Is life better in the land of smiles

sesdaman

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what 100 baht buys me in Thailand.

1. Haircut and a shave, includes tip.

2. One hour massage.

3.One hour of playing snooker in an airconditioned room with a markee to spot the balls and bring food/drinks etc.

4. 3 litres of diesel, the windscreen washed, a free bottle of water thrown in, all I do is wind the window down and the attendant does it all for me, no need to leave the truck.

How far does 100 baht go in farangistan?

1lb of Mature Cheddar!

Easy to get a definitive answer. Put all your costs in two columns. One for the West and another for Thailand. Start with the expensive things and work down. How much cheddar do you consume per month as opposed to how much do you pay for housing?

Housing has to be most people's number one and so on...... For example my loan payments in the USA would be 44,888 baht per month in Thailand 16,000 for the same thing. Trash collection 2,211 baht in the West in Thailand 120 per month. So far I have saved about 31,979 per month to buy cheese.

MY TRASH COLLECTION IN THAILAND IS 40 BAHT PER MONTH,COLLECTIONS TWICE A WEEK

Edited by Bernard Flint
  • Like 2

Here is what 100 baht buys me in Thailand.

1. Haircut and a shave, includes tip.

2. One hour massage.

3.One hour of playing snooker in an airconditioned room with a markee to spot the balls and bring food/drinks etc.

4. 3 litres of diesel, the windscreen washed, a free bottle of water thrown in, all I do is wind the window down and the attendant does it all for me, no need to leave the truck.

How far does 100 baht go in farangistan?

1lb of Mature Cheddar!

Easy to get a definitive answer. Put all your costs in two columns. One for the West and another for Thailand. Start with the expensive things and work down. How much cheddar do you consume per month as opposed to how much do you pay for housing?

Housing has to be most people's number one and so on...... For example my loan payments in the USA would be 44,888 baht per month in Thailand 16,000 for the same thing. Trash collection 2,211 baht in the West in Thailand 120 per month. So far I have saved about 31,979 per month to buy cheese.

MY TRASH COLLECTION IN THAILAND IS 40 BAHT PER MONTH,COLLECTIONS TWICE A WEEK

My rubbish collection (council tax) 2 years ago was £191/month (10,000 Thb). Here it is free because I just burn it.