Thai govt official claims Apple has received approval to sell 'iPhone 6'

webfact

Thailand government official claims Apple has received approval to sell 'iPhone 6'
By AppleInsider Staff

Thailand's National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission has approved two new Apple handsets — said to be variants of the so-called "iPhone 6" — for sale in the country, the regulator's secretary general revealed on Wendesday, suggesting that Thailand could join the list of launch countries for the next-generation devices.

The new phones sport model identifiers A1586 and A1524, according to Thai broadsheet Manager Daily. Apple is said to have submitted the applications on Aug. 5 and received approval on Aug. 8.

Such an early filing date could indicate that Apple plans to expand the scope of the initial launch of an "iPhone 6." The company did not seek approval for the iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s in Thailand until Sept. 25 of last year, and the handsets eventually began shipping in the Southeast Asian nation on Oct. 25.

Full story: http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/08/13/thailand-government-official-claims-apple-has-received-approval-to-sell-iphone-6

-- appleinsider 2014-08-14

good for all the hi-so's so they can spend another 25k baht on their newest must-have

Know what you mean there.

The wife's got a 2 year old Samsung Note and was playing with an I Phone 5 in a mall the other day, the Note was still way better in every department like browsing and ease of usage.

Why keep throwing money away when the new stuff isn't markedly better? Just my take on it yet I'm sure millions will still rush out to buy one.

good for all the hi-so's so they can spend another 25k baht on their newest must-have

The wife's got a 2 year old Samsung Note and was playing with an I Phone 5 in a mall the other day, the Note was still way better in every department like browsing and ease of usage.

Why keep throwing money away when the new stuff isn't markedly better? Just my take on it yet I'm sure millions will still rush out to buy one.

It is all about the "name" not whether it is good or good value. Bling rules!

• Like 1

All about having the latest, or most expensive or best brand or whatever. 

Face is just so important - must show I have wealth and am important. Even Thai kids are the same. 

The Govt official should not get too excited.

All this means is Apple are making the usual market entry preparations - probably in lots of countries.

The countries that will get the iPhone 6 first will be the important markets (eg US) and highest-margin markets (eg Japan).

Thailand will be a bit lower on the pecking order.