Thai Police distribute anti-kidnapping posters to schools

webfact

Police distribute anti-kidnapping posters to schools

8-14-2014-8-56-56-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Royal Thai Police has distributed posters giving instruction to parents on how to teach their children to protect themselves against kidnappings.

These posters were distributors to schools in Bangkok and the provinces in an effort of the police to prevent kidnapping which is returning with children being targets.

One of the instructions emphasized on unexpected causes which are always overlooked by parents and have become threat to the safety of their children. They are advised not to abandon their children at home alone. In case of necessity, parents are advised to tell their children to be careful and not to open the doors for strangers to enter the house.

Besides, if any member of the family goes missing, they must immediately alert the police to begin looking for them. This will help to bring the children back to home quickly and safely.

Meanwhile a school in Samkok district of Pathumthani also has its own measure to prevent kidnapping.

It has used computer to scan students coming to school.

All students coming to school in the morning are required to scan their arrival at the scanning booth with a teacher supervising the scanning.

This measure is to ensure their parents that their children have come to school and did not skip classes.

Moreover it is also to encourage punctuality as students are required to attend school regularly and on time.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-distribute-anti-kidnapping-posters-schools/

[thaipbs]2014-08-15[/thaipbs]

• Like 1

I didnt think kidnapping was so rampant to justify a general distribution of warnings with guidelines? However i do think it is a good idea the schools scanning students arriving.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app Edited by thesetat2013
  • Like 1

Isn't this advice what any responsible parent with half a brain cell should teach their children naturally anyway?

Or is it just my logic that's not to good?

If Thai parents don't know simple basic stuff a 7 year old western child knows then they should not be allowed to have children by law.

• Like 2

I didnt think kidnapping was so rampant to justify a general distribution of warnings with guidelines? However i do think it is a good idea the schools scanning students arriving.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My wife tells me it is very common.  The children are stolen and sold.

yes i heard it also... many times. But i dont know if its true or not!

I just know in thailand everything is possible.

Well done. This action by the Royal Thai Police may be ridiculed by some, but even if this only helps one kid, it will have been a worth while effort. 

Yes but it's sad parents have to be told how to pass on the basics of protection to their children

Do Thais not instruct not to accept sweets from strangers and not to go with them etc. ?

Do you know anyone.

How do children get kidnapped from inside a school? Or should we be poised to read some horrendous child trafficking story that the junta is trying hard to suppress? Edited by Thai at Heart

Do you know anyone.

How do children get kidnapped from inside a school? Or should we be poised to read some horrendous child trafficking story that the junta is trying hard to suppress?

Can you not read pictures?

They get carried out in a shopping trolley.

• Like 2

Do you know anyone.

How do children get kidnapped from inside a school? Or should we be poised to read some horrendous child trafficking story that the junta is trying hard to suppress?

Can you not read pictures?

They get carried out in a shopping trolley.
Ah I see. So.

Obviously its the falangs fault. Ban trolleys and if that doesn't work ban shopping centres.

When was the last kid kidnapped in a shopping trolley

Actually ban children. Its all good.

Happy Edited by Thai at Heart

Kidnapping is very common here...........

Rarely if ever reported in the media, but never stops happening.

Obviously the more wealthy are targetted, but the ordinary folk also......

• Like 1

It happens a lot more that people realize, Some people just want to put their head in the sand and hope the problem will just go away.coffee1.gif

Stolen children must be a huge scale and widespread in Thailand for the police to take this kind of preventive action. It seems that most news of child kidnapping has been suppressed as its rare if ever reported in the Thai news unless it serves some sort of "agenda."

It happens a lot more that people realize, Some people just want to put their head in the sand and hope the problem will just go away.coffee1.gif

Quite right.....the cops are good at that tactic unfortunately........

There are thousands of kidnappings a year here.

The wife says it only ever makes the local news now because it is happening daily in many places. Only farang kids make the national headlines. Or a rich person's kid.

Mostly happens in Isaan and the rural communities, a lot of kids end up begging for the kidnappers in the capital and tourist areas etc. Or sold to organized begging and trinket selling rings.

Edited by thailand334

Recently in the USA authorities found 168 kids that had been taken for trafficing. Guess what - may of the kids were never reported missing. This is a world problem - not just Thailand and USA where it seems to be a lot worse.

My wife is paranoid about our child being abducted.

Apparently, child abduction is a very real, and very large problem, as the children are stolen, and sold into begging rings that operate in the tourist areas, and when they become old enough, are sold on as prostitutes. 

It is no wonder that Thailand has been condemned worldwide for its inability to stop human traffiking.

• Like 1

Isn't this advice what any responsible parent with half a brain cell should teach their children naturally anyway?

Or is it just my logic that's not to good?

If Thai parents don't know simple basic stuff a 7 year old western child knows then they should not be allowed to have children by law.

You're logic is terrible.
1. You are assuming that all good parents naturally have common sense habits regarding a kidnap hazard.
2. You are synthesizing your own facts- this is not necessarily "...stuff a 7 year old western child knows."
3. It is doubtful that you have even examined the actual advisory.

Anti kidnap posters are also used frequently in the West, BTW.
  • Like 1

"This measure is to ensure their parents that their children have come to school and did not skip classes."

HILARIOUS because what the article fails to mention is the fact that parents do not receive report cards or any other notification of attendance (or progress, for that matter) until the END of the school term!!!

D'oh!

This sort of measure might be useful if, for example, automatic SMS alerts were sent to the parents and school staff at 10:00. Very easily done, but ya think Thais will do that? Nope. Edited by SNGLIFE

It is much, much more common for children to be sold by the parents. So perhaps a "How to tell if your parents are about to sell you into slavery." warning poster would be more appropriate.

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

Remember this........http://www.chiangraitimes.com/burmese-child-slave-puts-spotlight-on-abuse-of-foreign-maids-in-thailand.html

Please go to the video. If this link is taken down you can PM me for it.

Over the next five years, the couple enslaved and tortured the girl. The first time she managed to escape went awry after police sent her back to the couple – a claim that Lieutenant Colonel Naret Poolnai of the Kamphaeng Phet police denies. Her eventual escape last year was a fluke.

Police should take these cases seriously.

Recently in the USA authorities found 168 kids that had been taken for trafficing. Guess what - may of the kids were never reported missing. This is a world problem - not just Thailand and USA where it seems to be a lot worse.

Some significant errors and omissions in your comment. They were not "taken for trafficking." They were found working in prostitution, mostly runaways aged 15-17. Not really the same considering the ages this poster is aimed at which, looking at it appears to be 4-12 year olds.

My daughters school have always scanned the children in and out. Parents photographs are brought up and the teacher can see if you are indeed a parent. If we forget to take the ID card to scan her out we have to go to the office and complete paperwork whilst they verify. 

My wife tells me the same - and it's not just from schools or out in quiet areas. Children get snatched from malls too. 

Doesn't always seem to get the publicity in the past though.

Remember this........http://www.chiangraitimes.com/burmese-child-slave-puts-spotlight-on-abuse-of-foreign-maids-in-thailand.html

Please go to the video. If this link is taken down you can PM me for it.

Thank u Jessi;

I sent the link to another forum where I am ;

More and more people must know about that.