CTH - I want to pay but............

emilymat

I am at a loss, so I have to turn to colleagues on here to see if I can get direction, or advice.

Earlier this year I changed from TrueVision to CTH when it became clear that the EPL was available on CTH and not True.

I went to an office in Pattaya Thai and signed up and they installed it the same day. (Pretty easy as they just used my defunct True cable into the house and installed the dish.

I paid a deposit and contracted to pay monthly - assuming I would get a postal bill as I used to with True. I have taken the original contract to Bangkok Bank to see if they can fix up payment, but they say ther is insufficient information on it.

After about two months - no bill. I went back to Pattaya Thai office and the just shrugged their shoulders and gave me a hotline to phone. I did this and -eventually - someone told me they were having a lot of problems with their accounts.

Ok I thought. I then moved house and went to Pattaya Thai again and they came and moved my dish to my new house, about five months ago. I paid, I think about 2000 baht to the installers.

Assuming they now knew my new address I awaited a bill. None has ever come and I just cannot get any sense out of the shop or help line.

It's frustrating wanting to pay but unable to do so. Every day I expect them to come round and take the dish and box away!

Anyone else had problems like this?. I really would be grateful to know and, more importantly, what I can actually do. I don't like being in debt like this.

Thanks people.

Had exactly the same problem last year. Took about 4 months before I started getting a regular bill, then in March I cancelled as I found I wasn't using it very much. Since then I have been trying to get my deposit back and ironically, although cancelled I now get a bill from them every month, regular as clockwork!! I call very time I get a bill and they assure me they will sort it out but never do.

I really wouldn't worry about it, hardly anyone gets a bill. I've just started getting one after a year and even then it was wrong.

You come across as like a modern day Mary Poppins, 'I don't like being in debt like this' ooohhhh, you bad ass you...chill, and let's hope the football is good this weekend, it seems to have been a long time coming.

Edited by Pattaya Pat

I really wouldn't worry about it, hardly anyone gets a bill. I've just started getting one after a year and even then it was wrong.

You come across as like a modern day Mary Poppins, 'I don't like being in debt like this' ooohhhh, you bad ass you...chill, and let's hope the football is good this weekend, it seems to have been a long time coming.

Thanks Pat!

Mary Poppins indeed!

Anyway, I'll be watching the cricket test match this weekend. Football can wait

cheers

• Like 1

I have had similar problems. I pay for 1 year in advance save's 2 month's payments? I now pay 10,699bt 12 months.

But this year my local cable company wouldn't take the cash for that only for 1 month at a time, so had to get my account No: from them and forward it to CTH then pay via the BKK bank. I found them very helpful once I got through on 023283456 and not 1619. But I did have to fax 'who uses fax now' them copies of Bank transaction and my ID Number after the completion of same. I then got a phone call from them saying thanks a bunch I'm all go for the next year. I haven't had a receipt from them don't expect one, but have all the originals.

The company that installed your set up in the first place will have your account No: they more than likely cant be bothered to look it up.

• Like 1

As you probably know, I have CTH at my bar.

We had a huge problem getting re-connected as the previous owner hadn't paid the bill for about 6 months.

Now we pay every month but never receive a bill.

We go to Bangkok bank every month and pay for a transfer to CTH's account , putting our full details(contract no. etc) on the bank payment slip.

For the first 2 months we sent CTH a fax which showed the details of our payment, but they have now told us we no longer need to fax the details as they can now see when we pay.

We still have not received any bill.

I have spoken to at least 4 people in my bar who, like the OP, have never received a bill and have never paid after the first month, and none of them have been cut off.

They are all quite happy with this arrangement, which may be OK, but if CTH ever get their accounting sorted, they will surely cut them off and it will be huge hassle, (as we had), to get reconnected.

As they say here... 'Up to You.....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...