paying overstay for a just a few days

hello i have a flight booked out of Bangkok on the 20th, my visa ends on the 18th

what with all the new changes, clampdown and paranoia that's going with it i've been looking to see if this is now a "very serious" offence..

i can't find anything online so i'm on here asking..

so, will it be 1000 baht and 1 thumbscrew per day?

should i wear my bicycle clips just in case? 

hello i have a flight booked out of Bangkok on the 20th, my visa ends on the 18th

what with all the new changes, clampdown and paranoia that's going with it i've been looking to see if this is now a "very serious" offence..

Is not that you can't find, is that you haven't even searched. wink.png

It is not serious except that triggers high blood pressure in some members.

Pay the fine or get a 7-days extension at any immigration office for Bt. 1,900.

Edited by paz

i've booked this flight today, i do not want to go back but i have to (new passport).. flights on the 18th are a lot more expensive in comparrison with the 20th, i've only overstayed once (1993) before.. before booking i saw they are banning people for overstaying  for 90 days upwards so i didn't think 2 days would make much of a difference... i can still change my flight. 

Is tnot hat you can't find, is that you haven't even searched.

It is not serious except that triggers high blood pressure in some members.

Pay the fine or get a 7-days extension at any immigration office for Bt. 1,900.

do i have to get my extension the day my current one expires ( on Monday? or can i get it before?

thank you :)

Overstay will cost you 1000 or 2000 baht and some stress while being in overstay. An extension will cost you 1900 baht, taxi costs and a lot of time at the immigration office. Depending the difference in price for flying on the 18th compared with the 20th you decide.

If you decide to get an extension, please let us know how much time you did spend at the office to get it.

I am going to Thailand in December for 42 days and still have to decide to get a 60 day tourist visa in the Netherlands or getting an extension in Thailand. I understood is possible to extend a visa exempt of 30 days with another 30 days. Visiting the Thai consulate will cost me a whole day off to go to Amsterdam. But If the extension also will cost me a whole day waiting in a queue the trip to Amsterdam is more appealing for me.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Don't overstay!  Just go to immigration and get an extension. No reason to break the law and take a chance on any form of punishment.  

Further, the OP mentioned he/had an earlier overstay, and the gov't / immigration authority is obviously getting much more serious about this subject.

You can't remove the old overstay already recorded, but If you intend to come back to Thailand again why have 2 overstays on record.