What Do You Think When You See A Western Man And A Thai Woman?

thohts

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a 60 year old with a teen or early 20's is sick IMO. Might not all agree but its sick

I never really get that, coz both consenting adults, its their business what they get up to surely?

A teenager is not an adult....

And a girl of 20-21 is still pretty young even though the latter may have just turned of age.

a 60 year old with a teen or early 20's is sick IMO. Might not all agree but its sick

I never really get that, coz both consenting adults, its their business what they get up to surely?

A teenager is not an adult....

And a girl of 20-21 is still pretty young even though the latter may have just turned of age.

An 18-19 year old girl is an adult isn't she. Old enough to be consenting anyway. Obviously if Donz is talking 13 year olds I agree with him.

I think the man shouldnt really be anymore then 20 or so years older then the female, 40 years is just way too old, I mean what could you have in common?? They will more likely fail and the guy is thinking with his balls and not his head.

I think the man shouldnt really be anymore then 20 or so years older then the female, 40 years is just way too old, I mean what could you have in common?? They will more likely fail and the guy is thinking with his balls and not his head.

Donz, alot of guys think with their little heads and not their big heads. It is just a "guy" thing. Some men grow out of it, some men never do.

Not all relationships with a huge age differences are simply because the little head is doing the thinking, or because the woman is after something. But, because it often is true, most people make that assumption when they see a much older man with a much younger woman. Interestingly, people always make that assumption when they see an older woman with a younger man because, I guess, they think "what could a younger man find desirable in an older woman?"

Tim Robbins and Ashton Kutcher haven't done too poorly with their choices of older women :o

Donz, alot of guys think with their little heads and not their big heads. It is just a "guy" thing. Some men grow out of it, some men never do.

Not all relationships with a huge age differences are simply because the little head is doing the thinking, or because the woman is after something. But, because it often is true, most people make that assumption when they see a much older man with a much younger woman. Interestingly, people always make that assumption when they see an older woman with a younger man because, I guess, they think "what could a younger man find desirable in an older woman?"

Tim Robbins and Ashton Kutcher haven't done too poorly with their choices of older women :o

SBK - Well put!!! :D

Age has no relevence nor should someone else care as long as its legal.

I think that girls of 18 - 21, or for that matter 22, are still quite young and can indeed be manipulated or taken advantage of by an older man. I certainly was when I was that age and looking around me I see the same thing today. It takes some time to learn the ropes of fending off predatory males -- in fact it takes a while to figure out that this is what men you would otherwise respect as a father type actually ARE -- and it also takes time to build up the self-confidence and self-esteem required to hold your own with them.

Obviously there has to be an age of consent and whatever it is, there is going to be a point where one day a girl is below it and the next day she's reached it. A legal necessity. But that doesn't mean that overnight she's got the wisdom and confidence of an adult. A man with any decency at all will keep that in mind when dealing with a very young woman/girl.

As for Donz on the 20 year thing -- I think the same timeframe has different significance at different ages. A 20 year old and a 40 year old, yes, it is a huge age difference. But a 40 year old and a 60 year old are more or less peers, even though the difference is still 20 years. And of course the background and maturity of the two people is a factor.

I think what is creepy is teenagers or barely out of the teens with men old enough to be their father. In other words, sexual feelings where there should be paternal ones from the man. That the woman may find it economically necessary, or at least highly advantageous, to go along with the relationship doesn't remove the ickiness from it. And that she is a year or 2 or 3 above the legal age of consent may meet the letter of the law but it doesn't meet the spirit. If the age of consent were lowered to 12, would all these guys immediately leap on 13 year olds? Unfortunately, in many cases, yes. The point is they care about the legal risk but not the fundamental principle which the law is meant to uphold. This many of them simply canot grasp since it would require perceiving young girls as people rather than sexual commodities.

As a woman matures, somewhere in the 20's, she stops being a girl and this whole issue fades away. At that point age difference is just an issue of compatibility and while some couplings may strike me as odd, they aren't CREEPY in the way described above. And, of course, they aren't my business.

20 year old with a 40 year old isnt too bad, but 20 and 60 is totally different IMO.

he is old enough to be her grandfather.

Well im with an older female, she is in her thirties and im in my mid twenties but the is only a small gap.

I have found some 40 year old girls attractive so i can see how 20 year old girls would find 40 year old men attractive. But i never seen a 60 year old girl who i would ever be attracted too.

Anyone who crying about the poor Thai girls has never bothered to spend any time with them.

These girls are not raised to be delicate flowers like western women. Sit down with a group of working girls one day and listen to how they talk about the farangs, and, give each other pointers on how to screw their customers out of the most money. My wife enjoys eating with them because of the stupid farang storys they tell, and likes to drag me along to help get them going.

You can also get a lot of it sitting with the female family members. Sooner or later they always start talking about what lazy bastiges their boyfriends/husbands are, and wouldn't be nice to find a rich farang boyfriend who would spend lots of money on them. These conversations always include the girl children from a very early age. All of my half dozen nieces, all of their mothers and all of their friends (married or not) want me to find them a farang boyfriend who they can sponge money off of. When I ask why they start with “Thai men are too lazy” and go down hill from there. Some of these women own a business and are very well off, but they still think it'd be good to scam money from a falang.

When you see a 20 year old Thai girl with a 60+ year old farang, it’s always business. Stupid farangs may not see it that way, but the girl always does. Even if they get married, all the girl wants is for her husband to buy some land & build a house for her, and give her lots of money & gold. As soon as he’s done that he’s history. My wife has several friends who have done this and are now very happy, and don’t care at all that their former tilak that they swore undying love to is now a bankrupt drunkard or has killed himself.

What does that say about my marriage? Only time will tell! There's a reason I married someone my own age.

Anyone who crying about the poor Thai girls has never bothered to spend any time with them.

These girls are not raised to be delicate flowers like western women. Sit down with a group of working girls one day and listen to how they talk about the farangs, and, give each other pointers on how to screw their customers out of the most money. My wife enjoys eating with them because of the stupid farang storys they tell, and likes to drag me along to help get them going.

You can also get a lot of it sitting with the female family members. Sooner or later they always start talking about what lazy bastiges their boyfriends/husbands are, and wouldn't be nice to find a rich farang boyfriend who would spend lots of money on them. These conversations always include the girl children from a very early age. All of my half dozen nieces, all of their mothers and all of their friends (married or not) want me to find them a farang boyfriend who they can sponge money off of. When I ask why they start with “Thai men are too lazy” and go down hill from there. Some of these women own a business and are very well off, but they still think it'd be good to scam money from a falang.

When you see a 20 year old Thai girl with a 60+ year old farang, it’s always business. Stupid farangs may not see it that way, but the girl always does. Even if they get married, all the girl wants is for her husband to buy some land & build a house for her, and give her lots of money & gold. As soon as he’s done that he’s history. My wife has several friends who have done this and are now very happy, and don’t care at all that their former tilak that they swore undying love to is now a bankrupt drunkard or has killed himself.

What does that say about my marriage? Only time will tell! There's a reason I married someone my own age.

Very true. Don't marry bargirls. And don't give them anything really expensive, like a house. Put car, house, whatever under your name. If she's gone, farang keeps the assets. I also have girlfriend my age, a little younger, but ... it works well.

Nice advice but not really applicable in the Ladies Forum, don't you think :o

Anyway, I am currently in the US, visiting my family, and find it interesting how many TV shows show interracial couples, the increase of Asians on TV and the attitude which is shown (ie, tv presents these couples as a matter of course, as if it were nothing different).

Perhaps television is reflecting society's changing attitudes or perhaps it is helping shape attitudes towards interracial couples (and I am talking about both men with white women and white men with a woman of color).

I think that the same change will occur in Thailand within a few years as interracial couples in every day society become more common.

These girls are not raised to be delicate flowers like western women.

I do not agree on that.

Education of most Thai girls is far, far more conservative that their 'sisters' in the west receive.

They are sure more delicate flowers as you put it than their western couterpart.

And it is the majority.

The minority farangs met is really that, a minority.

But whoever they are, they have a very high emotional intelligence and well, they learn fast once in a 'free' environment.

They learn fast how to take advantage of the farangs, or men in general.

And these are the ones farangs usually meet.

But still the minority.

And the ones who think otherwise never bothered to spend any time with 'them'

Well, this isn't really another discussion of Thai girls and their relationships with farang men, I think a large number of the Ladies in this forum have heard enough of that to last us all a lifetime :o

Anyway....

Well, this isn't really another discussion of Thai girls and their relationships with farang men, I think a large number of the Ladies in this forum have heard enough of that to last us all a lifetime :D

Anyway....

Right but it seems men never heard enough... :o:D

Well, this isn't really another discussion of Thai girls and their relationships with farang men, I think a large number of the Ladies in this forum have heard enough of that to last us all a lifetime :D

Anyway....

Right but it seems men never heard enough... :D:D

Too right :o

If so, then feel free to continue that particular conversation in this thread here. This is the Ladies forum after all :D

20 year old with a 40 year old isnt too bad, but 20 and 60 is totally different IMO.

Well im with an older female, she is in her thirties and im in my mid twenties but the is only a small gap.

I have found some 40 year old girls attractive so i can see how 20 year old girls would find 40 year old men attractive. But i never seen a 60 year old girl who i would ever be attracted too.

Have to agree.

I'm 39 and though I find that I enjoy conversing with women of 60, the thought of having a sexual fling with one is rather odd to say the least.

Having said that, variety is the spice of life........... :o

Anyway, I am currently in the US, visiting my family, and find it interesting how many TV shows show interracial couples, the increase of Asians on TV and the attitude which is shown (ie, tv presents these couples as a matter of course, as if it were nothing different).

Perhaps television is reflecting society's changing attitudes or perhaps it is helping shape attitudes towards interracial couples (and I am talking about both men with white women and white men with a woman of color).

I think that the same change will occur in Thailand within a few years as interracial couples in every day society become more common.

read somewhere that 1/3 of young Black men in London are dating/married to a white woman. It seems the explanation was white women are not so dominant as black women!

What I hate is nearly all white women I met (and befriended) assume that as I have an "asian" wife then I must be the dominant partner. Often "asian" women seeking out foreigners are trying to AVOID being dominanted by a local male (Thai/Indian/Pakistani/Singaporean males having the worst reputations as husbands in asia) and are strongly independent. Except "independent" doesnt mean dressing unsexily or not being feminine - just having a strong set of opinions, goals and sets of values. The wife looks very sexy and feminine but she always gets her way when it gets in the way of these! I am learning that "resistance is futile" :D

Rascism often shows in older white men when they ignore my wife and talk to me only. White women (especially older ones and those not exposed to foreign culture AND especially americans for some reason - maybe its all that "nuke the towel heads" war making) can be so funny in their actions as well.

Actually, nemo, my experience has often been that the Thai woman is more dominant in the relationship because, quite often, the man speaks no Thai and must rely on his wife for alot of things (from renting a house to getting a phone to buying a computer).

Of course, not all relationships are like this, but it does seem quite prevalent when the man is new to Thailand.

read somewhere that 1/3 of young Black men in London are dating/married to a white woman. It seems the explanation was white women are not so dominant as black women!

What I hate is nearly all white women I met (and befriended) assume that as I have an "asian" wife then I must be the dominant partner. Often "asian" women seeking out foreigners are trying to AVOID being dominanted by a local male (Thai/Indian/Pakistani/Singaporean males having the worst reputations as husbands in asia) and are strongly independent. Except "independent" doesnt mean dressing unsexily or not being feminine - just having a strong set of opinions, goals and sets of values. The wife looks very sexy and feminine but she always gets her way when it gets in the way of these! I am learning that "resistance is futile" :D

Rascism often shows in older white men when they ignore my wife and talk to me only. White women (especially older ones and those not exposed to foreign culture AND especially americans for some reason - maybe its all that "nuke the towel heads" war making) can be so funny in their actions as well.

A couple of point to differ with ,I normaly ignore the male and find talking to the wife far more interesting , secondly the Rag Heads as you stated ,I found that the male dominance issue is much misunderstood and many of the so called male dominated societies are actually matriarchal with the woman controling the household ,family and the cash . Korea on the surface is male dominated ...not so the wife rules in descison making for the family and finances and the husband exists on pocket money only ( I worked closely with many Koreans in Korea and abroad for many years and found it was always the case

I was also married to a "rag head " (your term ) and had to fight for what I call equallity in the household a major battle that I lost eventually leading to divorce because ( one of many reasons )I refused to be second best in my own home ( outside I was ALLOWED and encouraged to show dominance ,

I have been married to a Thai woman for many years and we have no issues of dominance of who is the boss ,it is real simple she is the boss,...... but makes me feel like the boss , she is a female ....but makes me feel like a man , she is a lady but ... makes me feel like a gentleman .

Well, this isn't really another discussion of Thai girls and their relationships with farang men, I think a large number of the Ladies in this forum have heard enough of that to last us all a lifetime :o

Anyway....

Couldn't agree more, it is past time to give this thread a proper burial and let those who want to continue it do so on another forum....

This topic presents some very interesting questions:

I wonder what image of a Thai-farang couple sprang to most people's minds when they read this?

Since I had just come from Chiang Mai Ram physio when I read this , I thought about the two decrepit overweight old farang guys I had seen being ably assisted by very young small Thai wives in the Outpatient Department. I thought that Elephant Man X 2 had a fairly sad prognosis, and that their wives must have a lot of courage and loyalty to cope with these guys' needs and disabilities. I thought that these women deserve a medal as well as anything they may stand to inherit.

However, I wonder why I did not think of the two younger couples I had seen there: with children? One Thai woman was obviously pregnant again. The farang husbands were taking care of the little kids and chatting to each other, while their wives also talked together. Everyone was relaxed and happy. Why did I not see these couples as emblems of a racially inclusive future Thailand, as the true state of farang-Thai relations in the Kingdom?

Perhaps the default stereotype of old decrepit farang man and the young Thai woman is too strong in our consciousnesses for us to see it as only one type of relationship, and one which is literally dying. Thanks to the Original Poster for jolting my awareness!

Poor guy! Does he really know what he is getting himself into?

or

I wonder if they understand each other or are they still using sign language?

or

I wonder if that girl is gonna cut his p***s off when she finds out he has cheated on her?

or

Poor girl! What does she see in a fat ugly dude like that?

or

Is that his wife or daughter?

Well, this is just another western women have too high of expectations rant as far as I am concerned. Another old boys want it all blah blah blah that isnt' relevant to the thread.

I will not tolerate a blow by blow dissection of everything that is wrong with western women in this forum.

Back to the topic at hand, which, frankly seems to have been taken over by farang men assuming what farang women think or discussing how wonderful their relationships are with Thai women etc. None of which really has much to do with what western women think when they see a Thai woman with a farang man. Seems to me most of the women have already answered that question and most of them men just can't accept that the women don't hate them or aren't jealous of the skinny Thai women.

Enough of this or the thread will be closed.

SBK, as a brand new member reading this forum for the very first time, Thank you for bringing the original topic back..I have never read such dribble and carring on by Farang Men who are trying to justify their relationships with younger Thai Ladys..

Guys truth is Love has no boundrys, Color,Class, Creed, Culture, and should not matter what anyone thinks as long as you know the truth thats all that matters.. :o

SBK, as a brand new member reading this forum for the very first time, Thank you for bringing the original topic back..I have never read such dribble and carring on by Farang Men who are trying to justify their relationships with younger Thai Ladys..

Guys truth is Love has no boundrys, Color,Class, Creed, Culture, and should not matter what anyone thinks as long as you know the truth thats all that matters.. :o

I'm not sure if I understand your position fully. You say that love has no boundaries, yet you mention about farang men justifying their relationship with a younger Thai woman. Does this mean that you don't approve of those relationships? And if so, it means that for you love does indeed have a boundary - with respect to age. I don't know about everyone's reason for justifying their relationships, but I certainly if someone says that there is no love between an older man and a younger woman, that man has a right to defend his position with whatever dribble (sic) he desire.

You're talking about physical attraction there. There are many factors that make a person attractive besides their physical body. Physical attraction is not equally important to all people. Right now, you find some women up to 40 years old to be physically attractive. Do you think this will change as you get older? Maybe you do, but I think you'll find out you're wrong. I find the same age range of women to be physically attractive now as when I was 20. My brain doesn't magically start to find older women physically attractive as I reach their age. They're just as physically unattractive now as they always were. Again, that doesn't mean that they can't be attractive in other ways.

Okay, so if a man aged 60 doesn't find women his age to be physically attractive what's he to do if he wants to find a mate? If he can find a woman who's attractive to him in other respects, then he may accept her. But if physical attraction is extremely important to him, then his only option is to find a younger woman or else remain single.

I take it that in your eyes (and likewise in many other people's eyes) it's wrong for a young woman to be with a much older man that she doesn't find physically attractive. But what's the difference if she's 60 years old and ends up with a 60 year old man that she's not physically attracted to? Or what's the difference if she ends up with a young man who is very ugly? Logically your arguments don't make any sense to me because somehow you think that a young person deserves to have a physically attractive mate, but magically when they reach some certain age they're no longer deserving of that. What is it that makes a young person deserving of it but not an older person? Everyone has the right to be with someone they're attracted to. If a young woman is attracted to an older man because she finds his stability, personality, etc. to be attractive despite a not so physically attractive body, who am I to say that she's wrong. Even if the attraction is money, still as long as they're both happy I have no reason to say the relationship shouldn't be.

Love, relationships, and attraction are a very personal matter and vary so widely from one individual to the next. To try to force your own views on these matters onto everyone else is simply stupid. Provided the couple are of age and they are of sound mind, just simply let them be.

You're talking about physical attraction there. There are many factors that make a person attractive besides their physical body. Physical attraction is not equally important to all people. Right now, you find some women up to 40 years old to be physically attractive. Do you think this will change as you get older? Maybe you do, but I think you'll find out you're wrong. I find the same age range of women to be physically attractive now as when I was 20. My brain doesn't magically start to find older women physically attractive as I reach their age. They're just as physically unattractive now as they always were. Again, that doesn't mean that they can't be attractive in other ways.

Okay, so if a man aged 60 doesn't find women his age to be physically attractive what's he to do if he wants to find a mate? If he can find a woman who's attractive to him in other respects, then he may accept her. But if physical attraction is extremely important to him, then his only option is to find a younger woman or else remain single.

I take it that in your eyes (and likewise in many other people's eyes) it's wrong for a young woman to be with a much older man that she doesn't find physically attractive. But what's the difference if she's 60 years old and ends up with a 60 year old man that she's not physically attracted to? Or what's the difference if she ends up with a young man who is very ugly? Logically your arguments don't make any sense to me because somehow you think that a young person deserves to have a physically attractive mate, but magically when they reach some certain age they're no longer deserving of that. What is it that makes a young person deserving of it but not an older person? Everyone has the right to be with someone they're attracted to. If a young woman is attracted to an older man because she finds his stability, personality, etc. to be attractive despite a not so physically attractive body, who am I to say that she's wrong. Even if the attraction is money, still as long as they're both happy I have no reason to say the relationship shouldn't be.

Love, relationships, and attraction are a very personal matter and vary so widely from one individual to the next. To try to force your own views on these matters onto everyone else is simply stupid. Provided the couple are of age and they are of sound mind, just simply let them be.

You and I know that is a load of crap, the ONLY reason a woman 20 and under is with a 60 plus year old is for the cash. There might be a 0.001% chance that she is not, but generally she will be after you cash or something to benefit her.

Also how can a 60 year old man have anything in common with a girl who is 20 or under? there way of thinking is on different levels and in 99.9% the man that is 60 plus with a girl under 20 is just in it for the sex and nothing else. :o

You can spin it how ever you like but deep down you know the truth

You and I know that is a load of crap, the ONLY reason a woman 20 and under is with a 60 plus year old is for the cash. There might be a 0.001% chance that she is not, but generally she will be after you cash or something to benefit her.

Also how can a 60 year old man have anything in common with a girl who is 20 or under? there way of thinking is on different levels and in 99.9% the man that is 60 plus with a girl under 20 is just in it for the sex and nothing else. :o

You can spin it how ever you like but deep down you know the truth

Even if she is with him just for the cash, what is wrong with that? Lots and lots of relationships, not just older man/younger woman relationship, are based on money. If they both know what the real situation is, and choose to continue, then there's nothing wrong with it. How do you justify that with your statement "a 60 year old with a teen or early 20's is sick IMO. Might not all agree but its sick"? Saying it is "sick" sounds like you think it is morally wrong.

You think it is impossible for a 60-year-old man to have anything in common with a 20-year-old woman. What about a Farang having anything in common with a Thai woman? I think for many it would be a similar comparison. I know I don't have a whole lot in common with my wife, not because she's younger than me but because she's Thai and I'm not. She grew up in a completely different culture, speaking a completely different language than me. Having such vast differences is actually something that is interesting in our relationship. She's always learning something new about my culture and I'm always learning something different about hers. I know not everyone would enjoy such a situation, but for me I think being married to someone from my native country would be very boring. If I liked my own country so much and it's culture, I would have stayed there and married someone from there. I didn't and I moved to Asia and don't go back except for business or to visit my family there. I'm the type of person who loves to travel around and meet new and interesting people and cultures. If I want to have a conversation with someone who I have a lot in common with, I'll call my brother or one of my friends in the States. But this doesn't happen too often because in general I'd much prefer to be around people who I don't have so much in common as I can learn something new in talking with them. Maybe I'm a bit outside the box for some of you, but certainly I'm not alone.

What sort of things do you think the majority of guys have in common with their Thai girlfriends/wives? I'm not talking about a Thai girl who grew up or lived a long time overseas, but one who grew up in Thailand and is continuing to live there. Unless she's been exposed to a lot of foreign culture, most likely there won't be anything in common with a Farang with respect to music, politics, culture, or even humor (except on a limited scale where language is not a factor in the humor). The majority of things that they might have in common would have nothing to do with age. Things such as outdoor activities, travelling, dining, etc. don't depend on age (although failing health could affect one's abilities to do something he enjoyed). Even lots of couples of the same age and from the same culture complain that they have nothing in common. I think a relationship with a huge age gap of two people who grew up in the same culture will be more likely to experience the "nothing in common" problem because most of those people are seeking someone with whom they have something in common with. For people as myself who are looking outside the box, we don't really want someone with whom we have a lot in common. In summary, I'm not buying the "nothing in common" argument one single bit.

Regarding your comment about an older man only being interested in a young woman for sex....how is that any different from any men seeking any women? I think just about everyone knows that sex is on the minds of a very large percent of the men a very large percent of the time. Ask any man you know if he would have married his wife if she told him at the very beginning she would never agree to have sex with him and you'll soon realize just how important sex is to most men. Beyond the sex, most (but not all) men are looking for something else as well, maybe someone to cook/clean, maybe a friend, maybe a partner, maybe even someone to love. How is it that you think because there is a big age difference that the man cannot be looking for a woman to fulfill some desire other than sex? Completely bogus argument IMHO.

An older man can have a lot of qualities that are much more difficult to find in a younger man, besides money. I'm sure a very large number of relationships with a huge age difference are based on money, but certainly not all, nor anywheres near your percent of 99.999. And if you look at such relationships involving Thai/Farang compared to Farang/Farang I think you'd see an even smaller percent of those where money was the only factor. In the West, there is a certain stigma attached to relationships with a huge age difference that is not nearly so prevelant in Thailand and other Asian cultures.