Thailand's July consumer confidence index records 15 month high

webfact

Thailand's July consumer confidence index records 15 month high
By Digital Content

14080878949312.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 15 -- The Ministry of Commerce said today that the consumer confidence index has recorded a new high in 15 months in July as people expect the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) could improve the country's economy.

Ampawan Pichalai, director of the Commerce Ministry Trade Policy and Strategy Office, said a survey of 3,343 consumers nationwide showed that the confidence index in July was at 41.4, rising from 38.4 in June.

The index was the highest in 15 months.

The forecast index for consumers' confidence in the next three months was at 45.4. The index remains below 50 and showed that people still have economic concerns.

Although the overall national situation has improved, most people worry about the cost of living.

Spending on consumer products drops. People are more careful about their spending. Household debt is likely to grow.

Farmers' incomes decrease as rice cultivation costs rise. Rice prices are low, and the prices of rubber and palm oil also are in decline.

If the situation continues, household debt will steadily grow.

Meanwhile, uncertain global economic recovery affects the economy and export of Thailand.

Consumers' income expectation in the next three months was better than the previous month, due to the national administration by the NCPO and economic stimulation measures. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-08-15

If this poll is accurate! And i really stress IF. Then it puts YLs admin to shame and shows that she and her handpicked ministers were ruining this country and not just ruining it with their populace schemes. It also shows the Gen and NCPO are better qualified to run this country. This last comment has been showing since the coup and the weekly in house cleanup they are doing

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by thesetat2013

Tourists flocking back and consumer confidence up too.

So that's all good then. Am I allowed to say the country is HAPPY ?

You can say anything you like (up to a point) but that is not to say anyone will take any notice.

Not sure about the entire country but a lot of the local people I have spoken to recently around Chiang Mai seem happy. Mind you none of them are reds or even have any time for those morons.

And I am happy these days, happy that the sins of the Shin regime finally brought their rotten party crashing and burning to the ground. Happy that they did not get their way and get their desert criminal leader back and cleared of all wrongdoings. Happy that they did not get to borrow enough money to financially cripple the next generation of Thai people. Happy that the Military stepped in and said "Enough is enough" and righted lots of wrongs.

• Like 1

You can say anything you like (up to a point) but that is not to say anyone will take any notice.

Not sure about the entire country but a lot of the local people I have spoken to recently around Chiang Mai seem happy. Mind you none of them are reds or even have any time for those morons.

And I am happy these days, happy that the sins of the Shin regime finally brought their rotten party crashing and burning to the ground. Happy that they did not get their way and get their desert criminal leader back and cleared of all wrongdoings. Happy that they did not get to borrow enough money to financially cripple the next generation of Thai people. Happy that the Military stepped in and said "Enough is enough" and righted lots of wrongs.

Has CM become like post war Germany, nobody was a Nazi and now no one is a redshirt, well not openly anyway ?

Has CM become like post war Germany, nobody was a Nazi and now no one is a redshirt, well not openly anyway ?

I have only ever seen the Thai Rouge in action (terrorism) in CM once, a few years ago when they set fire to a heap of tires on Narawat Bridge and attacked the Bangkok Bank branch in Thaphae Road. Never knew any personally, not that I would want to, but know a few locals who know reds, have not heard a good word spoken about them yet. Most people resent the fact that they are well paid to act like thugs and bully boys.

I have been saying for ages that the day will come when the people will get sick of them and turn on them and send them underground, where they belong.

Once their fearless (gutless) leader stops paying them for their terrorist service they will probably die off. They were only ever in it for the money anyway.

If this poll is accurate! And i really stress IF. Then it puts YLs admin to shame and shows that she and her handpicked ministers were ruining this country and not just ruining it with their populace schemes. It also shows the Gen and NCPO are better qualified to run this country. This last comment has been showing since the coup and the weekly in house cleanup they are doing

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did you read the op.

It means I feel a tiny bit less negative than I did last month.