90 day notice in Pattaya

The 90-day notice form has been computerized. This morning I received a paper in my passport that is bar-coded. The immo agent says next time all I have to do is bring in my passport and they can scan the bar-code and print the form. I think next time I will bring along my TOT bill just in case. Progress is never too late.

Just to confirm, (theoretically) in future no TM.47 to be filled out before going in, no photocopies of passport ID & extension, etc. Just hand over passport with paper from previous report??

In the past when there were 3 or 4 officers sitting at the reporting station, only one (I think it was always the lady) had access to a computer, while the others were still processing by hand. Does the above apply regardless of which officer you deal with?

Edited by Suradit69

Yesterday was very slow as Fridays usually are. My Thai wife and I were waiting outside at about 7:45. An agent came out, collected our paperwork, completed the process, and returned the passport all before the official 8:30 opening time. He explained the new deal to my wife. He was one of the two agents sitting to the left as you pass the queue number assignment station. Both agents had computers on their desks. I also needed a re-entry stamp which took an hour or so and I was first in line. One can only hope that eventually the retirement extension, re-entry, etc will also be computerized. The need to present proof of deposit or support would remain but it would save a lot of trees and certainly speed up the process.

Edited by akentryan

This was introduced way back and yep it a step in the right direction,albeit why we need to report on a retrement extension is beyond me but then i guess rules is rules without thinking of saving time and man power,surely with internet now worldwide which does include thailand why can't it be made more simplified and done on the net.