options when visa runs out and no funds

I don't understand why there are so many westeners retiring in Asia? Well...i understand for those who have a wife in Asia ( Asian wife) or family. But for those who don't have, why? Don't u think it is better to live in ur own country when u are old. All family n friends are there. How about if u are die while u are retiring in Asia n the fact u are alone? Pardon me..i am not trying to judge, just dont get the reason why...

Because for the first 55 years of my life I've dreamt of living in a country where Winter was just a concept.

• Like 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Through Skype i was talking to my sister in Sydney who told me of a friend (a male fool) who works as a delivery driver (on call) a grown man with ambitions of being rich, lives with his family as he is a working man with no trade, divorced with 3 young children that he barely gives the lowest amount of child support he can,, about $20 a month, this fool is showing off to his friends as to what a stud he is by meeting up with a Thai girl (in Sydney) and now after 6 months of bliss this fool has borrowed $20,000 AUD to take this girl to visit her family (and her children?) in Thailand,, i would like to know what amphur, i don't know yet,, but here we go again,, haven't we read the ending to this story so many times, so i thought i would write on the beginning because we know how it will end, this fool will leave Thailand penniless and in debt,, this girl will just smile and move on to the next one, and the way to make a small fortune anywhere is start with a big fortune,, we will read about this one pretty soon,, stay tuned.

It's so easy to lose your fortune when you are out of your own country, the idea is not to let it happen.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

a lot of people seem to focus on money ,money is not my problem other that i do not have any,i have little regard for money and i no wish to have ,also i would like to make clear that i was not cheated out of my money by mw wife she is a very good lady she never did me any wrong i walked out of that marriage for another lady not anything i am proud of i have however made another relationship with another fine thai lady and she looks fter me we have 3 children she can look after me feed me but i have no income whatsoever she does not want me to walk out of this relationship i do not want to go but my visa will run out i am housebound cannot walk and unable to work other than drive that i can do this family seem to rely on me not for money but we get along well and have respect dignity though in poverty i have had lots of support from thai people even people in authority i respect them and they respect me .however i am in process of facing uop to a fast approaching situation of do i go into overstay and stay with my family of am i to affraid of a thai gail and take the easy option and get out it amazes me how self rightous so many people aare in asuming they see the whole picture and their opinion are right and that they shoulded be listened to .this is why i love thailand thai people and their culture i do not have any attraction to any welfare sate give me a charitable communith anyday western culture is not attractive to me

Easy solution to the visa thing.

Despite so many retirees on this forum claiming there's little or no demand for their services because they all have generous annuities, it turns out that there's lots of companies who will lend you the ฿800,000 to show on your savings account.

With that, you can get your visa provided all other aspects of your application are in order.

Problem solved.

Through Skype i was talking to my sister in Sydney who told me of a friend (a male fool) who works as a delivery driver (on call) a grown man with ambitions of being rich, lives with his family as he is a working man with no trade, divorced with 3 young children that he barely gives the lowest amount of child support he can,, about $20 a month, this fool is showing off to his friends as to what a stud he is by meeting up with a Thai girl (in Sydney) and now after 6 months of bliss this fool has borrowed $20,000 AUD to take this girl to visit her family (and her children?) in Thailand,, i would like to know what amphur, i don't know yet,, but here we go again,, haven't we read the ending to this story so many times, so i thought i would write on the beginning because we know how it will end, this fool will leave Thailand penniless and in debt,, this girl will just smile and move on to the next one, and the way to make a small fortune anywhere is start with a big fortune,, we will read about this one pretty soon,, stay tuned.

It's so easy to lose your fortune when you are out of your own country, the idea is not to let it happen.

As he's already penniless and in debt, he doesn't have anything to lose – and the family will still be there when he goes back..

I called friend of mine in Pattaya,he just renewed his retirement visa in jomtien,pattaya.

He used agent/fixer as he does not have enough money in bank either,wanted to do before 29. this month.

I dont know how this works in princible but it is still possible.

i think someone forum knows how this actually works.

I called friend of mine in Pattaya,he just renewed his retirement visa in jomtien,pattaya.

He used agent/fixer as he does not have enough money in bank either,wanted to do before 29. this month.

It works with a corrupt officer bribed to overlook the funds/income requirements.

Your friend paid probably in the neighborhood of Bt. 20,000 for the service, just like the OP at his latest renewal.

Edited by paz

It works with a corrupt officer bribed to overlook the funds/income requirements.

Your friend paid probably in the neighborhood of Bt. 20,000 for the service, just like the OP at his latest renewal.

Something like that,he had sms and paper documents that he has 800kB in his account.

Needles to say he showed that sms in wonderful bar to couple of young girls...

Edited by Aceman80

I am in Total disbelief of this posting by the OP. 1 million gone, lived here 10 years, checked all support avenues, home country wants nothing to do with him help wise, begged and borrowed his acquaintances to silence. Get real. This is a JOKE on TV

• Like 1

I am in Total disbelief of this posting by the OP. 1 million gone, lived here 10 years, checked all support avenues, home country wants nothing to do with him help wise, begged and borrowed his acquaintances to silence. Get real. This is a JOKE on TV

Life's joke to you ? Then I see this kind of jokes everyday.

• Like 1

I spend 1,000,000US in 11 years. Most of it was spend on tons of airfare, great hotels,wonderful and wild women and great whiskey. The rest I spend stupidly....And ohhh I had more fun than anybody I know!!!

Many is possible,

after a burn out syndrome, followed, by a a life changing wrong decision which triggered suicide attempts

and Psychiatric treatment,

I spent 1 Mill Euro + in 16-17 years in TH and my home country for a nice life style,

trips with Asian women to EU, holidays there and for financing Girlfriends and their families

and my own children in TH and EU (statutory child support).

Was fun rolleyes.gif but not any more. blink.png Can understand the OP.

Had, have friends, who helped me, one even with great generosity.

No family ties anymore, as next of kin are dead or not in contact with me. Special the oldest son in my home country, who keeps it with the Thai saying, "No money, no honey!" sad.png

Edited by ALFREDO

some people really do crazy things when drinking too many changs drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif

glad to hear you're still alive after such a crazy ride smile.png

Thank you -yoslim-, my life emo12.gif, worth a book I think. tongue.png

Regarding the Chang Beer, that excuse is not working with me, I do not drink alcohol and if, only in small quantities. wai2.gif

• Like 1

i made a payment o a money lender to put the money in the bank but i not have the money to do this again and i am only asking for any know option ,i have stated my case .i am not putting myself forward for intergation.happy to hear options

go to a remote forest wat and ask to join. Likely they will take you in for no fees. Then be a monk, a real monk, and dare govt to do anything to a monk.

But gotta be a real monk.

• Like 1

I really don't understand your question now? Am I correct that you want to live in Thailand but you don't have any money and you don't or can't want to make money and your new wife with who you have 3 children is supporting you?

You said right now you are on a retirement visa so you are +50. As far as I understand a brand new visa regulation says that you can get a spouse visa if you are +50 years old and married to a thai or legal father of a thai child who is able to proof a monthly income of a certain amount to support you. So if your new wife or children do work and have a high enough income you could get this visa. I think this visa regulations has been presented by immigration 1 or 2 weeks ago....

cheapchiangmai --

the party's over, it's time to go home.

I'm assuming you're in Chiang Mai because of your screen name. You need to set up an on-line appointment with the consulate and go in to talk with them pronto! They can place calls with your family and friends in the U.S. about borrowing funds -- sometimes a call from them carries more weight than a call from you. But, the call would be about funding a flight home for you. They can arrange for a flight home, probably on Korean Air, which had very handy one-stop service to multiple locations in the U.S. at a very reasonable rate. If nobody will help fund your flight, they can make you a loan to return to the U.S.

There are options.

Why would you want to stay here if you're broke? In the U.S. you have access to social services. You can go on welfare. You can file for other benefits. You're probably eligible for many benefits you don't know about, but they're impossible to obtain here in Thailand.

Oh yeah, there's this little problem with the military junta, too. They're taking an increasing dim view of people on overstay and foreigners with limited financial means. It's definitely not a good time to be someone in your situation here. It would be good to arrange return to the U.S. on your own terms, rather than terms dictated by a Thai judge.

Generally single adults (with no dependent children) in the US cannot get welfare unless they are disabled. Since he's been in Thailand, he also cannot get unemployment. Food stamps, maybe. That's not much for one person.

My guess since you referred to USD, you are a American? The Thai government does not want you because your are a foreigner and a burden on their society!.Staying here is not a option for you regardless if whether you want to stay! unless you can sway your former heartless b-t-ch to take you in and at least give you food and shelter..

If I was you take your US passport regardless of what they have said to you... walk in and just stay there and refuse to leave... they are not going to drag and throw you out! At some point they will foot the bill for your flight home to the States and once you are there you can get government help like welfare until you can stand on your own feet.

Now sure of your age as long as you keep yourself fit it is never to late to start over again. not saying you have to get back working and saving a 1 million again but as long as you take the attitude that you do not want to return home you are just digging a bigger hole for yourself here in Thailand and a overstay will just do that for you.

Go home you have a better opportunity to survive than staying in Thailand a place that do not want you! and maybe one day you might not be able to stay as before but at least you can visit?

Good luck,,

The US Embassy will not send you home, nor loan you money. Adults in the US without dependent children (living with them) cannot get welfare unless they are disabled. He did say something about not being able to work. If that means he is disabled somehow, he may be able to get disability, but he would need to be in the US and be seen by a doctor to certify this, the whole process would take months.

Edited by moto77

Anyone been foolish enough to give this guy money?? If not a troll then definately a scammer. Probably got more money than me!!

OP did not ask for any money. Postings requesting money are deleted by Moderators.

Anyone been foolish enough to give this guy money?? If not a troll then definately a scammer. Probably got more money than me!!

OP did not ask for any money. Postings requesting money are deleted by Moderators.

Of course he did not ask directly for money. Even without the punctuation you can read between the lines.

The story is so ridiculous it is a joke. Just one example - he has been on a retirment visa for 10 years when he would appear to have been in his 40's - how???

He is hoping kind (but niave) people wil PM him with offers of money. I was just wondering how many had done just that.

Edited by CRUNCHER

Of course he did not ask directly for money. Even without the punctuation you can read between the lines.

The story is so ridiculous it is a joke. Just one example - he has been on a retirment visa for 10 years when he would appear to have been in his 40's - how???

He is hoping kind (but niave) people wil PM him with offers of money. I was just wondering how many had done just that.

Sure. You know everything. Why don't you get a job like a sort of human polygraph, but internet based.

• Like 1

Troll.

If u had 1 million u can make 50000 dollars on interest, it s around 150000 bahts a month.

I would say 7 times more than 1 person need to live simply in thailand. And you still keep your capital, the rest of the interest saved are compound interest and bring you more money.

For me you are trolling.

Troll.

If u had 1 million u can make 50000 dollars on interest, it s around 150000 bahts a month.

I would say 7 times more than 1 person need to live simply in thailand. And you still keep your capital, the rest of the interest saved are compound interest and bring you more money.

According to this thinking Mike Tyson should be billionaire. Guess what, not everyone is able to stick to the right choices even if they seem elementary to self-proclaimed internet money managers.

• Like 1

Troll.

For me you are trolling.

So, that would be 133.000.- a month in the moment at 5% interest, where do you get 5% interest steady and sure without risk, currency risk?

I remember my costs had been around 4.000 Euro + in month, including mandatory EU child support for 2 and apartment maintenance cost in home country.

That was for some time, 200.000 Baht and most times 160.000 Baht +

Life is expensive if you live well. tongue.png

Troll.

For me you are trolling.

50000 dollars is considerably more than 150000 baht. Better add a zero at the end of that ... and then a bit more, based on the current exchange rate. A beginner's mistake, you are forgiven.

Troll.

For me you are trolling.

50000 dollars is considerably more than 150000 baht. Better add a zero at the end of that ... and then a bit more, based on the current exchange rate. A beginner's mistake, you are forgiven.

5% interest per annum on $1 mill = 50,000. Assuming we talking US$'s here - it is equivalent to approx 150,000 baht per month. The zero and a bit more you refer to is based on there being 12 months in a year. You are also forgiven, TJ.

Edited by yasmarbi

Troll.

For me you are trolling.

5% interest per annum on $1 mill = 50,000. Assuming we talking US$'s here - it is equivalent to approx 150,000 baht per month. The zero and a bit more you refer to is based on there being 12 months in a year. You are also forgiven, TJ.

I will help you by performing some simple maths for you: 50,000 USD interest x 30 Baht/USD (using your wrong exchange rate) = 1,500,000 Baht per annum. Divide that by 12 months and you get 125,000 Baht per month.

---> Considerably less than the 150,000 Baht you promised.

I'm normally a forgiving man, but some people overdraw their forgiveness credit and then I can't be so charitable anymore.