THAI's cabin factor down to 70.2% in July

webfact

kee-nok falang...mmmmm don't know what that means but I imagine it might mean cheap travellers....does it say that in Thai terms and conditions??...and if my assumption is correct who are you to tell me my social class..I actually have done all right for myself but don't see why I need to pay out over the top fares for an inferior service than to what I receive from Etihad.......go ahead mate if you want to waste your money...I would prefer value for money anytime and maybe an extra month or two in Thailand to paying for an over priced air ticket with an inferior carrier.....

Mate, ignore him. Don't make his day.

Show some sympathy for TG, it has to gouge fare-paying passengers so it can afford to let the Staff enjoy free travel. Other carriers are also very generous to staff but TG goes over the top for not only the staff but the parents and other associated hanger-on types.

If you want to fly Thai then try a travel agent e.g. forum sponsor Save Flights. They will be much cheaper than the usually ridiculous prices shown on the Thai website. Same for Cathay Pacific. Last time I flew CP Save Flights were less than half the CP online price, plus I got upgraded at check-in. Other airlines such as PAL or Qantas generally show realistic online prices so why Thai and Cathay can't I have no idea but they must lose a lot of business because of it.

The other matter is when you compare other carriers and the amount of flights from all the different destinations say in UK...Thai is a very small player..

Etihad and Emirates go from multiple destinations in the UK and I think Thai just London....Are Thai govt owned?? i would imagine at the least subsidised

As an earlier post said..loose face plays a big part...A great service at a good price always wins for me and I suspect most other people..

Well, United, ANA and JAL don't have first class from Narita to Bangkok anymore so I have been flying on Thai for a few years now and am generally pleased with their service. It's many times better than United, also better than JAL but probably equal to ANA.

even on discount search engines Thais prices are over the top, no wonder people use other airlines . I dont even bother looking at Thai now

All I know is that I got a hell of a deal, on a Thai Airways ticket recently... Dropped by .$550.00, reason? Thais won't pay it anymore. worked out good for the wife, she got the whole shebang. But it is a loyalty, been doing business with these people for 30 years. She said the jet was almost empty. And yes both ways.wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

even on discount search engines Thais prices are over the top, no wonder people use other airlines . I dont even bother looking at Thai now

All I know is that I got a hell of a deal, on a Thai Airways ticket recently... Dropped by .$550.00, reason? Thais won't pay it anymore. worked out good for the wife, she got the whole shebang. But it is a loyalty, been doing business with these people for 30 years. She said the jet was almost empty. And yes both ways.wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

On which route was the ticket you purchased for?

How did you buy your ticket, online or through a traditional travel agent? It seems Thai has not embraced internet travel agencies yet, so I'm curious how you bought yours.

THAI also has a loose leaf book of promotions, if you go to a travel agent, or the airport itself, rather than just relying on the web

I speak from personal experience, as, they literally whip out a loose leaf book and scroll thru hundreds of offers

• Like 1

THAI also has a loose leaf book of promotions, if you go to a travel agent, or the airport itself, rather than just relying on the web

I speak from personal experience, as, they literally whip out a loose leaf book and scroll thru hundreds of offers

AFAIK these promotions are handed out to selected travel agents and not frequently advertised on the web.

• 3 weeks later...

Freight load factor in the month rose to 51.2 per cent, from 47.4 per cent last year.

More money in freight anyway thumbsup.gif

And on Thai service is same same cheesy.gif

Although if "flight schedules were adjusted in response to changing demand, resulting in a 5.4 per cent drop in the available seat-kilometre (ASK) from the same period last year" means that they have switched to smaller aircraft, as seems likely, then the same freight-volume would show up as being a higher percentage on a similarly-reduced hold-capacity.

It does make sense to cut capacity, while maintaining schedules, at times of low demand. Similarly capacity is normally boosted, when demand is higher, switching to larger aircraft or adding extra flights where possible. This is simply normal practice, isn't it ?

Low-demand time (for TG) is therefore a good time to schedule major-maintenance, or try to lease out aircraft to other airlines, who are busier during the European peak-summer-season.

I have no idea what their margins, costs etc are. However, can any business be satisfied or profitable when they are 48.8% empty/unsold?

• Like 1