Farang Tantrum about 20 Baht Overcharge...

deknoiJT

"He studied his receipt with a frown, then holding it high up in the air, he started berating the shocked woman about how she had overcharged him! Not just any overcharge mind you, the criminal overcharge of 20 baht! The noodles he wanted were 35 baht and she was charging him 55 baht! "

Whether the amount was 20 Baht or 20 million Baht makes no difference at all as far as I can see. It's a matter of principle.

If the stall sells small noodles at 35B and large noodles at 55B, the sign should say so plainly. It's very simple to achieve and then there can be no possible dispute.

The food court in BigC on Sukumvit Pattaya shows dual prices for most items like this: Pork Noodles 35/55, thus making it quite clear that there are two sizes and two prices. Even my local street noodle stall does the same.

Edited by KittenKong

He paid for noodles with 'a card'? Difficult to believe. I can't even use my card in BigC if the sum is under ฿1000.- .

Three thousand two hundred and fourteen posts, and never been to a foodcourt in Thailand where you buy a prepaid card to purchase food.

I'm guessing you don't get out too much? whistling.gif

I'm not ashamed to say that I don't go into food courts, last time was two years ago. I forgot about the 'card' system, although the last time we went we got a piece of paper, not a card. Isn't it great to have someone to sneer at now and again?

"He studied his receipt with a frown, then holding it high up in the air, he started berating the shocked woman about how she had overcharged him! Not just any overcharge mind you, the criminal overcharge of 20 baht! The noodles he wanted were 35 baht and she was charging him 55 baht! "

Whether the amount was 20 Baht or 20 million Baht makes no difference at all as far as I can see. It's a matter of principle.

If the stall sells small noodles at 35B and large noodles at 55B, the sign should say so plainly. It's very simple to achieve and then there can be no possible dispute.

The food court in BigC on Sukumvit Pattaya shows dual prices for most items like this: Pork Noodles 35/55, thus making it quite clear that there are two sizes and two prices. Even my local street noodle stall does the same.

The sign clearly said the prices. It was the communication the gentleman displayed giving his instructions in English to someone who speaks Thai

After working in the service industry in various forms I believe every word. People are unbelievable and they don't realize the only thing they achieve by bickering about pocket change is making a fool out of themselves. Poor noodle lady anyhow!

• Like 1

After working in the service industry in various forms I believe every word. People are unbelievable and they don't realize the only thing they achieve by bickering about pocket change is making a fool out of themselves. Poor noodle lady anyhow!

Yes, some people get off by talking down to other people. I've always felt sorry for people I. the service industry, the way some people talk to them and act. SHOCKING.

I. surprised there's not more cases of people being bashed to death by waitress trays and the like.

• Like 1

Yes, some people get off by talking down to other people. I've always felt sorry for people I. the service industry, the way some people talk to them and act. SHOCKING.

I. surprised there's not more cases of people being bashed to death by waitress trays and the like.

Must admit ND I went postal once when I ordered a takeaway cheeseburger at McD's and there wasn't a burger inside just cheese.

• Like 1

surprised there's not more cases of people being bashed to death by waitress trays and the like.

They are smarter than that wink.png

Instead they like visine in your drink or "things" in your food as revenge wink.png

Tantrum guy better remember the ladies face as she will remember his if he eats there again wink.png

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Must admit ND I went postal once when I ordered a takeaway cheeseburger at McD's and there wasn't a burger inside just cheese.

Probably added 20 minutes more to your life expectancy......whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn ....use it wisely......

• Like 1

It was a cheeseburger, you just don't understand Thainess!

Funny you should say that, I was on the way from Bangkok to my workplace and asked the kitchen if they would leave a cheese and onion sandwich in the fridge for me. Got there was bloody starving, took a bite, hmm no cheese, lots of onion, took another bit still no cheese, opened the sandwich to find just onion. Hilarious.

• Like 1

Did they give you special sauce?

That's what Mania was talking about 2 or 3 posts above......some 'special sauce'. 5555555

Now get that I to ya. ;)

I have my doubts that a noodle vendor would except a debit card, Great story though.

you have obviously never visited a food court.

Stick to talking about what you know.

Read through all the posts before pretending you know everything. I already answered, and quite possibly rarely visiting a food court isn't a sign of ignorance .

I have my doubts that a noodle vendor would except a debit card, Great story though.

you have obviously never visited a food court.

Stick to talking about what you know.

Read through all the posts before pretending you know everything. I already answered, and quite possibly rarely visiting a food court isn't a sign of ignorance .

Cooked & Shirtelss had a simple misunderstanding of what I wrote. Quite understandable.

Will all these smart phone payment systems see street noodle stalls accepting cards in the near future?

No special sauce. Cheeseburgers have ketchup.

It was a cheeseburger, you just don't understand Thainess!

Funny you should say that, I was on the way from Bangkok to my workplace and asked the kitchen if they would leave a cheese and onion sandwich in the fridge for me. Got there was bloody starving, took a bite, hmm no cheese, lots of onion, took another bit still no cheese, opened the sandwich to find just onion. Hilarious.

Was the bread buttered? Thais call butter and cheese by the same word "neui". This does cause a lot of confusion.

Edited by ATF

I venturered into Molly Malones in Silom one evening about 7:30 and happy hour was over at 7 pm. at 8:30 a chap asked for his bill and then started complaining about overcharge, apparently just before 7 pm he had told the waitress that he would have 3 beers at the happy hour price. he kicked up such a stink that they let him go without paying

That's what Mania was talking about 2 or 3 posts above......some 'special sauce'. 5555555

Now get that I to ya. wink.png

Sounds like you enjoy some special sauce neverdie

No. lol

I'll make you some of my own special sauce.w00t.gif You'll LOVE it!

I can barely wait to taste it.

• Like 1