Is a re-entry permit needed to be safe for re-entry on multi-entry tourist visa?

Hi all,

I am set to leave to Malaysia for a day or two so that I can re-enter thailand on my 2nd(of 3) Tourist visas. Someone(another tourist) had told me that I would need to get a re-entry permit or else I could risk losing my tourist visas all together and possibly not being allowed back in or just ending up with a 30 day visa exempt stamp. I just want to see if this has been anyone else's experience and not just another rumor. Ideally I would like to go to Malaysia and be back in Thailand the next day or same day if at all possible but I don't know if this will be an issue if I don't get a re-entry permit. Thanks in advanced for any insight! 

A re-entry permit is certainly not needed to do an entry with a tourist visa that is still valid and  has unused entries remaining.

A re-entry permit would only be issued for the remaining days on your current entry anyway..

You should not have a problem getting your next entry.

• Like 1

ok because a few weeks ago i read that even with a multientry tourist visa people would still not be guaranteed to get in. But this is my first tourist visa and I've only been to Thailand two times before, staying 2 weeks my first trip and two weeks my second, earlier this year. 

And I don't want to risk not being able to come back in because I have a few pets that I need to take care of. My gf will be back around the beginning of Sept so I would hate for me to be stuck in Malaysia or have to go back home while my pets don't have any food for a few days until my gf gets back!