Mazda CX-5 - Dealers and delivery dates Grrrrrrr....

Pdaz

The Mrs decided to buy a new Mazda CX-5.. Went to the dealer to make enquires. No prob 2-3 weeks delivery. Deposit paid...She checks on a trade in price for her CRV.. Not that special so advertises and sells it privately.. All good.. Then dealer calls to say it will be another couple of weeks this = grumpy Mrs as she's paying for a rental car.

Two weeks passes and they call to say cars have arrived but only in white (not the colour she ordered) Asked when "hers" will arrive. "Maybe end of next Month or the Month after"

So she calls around to find another Mazda dealer who can promise a car in the correct colour quicker.. She again waits for delivery until receiving a call saying (you guessed it) cars have arrived but only white..

Now the dealer is saying maybe two Months... <deleted> !

Anyhow she just called about 20 + dealers in central and the North East.. all pretty much the same answer.

What is the point in advertising a product you can't deliver on time. Or at best can't give reliable info regarding specs, colours available ?

I know this is common having listened to the tales of woe from friends ordering the Ford Ranger and a few other brands..

Anywhere else you'd take your money elsewhere but being as the car market is so narrow here with very little choice it seems she is stuck. Doesn't want another CRV. Doesn't want a Hyundai and not interested in Pick-up based SUV..

So much for "Detroit of the East..."

Seems Mazda Malaysia also has a huge backlog of orders for the same model..

End of rant... Luckily I have a car already and the Mrs can't drive manual :)

When I ordered my car (also Macda) I made the deal with the dealer that after 2 weeks too late I would get a rental from them, foc. Their delivery was 2,5 weeks late, so I used a car from them for 4 days.

She tried the XV but thought it gutless and small inside compared to her 2.4 CRV. It's too much like an estate car ( "station wagon" for some)

She'd prefer a larger format SUV but not a truck based one. Audi Q5 or Evoque is her favorite but 3 mil for secondhand isn't reasonable enough and Thais seem to have a resistance to secondhand even if it is a higher quality vehicle.

So in reality the mazda doesn't have much competition at the moment.. Unfortunately..

(Not interested in the new ford ecogimpmobile or whatever it's called)

Tried the one Sukky first. Then it was one in Rayong. She's called a dozen or more since then.

Looking for a 2.5 litre 2WD petrol in Silver. Only seem to have white or the nasty blue in stock.

Any info would be appreciated J. PM or post if your contacts pan out mate.

She tried the XV but thought it gutless and small inside compared to her 2.4 CRV. It's too much like an estate car ( "station wagon" for some)

She'd prefer a larger format SUV but not a truck based one. Audi Q5 or Evoque is her favorite but 3 mil for secondhand isn't reasonable enough and Thais seem to have a resistance to secondhand even if it is a higher quality vehicle.

So in reality the mazda doesn't have much competition at the moment.. Unfortunately..

(Not interested in the new ford ecogimpmobile or whatever it's called)

Thais love brand new. Good for face na! It's all about face and looking good to others here in LOS. 4 month ps in and I've learnt this.

Tried the one Sukky first. Then it was one in Rayong. She's called a dozen or more since then.

Looking for a 2.5 litre 2WD petrol in Silver. Only seem to have white or the nasty blue in stock.

Just had a reply to my email, 3 months before any of our BKK dealerships will have a 2.5 in silver.

Just had a reply to my email, 3 months before any of our BKK dealerships will have a 2.5 in silver.

I sent a reply email asking why 3 months, reply was because import from Malayasia and that will be the soonest any silver ones arrive in Thailand.

• 1 month later...

Well CX-5 finally arrived. 2.5 petrol, 2WD. So far very impressed. Engine is responsive, suspension much firmer than the bouncy CRV. Interior is more European in style and it has a proper handbrake. Seats are full sized and supportive, which is sometimes a problem in smaller Japanese cars for long legged lanky farangs. Even the switch gear is intuitive and simple. Bose stereo and 6 airbags is a nice addition too. Makes a change not to feel short changed when comparing Thai specs with Europe.

As for road noise it seems better than the CRV.

• Like 1

Haven't read anymore about it. Because my Mrs really only does short hops to work and shopping we chose the petrol model which doesn't seem to have any issues. There are plenty of a Mazda and specifically CX-5 forums on the net, I'm certain any problems with the diesel motor would be reported there.

When I ordered my car (also Macda) I made the deal with the dealer that after 2 weeks too late I would get a rental from them, foc. Their delivery was 2,5 weeks late, so I used a car from them for 4 days.

Did you get fries with that?

I've seen a couple of BMW X3's in the classifieds at good prices

Yep so had I. Looked at a couple plus some X1's. But even though As much as I'd prefer a BM or Audi SUV the new Mazda made more sense here. The BMWs were base models so sparse dated interior, low powered old tech engines and old design for more money.

I was close to buying a used Audi Q5 for just over 2mil. I prefer the European style, interior is good and I'm familiar with the powerplant. But the Mazda drives as well, is more economical and is just as powerful. It only looses out in that the Audi is seen as a premium brand.

In the UK I doubt I would have even have looked at the Mazda as a new Q5, used Porsche Cayenne/Q7 would have been available within our budget.

Thailand of course is a different matter.

Luckily my Mrs is happy with her purchase and I can save my cash for my next car.

Haven't read anymore about it. Because my Mrs really only does short hops to work and shopping we chose the petrol model which doesn't seem to have any issues. There are plenty of a Mazda and specifically CX-5 forums on the net, I'm certain any problems with the diesel motor would be reported there.

Thanks for the tip..;) Indeed it does appear to be an issue on the diesel..

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/backlash-over-mazda-cx5-diesel-oil-issues-20120821-24k6w.html