey mouse pattern fadded to almost nothing. When we contacted the online seller he asked "what do you want for a 1000 bahts"

So what? It's easy to buy low quality rubbish here. Garbage which wouldn't anybody sell in a western country. Like such pillows for 250 Baht which after 2 weeks are flat like a pancake.

Many items looks cheap here, compare to our home country. But if someone looks for quality products, he have to pay a higher price then back home.

In the first half of this year, 30 e-commerce vendors were found guilty cheating off their customers by not delivering the intended product(s) after a customer has made a purchase.

That must be a new phenomenon, because it used to be so that if people from overseas ordered from Thai based websites, the post employees were running off with the ordered gear, instead of sending it abroad.

In the last 15 years that I have lived in Thailand I have never had a package lost or mislaid by Thai Post. EMS service is excellent, usually they manage 4 to 5 delivery to the UK from here.

DHL on the other hand are a complete waste of space, never had a package arrive from them without having to chase it for several days.

• Like 1

The biggest perpetrators of commercial fraud are .... Thai Post.

Their managing director Khun Anusara is a massive hypocrite and bell end if he won't acknowledge and deal with his company's widespread theft of mail.

Normal mail from abroad never arrives per definition. My friends have sent several letters, which never have arrived in the past 5 years!

Sending an ems letter abroad costs me minimal 900 BHT.

....sadly ...I once had a dear associate in the U.K......who was afflicted with cancer.....

...I had sent him a book....'The Cure To All Cancers' .......registered mail..... it never arrived......we waited for several months for it to 'turn up'...it never did

...to think...but for someone's indifference ...........or incompetence......or greed........it might have made a difference.......

....even my action....in fact...... was put in question....

...(in memory of Bobby Garrow).......with God as my witness....I did send the book....

We ordered a set of beds  sheets online and upon washing them for the first time the mickey mouse pattern fadded to almost nothing. When we contacted the online seller he asked "what do you want for a 1000 bahts"

Which is a fair question imho...

• Like 2

Perhaps you should have answered "Long time" biggrin.png

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong but I have a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG list of merchandise which never got delivered by the postal authorities and the shippers could all prove that they sent the stuff in Europe, USA or Australia. 
My guess is that the stuff disappears in the maze of what is called "Thailand Post". Understaffed, impolite and sometimes rude. So do not blame the crooks of slime vendors (I am sure there are such fellows) but I would have to pinpoint the postal authorities rather than crooked vendors ;-) 

I have received literally $10's of thousands of merchandise from both Europe and (mostly) the US through arriving Thai Post..  I ALWAYS use Post if i can.  I have never lost anything, and have never had anything but the gold standard from Thai Post.  The folks in my local post office (Bangkrathum) are just great.  Wonderful service and always treat me really well.  I hear similar reports from my farang friends living in the sticks.

I suspect that all these post problems I here about are occurring in crime-ridden places like Pattaya, Phuket and BKK.  Any upcountry folks had any of these problems?

Perhaps you should have answered "Long time" biggrin.png

Wow, those sheets sound pretty Mickey Mouse.

I have received literally $10's of thousands of merchandise from both Europe and (mostly) the US through arriving Thai Post..  I ALWAYS use Post if i can.  I have never lost anything, and have never had anything but the gold standard from Thai Post.  The folks in my local post office (Bangkrathum) are just great.  Wonderful service and always treat me really well.  I hear similar reports from my farang friends living in the sticks.

I suspect that all these post problems I here about are occurring in crime-ridden places like Pattaya, Phuket and BKK.  Any upcountry folks had any of these problems?

I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken if you believe that postal crime is limited to the places you mention.

I live very much "up country" in Sisaket and have frequently suffered from the thieving activities of Thailand Post employees - as far as "crime ridden places" go, there is only one and it's called Thailand.