Thai Police distribute anti-kidnapping posters to schools

webfact

Good idea...well done RTP. But how about some posters for more common dangers like riding a motorcycle without a helmet.

Schools could help with enforcement by NOT allowing entry and leaving without helmets, licenses, max 2 to a bike etc.

Isn't this advice what any responsible parent with half a brain cell should teach their children naturally anyway?

Or is it just my logic that's not to good?

If Thai parents don't know simple basic stuff a 7 year old western child knows then they should not be allowed to have children by law.

Absolutely unreal post blink.png

If anyone is uneducated it's your obnoxious self

Good idea...well done RTP. But how about some posters for more common dangers like riding a motorcycle without a helmet.

Schools could help with enforcement by NOT allowing entry and leaving without helmets, licenses, max 2 to a bike etc.

and not letting students without licences park at the school.

I didnt think kidnapping was so rampant to justify a general distribution of warnings with guidelines? However i do think it is a good idea the schools scanning students arriving.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My wife tells me it is very common.  The children are stolen and sold.

yes i heard it also... many times. But i dont know if its true or not!

I just know in thailand everything is possible.

It is common and has always been a great fear of mine although a half farang kid sent out begging in a tourist area would stick out like a sore thumb. The police are not pro-active,it's up to the parents to look for their children themselves although the police must have some idea who organizes this,they don't even check out the begging children in tourist areas.

Heres a  bizarre  thought...................get parents to keep their eyes on their kids instead of their phones or "that food  stall over there""

Too many parents   with their kids trapsing behind, too many wandering  in shops  with no parent in sight.

Kids  have hands, parents  have hands..............even more bizarre why not join them together.?.................nah too much like hard  work eh??

Edited by kannot

"This measure is to ensure their parents that their children have come to school and did not skip classes."

HILARIOUS because what the article fails to mention is the fact that parents do not receive report cards or any other notification of attendance (or progress, for that matter) until the END of the school term!!!

D'oh!

This sort of measure might be useful if, for example, automatic SMS alerts were sent to the parents and school staff at 10:00. Very easily done, but ya think Thais will do that? Nope.

Oh why do some posters on here have a 'I am holier than thou attitude' anything that helps to prevent the abduction of a child has to be a good idea, well done the police for doing something positive.

They would never manage to solve any kidnapping crime so they might be better sticking to problems they can solve how to stick a poster on a wall as long as it is marked top and bottom they might manage if it’s a team effort.

Are you kidding? That must be the most ubiquitous roadside poster in Thailand. The "100%" is a national campaign. The posters show local politicians and police wearing them, though this photo is a bit of a fail.

[attachment=279255:images.jpg]

A couple years ago I participated in a "Ride for Helmet Awareness" where 500 or so people, mostly school children, did a group ridearound town all wearing helmets led by the governor and a deputy PM both of which, unfortunately, wore "skull cap" helmets which were not much more likely to help him in a crash than a Kippah.

[attachment=279253:helmet23a.jpg]

Oh well. At least they are trying.

. Edited by NomadJoe

WOW....what a concept.....parents teaching their children.....incredible!!!!!!!!

What genius has thought of this idea?!?!?!?!?!

However.....I am certain that the parents will expect the teachers to educate their children just like they always do.

Whereas this is a noble gesture, I think this works only in combination with educational TV spots targeting parents and kids alike - best right in the midst of those (was tempted to put "brainless" in here, but didn't) Thai soaps. I very much doubt that many will take the effort to read the poster... Great to see however that at least there is an attempt on doing something about kidnapping and slave labour... A first step... good!

Are you kidding? That must be the most ubiquitous roadside poster in Thailand. The "100%" is a national campaign. The posters show local politicians and police wearing them, though this photo is a bit of a fail.

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

A couple years ago I participated in a "Ride for Helmet Awareness" where 500 or so people, mostly school children, did a group ridearound town all wearing helmets led by the governor and a deputy PM both of which, unfortunately, wore "skull cap" helmets which were not much more likely to help him in a crash than a Kippah.

attachicon.gifhelmet23a.jpg

Oh well. At least they are trying.

No, I'm not kidding, It is obvious that the poster you mention is not having any effect. Can't say I've ever seen one. School is for teaching so teaching/forcing them to wear helmets to get in and out of school seem IMO a good idea. Can't actually be doing any harm can it?

Oh and yes they are extremely 'trying' when it comes to obeying the law which is there for their benefit.

Edited by Keesters

I didnt think kidnapping was so rampant to justify a general distribution of warnings with guidelines? However i do think it is a good idea the schools scanning students arriving.

Yes it is ...... my wife was kidnapped as a child

"This measure is to ensure their parents that their children have come to school and did not skip classes."

HILARIOUS because what the article fails to mention is the fact that parents do not receive report cards or any other notification of attendance (or progress, for that matter) until the END of the school term!!!

D'oh!

This sort of measure might be useful if, for example, automatic SMS alerts were sent to the parents and school staff at 10:00. Very easily done, but ya think Thais will do that? Nope.

Oh why do some posters on here have a 'I am holier than thou attitude' anything that helps to prevent the abduction of a child has to be a good idea, well done the police for doing something positive.
Im not arguing with your reply to this. I just wanted to point out that it is common practise for a school to phone parents if a student is late to arrive to school by a certain time to check if student is sick as well as notifying parents of excessive absences prior to the end of term in the USA. Maybe he is not holier than thou?

Better to be SAFE, than SORRY!!! Top Marks to the Police.

Now make sure you instruct your police to take it serious. Wasn't there a story here few months back where I Thai lady reported child missing took three weeks with her going to police to even get report filed.  Guess the poor don't count.

Remember this........http://www.chiangraitimes.com/burmese-child-slave-puts-spotlight-on-abuse-of-foreign-maids-in-thailand.html

Please go to the video. If this link is taken down you can PM me for it.

I would urge EVERYONE to check the above link. Sickening though it is, everyone should be aware of what can happen to kids anywhere!

Would be nice to have a fullty readable copy of the poster or a link to it.

Did some search to no avail. mad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qs.gif

Here you go:
https://m.facebook.com/1439084259702386/photos/a.1439139123030233.1073741828.1439084259702386/1441265662817579/?type=1&source=46&refid=17

The image is low-res, but the text is as - uhm, text - below the image, therefor useful for e.g. google translate wai.gif

Remember this........http://www.chiangraitimes.com/burmese-child-slave-puts-spotlight-on-abuse-of-foreign-maids-in-thailand.html

Please go to the video. If this link is taken down you can PM me for it.

Over the next five years, the couple enslaved and tortured the girl. The first time she managed to escape went awry after police sent her back to the couple – a claim that Lieutenant Colonel Naret Poolnai of the Kamphaeng Phet police denies. Her eventual escape last year was a fluke.

Police should take these cases seriously.

Too much corruption money involved. The two Bastards that did this have never been brought to justice, what does that tell you "Money Talks".

Isn't this advice what any responsible parent with half a brain cell should teach their children naturally anyway?

If Thai parents don't know simple basic stuff a 7 year old western child knows then they should not be allowed to have children by law.

It's all in your first sentence?

jb1

In case anyone needs verification that this is a problem, I can provide it. A few weeks ago someone tried to abduct my five year old son while he was still on the schoolgrounds of his private school. Some man offered my son some candy as the children were being let out. The man had walked perhaps 100 meters onto the campus and was in the heart of the daily after-school confusion. He told my son that the candy was in his car and my delighted son started to follow. Thankfully the teacher saw this and called my son back. There was no follow-up, but I was told that the look kreung (mixed race children) are seen by Thais as being exceptionally beautiful, and so are especially prized targets. Upon asking around, it seems there were a couple of successful abductions at a nearby forest temple just this year. I am currently up in Burirum Province in Issan.

If you have children, you need to take this very seriously.

You're logic is terrible.
1. You are assuming that all good parents naturally have common sense habits regarding a kidnap hazard.
2. You are synthesizing your own facts- this is not necessarily "...stuff a 7 year old western child knows."
3. It is doubtful that you have even examined the actual advisory.

Anti kidnap posters are also used frequently in the West, BTW.

Yeah your right, I must have been in Thai bashing auto pilot mode when typed that.

It's a sad thing that this happens, not just in Thailand but worldwide, the people involved in it are sub human.

Police distribute anti-kidnapping posters to schools

cheesy.gif  cheesy.gif  As if that would stop kidnappers.... 

if any member of the family goes missing, they must immediately alert the police to begin looking for them. This will help to bring the children back to home quickly and safely.

clap2.gif cheesy.gif like the police would give a damn. They're too busy collecting tea money.

thesetat2013, on 15 Aug 2014 - 07:33, said:

No mention as to how this "scanning" is supposed to work (fingerprint or iris or facial recognition then compared to a school student database), compared to a teacher taking a roll call.

rhythmworx, on 15 Aug 2014 - 07:54, said:

Your logic is ok, but I suspect here we talk about Thai logic.

Jessi, on 15 Aug 2014 - 09:03, said:

ChrisY1, on 15 Aug 2014 - 08:51, said:

thesetat2013, on 15 Aug 2014 - 07:33, said:

Kidnapping is very common here...........

Rarely if ever reported in the media, but never stops happening.

Obviously the more wealthy are targetted, but the ordinary folk also......

It happens a lot more that people realize, Some people just want to put their head in the sand and hope the problem will just go away.coffee1.gif

If it's "more" common, than we realise, where do you get your info that the rest of us are not privy to.