How does the Ark Bar in Samui get away with playing their music so loud?

I don't need to go anywhere, I have no problem..I'm happy here you are obviously not

If you have a problem with something then move out or go to your home please

I only think this place great..I also knew about chaweng before I moved to samui.

I don't think Thai people welcome people like you..

Do you people just sit at home writing complaint letters..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Move out or go to your home? What are you talking about?

You feel comfortable where you are because you are blessed with quietness, which you obviously appreciate.

Why don't you think before you post such garbage, as long as I'm OK I don't care about the others.

I don't care about the effect the noise has on normal working people, their kids that have to go to school, the elderly etc..........

Not only tourists are this island,you fail to appreciate the normal population point of view.

What a selfish attitude , a sad reflection of some of the so called visitors to this country.

So are you telling me that when you moved to your address there was not ark bar already there???

If it was already there then what gives you the right to move to a place where there are already night clubs then tell them to close or turn their music down

What if I was to move next to you and say I don't like you children waking me up in the morning when they go to school

And I want u to move house

You would honk I am a cookoo clock

Big C......that must go down as one of the more comical comments i have read on this forum amidst all the moaning and doom and gloom and downright negative posts......"you would honk i am a cookoo clock" ha ha

I must admit I am crying with laughter after re reading that

I don't need to go anywhere, I have no problem..I'm happy here you are obviously not

If you have a problem with something then move out or go to your home please

I only think this place great..I also knew about chaweng before I moved to samui.

I don't think Thai people welcome people like you..

Do you people just sit at home writing complaint letters..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Move out or go to your home? What are you talking about?

You feel comfortable where you are because you are blessed with quietness, which you obviously appreciate.

Why don't you think before you post such garbage, as long as I'm OK I don't care about the others.

I don't care about the effect the noise has on normal working people, their kids that have to go to school, the elderly etc..........

Not only tourists are this island,you fail to appreciate the normal population point of view.

What a selfish attitude , a sad reflection of some of the so called visitors to this country.

So are you telling me that when you moved to your address there was not ark bar already there???

If it was already there then what gives you the right to move to a place where there are already night clubs then tell them to close or turn their music down

What if I was to move next to you and say I don't like you children waking me up in the morning when they go to school

And I want u to move house

You would honk I am a cookoo clock

Cookoo you are, Honk Honk. I can understand your spelling difficulties, but please try to improve your reading comprehension.

Please read my post again, it is directed to the other poster's remarks.

Also yes I live in a quiet area, now invaded by loud , unlicensed loud music.

What is your advice Big C ?

Should I also sell up & move?

Buy ear muffs?

Build a fence with sound proofing?

Yes 2 can play at your game of being silly.

Awaiting your precious advice.

U see now u r confused

You moved to a new area where there is loud music and for some reason you are complaining about the ark bar even though the people

U have a problem

With is not the ark bar at all because u have moved

If you are stressed I suggest boxing lessons

U see now u r confused

You moved to a new area where there is loud music and for some reason you are complaining about the ark bar even though the people

U have a problem

With is not the ark bar at all because u have moved

If you are stressed I suggest boxing lessons

You do make me laugh Big C. I didn't move anywhere laugh.png lived in an area for several years then an illegal night club opened.

I own my property, can't sell & move as you suggest to all the others, what should I do?

Re my comment about moving, all I said was it was an old cliche to tell someone :

If you don't like it go home.

windows were shaking 5KLM away?????? come on lol

Absolute correct. The music travels over the water, and the bass is very loud and powerful. Why would I be making this up? I have seen this in multiple locations. At the Saraan hotel, at Sandalwood Villas, and at Vikasa, and the Best Western. This is no joke. These people are horrible creators of noise pollution.

Have you tried ear plugs 7/11 50B

• Like 1

Absolute correct. The music travels over the water, and the bass is very loud and powerful. Why would I be making this up? I have seen this in multiple locations. At the Saraan hotel, at Sandalwood Villas, and at Vikasa, and the Best Western. This is no joke. These people are horrible creators of noise pollution.

Great suggestion. It's a wonderful thing to have to use earplugs in your hilltop home, six days a week, from 8pm, to 2am. Really fair to the local population. No pressure should he put on Ark Bar to follow noise laws. Just give the local population earplugs. Do you work for NASA?

• Like 2

Great suggestion. It's a wonderful thing to have to use earplugs in your hilltop home, six days a week, from 8pm, to 2am. Really fair to the local population. No pressure should he put on Ark Bar to follow noise laws. Just give the local population earplugs. Do you work for NASA?

My suggestion is to find where the manager or bosses live and move next door or recent a bourse next door and pump music up every time they go inside which shall probably be he day time as they are up all night

They post some ear plugs through his or her door

My suggestion is to find where the manager or bosses live and move next door or recent a bourse next door and pump music up every time they go inside which shall probably be he day time as they are up all night

They post some ear plugs through his or her door

Good one. A bit of their own medicine. Or steal their speakers, or some other drastic measures. They seem to have little concern about their neighbors.

One of the good things about living in Thailand is that it is a 'free and easy' place to live. Most of the population gets to decide which laws they will obey with relative impunity. (Drink driving, speeding, overtaking, parking, taking drugs, prostitution etc)

One of the bad things about living in Thailand is that it is a 'free and easy' place to live. Some of the population get to decide which laws they will obey with relative impunity. (Making an anti social LOUD noise until the small hours of the morning in a residential area etc).

Difficult one.

I have a great deal of sympathy for those of you having to put up with the noise. I was in the same position myself a few years back with the Black Moon Parties in Plai Laem - and to an extent, Dreamers in Bangrak.

I would be happy to sign a petition if someone starts the ball rolling. And yes - I will put my real name and address on it if required.

NB for those of you that say that that sound does not travel 5 kms - baldercock. When the wind is in the right direction I can hear the music from the southern shore of KPN if it is a big event. I definitely hear all of the fireworks from Zazen and others.

• Like 1

NB for those of you that say that that sound does not travel 5 kms - baldercock. When the wind is in the right direction I can hear the music from the southern shore of KPN if it is a big event. I definitely hear all of the fireworks from Zazen and others.

5kms, that is nothing if the noise is loud enough.

I once sat at home singing along to an ACDC concert, my house was in a hollow, surrounded by trees, on the other side of a motorway, 6 kms from the concert venue. At another house on a calm day I could hear the siren at the fire station 7 kms away.

Having live behind several night clubs I know how bad it is in places where there are noise limits that are enforced, and nothing wakes you up from what sleep you can get like someone emptying a bucket of empty beer bottles into a metal bin at 4am.

Have you seen the car the owner drives around in ? Do you know how much a car like that costs in Thailand ? And you need to ask how he gets away with playing loud music

Have a stab in the dark guess whistling.gif

NO ! would'nt know his car if it ran over me, please explain! rolleyes.gif

They get away with it...because no one files a formal complaint...so quit complaining...go to the local police...and be sure and let the bar know you are the one who turned them in to the police...then report back to Thaivisa forum how that goes for you...

Is'nt there a "Hotline" to the Generals office.

So many complaints about loud music, but is'nt there a Decible limit to this music, and if so, who controls it. If the music is constantly over the limit, then surely there will be licence to complain to a certain authority. Its no good whinging here on TV, the mods cannot help you.

• Like 1

THIS IS THAILAND. THIS IS ASIA. Noise pollution, air pollution, water pollution, garbage disposal everywhere, even right next to 5-star hotels.

Asians couldn't care less... many Caucasians as well.

Nikki Beach Resort on Samui so noisy, even the Thai staff is complaining. But life must be a party 24/7/365.

I moved away from Samui because of noise and crazy traffic. Where i am now it is much better but still too noisy for my taste.

In a couple of years it might be same same.

I feel the same as Spidermike.

Since when does NB plays loud music 24/7 ? Even on a Sunday its not too loud to have a conversation, and the rest of the week the place is half dead......no need to generalize here!

What has Sunday got to do with it ? This is a Buddhist country. Sunday is a Christian day of celebration. facepalm.gif

Have you seen the car the owner drives around in ? Do you know how much a car like that costs in Thailand ? And you need to ask how he gets away with playing loud music

Ha ha so he gets away with it because he has a nice car ha ha

• Like 1

THIS IS THAILAND. THIS IS ASIA. Noise pollution, air pollution, water pollution, garbage disposal everywhere, even right next to 5-star hotels.

Asians couldn't care less... many Caucasians as well.

Nikki Beach Resort on Samui so noisy, even the Thai staff is complaining. But life must be a party 24/7/365.

I moved away from Samui because of noise and crazy traffic. Where i am now it is much better but still too noisy for my taste.

In a couple of years it might be same same.

I feel the same as Spidermike.

Since when does NB plays loud music 24/7 ? Even on a Sunday its not too loud to have a conversation, and the rest of the week the place is half dead......no need to generalize here!

What has Sunday got to do with it ? This is a Buddhist country. Sunday is a Christian day of celebration. facepalm.gif

Not any more I have noticed that since Thais or some Thais have found out that we take Sundays off or some of us they have used it as an excuse to do the same lol

biggrin.png Lamborghini (said by staff to cost 35 million baht, which sounds correct), plus a number of other fancy cars...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So many complaints about loud music, but is'nt there a Decible limit to this music, and if so, who controls it. If the music is constantly over the limit, then surely there will be licence to complain to a certain authority. Its no good whinging here on TV, the mods cannot help you.

Controlling decibels limits in Thailand? laugh.pngtongue.pngrolleyes.gif

Reading this topic brings to mind Statler and Waldorf the Muppet characters

250px-Statler_and_Waldorf.jpg

"This is Thailand"

Hmmm Pattaya TV readers must be more cerebral than I am. I have no idea what this post means (and I never watched the Muppets - it was after my childhood). coffee1.gif

sorry.gifofftopic.gif

"This is Thailand"

Hmmm Pattaya TV readers must be more cerebral than I am. I have no idea what this post means (and I never watched the Muppets - it was after my childhood). coffee1.gif

sorry.gifofftopic.gif

Didn’t have Muppet Show at my childhood either, but I’m happy I never grew too old for a good laugh – spot on (topic)... thumbsup.gif

"This is Thailand"

sorry.gifofftopic.gif

On topic actually:

Statler and Waldorf are two grumpy old men always complaining about things that they have no control over and will never be able to change. They also continue to moan and grown and criticize others achievements and people that are doing well.

• Like 1

sorry.gifofftopic.gif

On topic actually:

Statler and Waldorf are two grumpy old men always complaining about things that they have no control over and will never be able to change. They also continue to moan and grown and criticize others achievements and people that are doing well.

It was my reply that was offtopic.gif and thank you for the explanation wai.gif

• Like 1

i don't like ark bar but i don't understand why people who are complaining don't go in more quiet place ?

The aspect that most of the defenders on this post do not seem to understand is that they are on he he beach, and have their speakers pointed out across the bay, so anyone on the entire coast, or on the opposing hillsides is subject to their incredibly loud noise, every night until at least 2am. Not a pretty thing to have to listen to. They have been warned repeatedly, and pay attention to nobody, as they are very obviously above the law, and that is both police, and military law.

• Like 1

i don't like ark bar but i don't understand why people who are complaining don't go in more quiet place ?

The aspect that most of the defenders on this post do not seem to understand is that they are on he he beach, and have their speakers pointed out across the bay, so anyone on the entire coast, or on the opposing hillsides is subject to their incredibly loud noise, every night until at least 2am. Not a pretty thing to have to listen to. They have been warned repeatedly, and pay attention to nobody, as they are very obviously above the law, and that is both police, and military law.

I do not understand how the ocean facing speakers from Ark Bar are having a negative effect on hillside residences behind it or Lamai beach whic is around the corner. Ark Bar faces Cambodia/Vietnam and sound doesn't change direction over open spaces. People in Meanam or Bang Rak can hear loud parties on Phanghan though as it is pointed straight at them.

• Like 1