Thai Driving Signals

1BADDAT

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flashing Headlights is good to keep from running down bikes that think they can u-turn without giving the right of way to oncoming traffic.

Flashers to warn you is not a bad thing.

Headlights unless it's pitch black outside is a strange one - maybe they think they are saving energy?

Missing brake lights - endemic and not apparently on high list of priorities of authorities - although very dangerous.

Unfortunately I have found that they often do not use their indicators at all - if they did it would be at least a warning that they were going to do something rolleyes.gif

This is completely opposite to what I have observed. It seems that this is the only rule they religiously abide by.

Where in the world do they use signals more than here?

• Like 1

I'd like to know the indicater signals of trucks when following them on the highways.

I think the outside indicator means it is ok to overtake - except when they are turning right..........

Ant the inside indicator means not safe to overtake - except............

smile.png

I'd like to know the indicater signals of trucks when following them on the highways.

I think the outside indicator means it is ok to overtake - except when they are turning right..........

smile.png

I think its the other way round

Right indicator means not safe to pass. Left indicator means all clear ahead. I wouldn't trust them though.

Sent from my V370 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

smile.png

I think its the other way round

Right indicator means not safe to pass. Left indicator means all clear ahead. I wouldn't trust them though.

Sent from my V370 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I haven't noticed this signaling yet. Normally they just move closer to the shoulder if it is clear to pass.

What really cracks me up is the use of the turn signal to indicate a lane change. That is a good one.

In civilised countries that's what you learn to do. Maybe you missed that.Or do you prefer them to just swerve out into your path as one guy did to me today?

It's 'manoeuvre, mirror, signal' here.

Flashing headlights means 'get out of my way or we both die, dog'.

I specifically meant when they are passing you. I find this odd.

What really cracks me up is the use of the turn signal to indicate a lane change. That is a good one.

In civilised countries that's what you learn to do. Maybe you missed that.Or do you prefer them to just swerve out into your path as one guy did to me today?

It's 'manoeuvre, mirror, signal' here.

Flashing headlights means 'get out of my way or we both die, dog'.

I specifically meant when they are passing you. I find this odd.

Same as in continental Europe:

Wake up, you old geezer driving like a snail - I am overtaking, do not even think about changing the lane!

I really don't care about cars. Motorbikes without rear lights and sometimes both, rear and front are VERY dangerous!

I must add that trucks and buses are also very dangerous also as they don't respect anything.

I seen allot of them who pass on bridge, passing WITHOUT looking if someone comes from opposite direction and most of the time driving at the right lane while doing 100 km/hr.

They drive just like they did 100 years before with their buffalo's...when there were no llights, no indicators, no difference between left or right side...

A lot of education to do here again too.coffee1.gif

Actually this is a bit of a misconception - Thai driving is based on BOATS - river transport.

I have noticed while driving on the motorways here, that the use of the indicator to change lanes, means only one thing, get out of the way, I'm coming whether you like it or not, otherwise they don't indicate, they just drift in and out of lanes like there are no line markings at all.

I had a guy in a Merc yakking on his phone do it to me the other day, he was right beside me, just turned on his indicator and started moving over, they don't even bother to look before they do it. w00t.gif

Edited by Pungdo