options when visa runs out and no funds

i have been on retirement visas for 10 years and still have a couple of months left.i will not be able to renew no funds at all i had about 1 million USD when i came here have bank books to prove money ran out a few years ago,been surviving on borrowing and living in poverty for a few years i have no funds to leave no income at all been taken car of by girlfriend.no one in family will answer a phone to me no friends left to borrow from .no wish to leave but no real hope to stay ,do not want to be in overstay situation and risk jail i not fit for that ,contacted several agencies in home country want nothing to do with me some will not even deal with me unless i in country ,i ask the wife i seperated from to help refused she has 4 houses and lots af land a good car and she cannot even drive,but i did walk away and she was hurt,i have no one to blame and i no wish to blame i brought all my missfortune on my own head .i wish to know if this comes to a head with visa expiring what happens if i report my self to immigration with no funds to leave and no one will help .

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What nationality?

It's possible some embassies MIGHT help to repatriate but of course right of international travel would be lost unless paid back.

That's about airfare.

Not sure about needed overstay fines.

Beyond that ... maybe can raise funds for overstay fine (when leaving at airport) and fly to Singapore or someplace nearby that might have better prison conditions than Thailand. In Singapore the only crime would be no money ... so maybe that's a place to start better than in Thailand.

I know many people will accuse the OP of trolling ... oh well!

• Like 1

i am not on overstay i have a valid extension and i have no intention of going into overstay i will go to immigration and attempt t explain my case as best i can .i just thought to check for anything i have not allready checked out my embassy can not or will not help .i have never posed here before i often read the fourms and i always thought it would be a mistake to post anything here as people seem to make replies totally unrelated to query posed thank you for any helpful imformation

• Like 1

Yes, smart of you to take some kind of action before overstay but you are headed there if you don't get out. That is because immigration is not going to be understanding of your query ... you can count on that. If you don't meet the rules on paper, you are really out of here. So suggest to get real and think of nothing but your EXIT PLAN before your current legal stay ends. Hope you don't end up in Thai prison but if you don't get help from somebody to get out, that seems to be your destination.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes, smart of you to take some kind of action before overstay but you are headed there if you don't get out. That is because immigration is not going to be understanding of your query ... you can count on that. If you don't meet the rules on paper, you are really out of here. So suggest to get real and think of nothing but your EXIT PLAN before your current legal stay ends. Hope you don't end up in Thai prison but if you don't get help from somebody to get out, that seems to be your destination.

It's not said. There are many foreigners on the streets that are tolerated and let alone. Thailand don't have much reason to place burden on IDC when it's clear he has no way to make it out of there. It also depends by circumstances.

I think the OP should to try to contact the media or charitable organizations in his country. He will need to present his story better than here, leaving aside the million burned and the rich ex-wife would be a start. All that of course if he has intentions to return to home country, thing that is not even clear.

Easy go to Cambodia check out bank

aba bank or Phnom phen commercial bank put ur money u can get 6 to 8% on 36 month . This guy enough smart make 1 million $ but don't know wre to invest for his future . Just buy 3 or 4 condo in Bkk & rent .

Fake

Fake or not, the abstract question is real ... what to do IF the money REALLY runs out and nowhere to turn any more.

History, and human nature show, it doesn't matter how much money you start with, all that matters is your personal spending habits, generosity and/or gullibility.

As Jingthing states, the question is real.

What would you do if you found yourself in a foreign country with no help. The OP provides he is out of funds, cannot meet the visa criteria to remain, has contacted family and will not receive support or help from them, and has contacted his Embassy.

What would you do in his shoes?

• Like 1

What would you do in his shoes?

First of all I would never be in this situation as I always have plan B ready, the day I see my fund running low I would either:

a) buy a plane ticket for home in order to benefit from social welfare

B) buy 3 boxes of strong sleeping pills...

But I think OP best option is to move to the nearest major tourist center (pattaya, patong, khao san) and live like bum until someone takes notice and asks if he needs help.