Thai Bank Cheques

I suppose it depends on the bank and maybe the banking regulations in the country where you're depositing the check. I've deposited checks to my bank in Korea and the only thing is that I have to wait for about a month for the check to clear before I can access the money. The same deal in every country where I've tried to deposit a foreign check. You may also have to pay some service charge and they may also charge you a percent of the check amount. If you want to actually cash it, meaning get immediate cash, I think you'll likely have a problem wherever you go outside of Thailand.

I suppose it depends on the bank and maybe the banking regulations in the country where you're depositing the check. I've deposited checks to my bank in Korea and the only thing is that I have to wait for about a month for the check to clear before I can access the money. The same deal in every country where I've tried to deposit a foreign check. You may also have to pay some service charge and they may also charge you a percent of the check amount. If you want to actually cash it, meaning get immediate cash, I think you'll likely have a problem wherever you go outside of Thailand.

Thanks Soju, was it a Thai check that you deposited into your Korea bank ?

Reference the waiting this wont be problem, its not for immediate cash. If its a month then so be it.

Yes, checks from Thailand as well as various other countries all have been no problem. But one thing you may want to watch for is if the check is payable in Thai Baht, you may get a very bad exchange rate in another country. So if possible you should have the check made payable in US Dollars, Euros, or whatever the currency is in the country you want to cash it in.

Yes, checks from Thailand as well as various other countries all have been no problem. But one thing you may want to watch for is if the check is payable in Thai Baht, you may get a very bad exchange rate in another country. So if possible you should have the check made payable in US Dollars, Euros, or whatever the currency is in the country you want to cash it in.

I think the check will certainly be payable in Thai baht. Im not so much worried about the exchange rate, my concern is if the banks will accept them at all !