New Sports Bar Kad Falang

PostmanPat

Daamnaam, they did post prices, but the post got deleted.

A bit odd I think. All this talk about a new bar, but then when they respond it gets deleted. The gist of it was that they've a taken most comments on board and adjusted their prices to what would be quite reasonable for most of their prospective customers in Chiang Mai. Similar prices to the likes of UN Irish if I remember rightly.

• Like 2

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not post their prices?

Are they afraid of scarring people away?

It seems to be working.

Every restaurant in CM posts their menu and prices online, even Le Crystal the 5 star French joint.

This attitude is doing them no favours whatsoever, no skin off my nose, nor anyone else giving comments here. It's called "constructive criticism".

At a guess I would say most bar/restaurants don't post their prices on their website. To suggest that every restaurant does is ridiculous. Want any examples?

I think you're already scarred.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe
  • Like 1

A bit odd I think. All this talk about a new bar, but then when they respond it gets deleted. The gist of it was that they've a taken most comments on board and adjusted their prices to what would be quite reasonable for most of their prospective customers in Chiang Mai. Similar prices to the likes of UN Irish if I remember rightly.

must pay to advertise. its forum econ 101. the possessor of 900 posts...your confusion is puzzling.

• Like 1

must pay to advertise. its forum econ 101. the possessor of 900 posts...your confusion is puzzling.

Correct, would have thought it obvious especially on the CM forum. But let's not continue on that path as it is heading into commenting on moderation decisions and should be clear enough now.

Please let me know about the liquidation sale. I'm looking to buy a few bar stools.

You forgot to mention the c word.

It's one thing being miserable, and negative, it's another to let everyone know about it. I find it interesting how Cheap Charlie's are offended by places that have prices that don't suit them. They take it personally. Sometimes to the point of being bitter, resentful and spiteful

Edited by Chiengmaijoe
  • Like 1

I was asked by my friend who works for The Game to post this minus the prices because his acct got banned for some reason......

From The Game Management:

"We have read each and every post regarding our recently opened sports bar and appreciate both the positive and negative comments that have been made. We are writing now to address the each comment and explain that we are committed to correcting our mistakes so that we can offer the residents of Chiang Mai the same experience we have been offering Bangkok for the last few years. We opened The Game in Kad Farang Village 3 weeks ago and had a grand opening last weekend with the intention to be the first new business open in the newly developed Kad Farang Village. We did this as wanted to have the best business in the complex when the entire complex opens in November and figured being open now would allow us to get our staff trained and resolve any issues we may have. We had optimistic goals which allowed us to make a number of mistakes, mostly with regard to specifically servicing the Chiang Mai market. We brought with us to Chiang Mai the exact same menu we use in Bangkok and now realize our pricing was out of line for many of our menu items for the Chiang Mai market. The pricing issue has been dealt with and a newly revised menu will be in place this week. We also had issues with being able to offer the full scope of sporting events in a organized and consistent matter but we assure this has also been resolved and you can find a full schedule of events in the restaurant and on our facebook page. We will be showing all the major sporting events of each day on the big screen along with 3 outdoor TV's and on as many as 5 additional indoor TV's and will be using the sound system to broadcast the vent showing on the big screen. The remaining TV's will show other sporting events. During those times when there are not any major sporting events we will be playing music.

While we again thank the Thaivisa forum readers and members that have posted in this forum thread. there have been a number of inaccurate and disappointing comments made in this particular thread. We don't serve satay, we have never sold large bottles of Leo beer and definitely never marketed ourselves to a specific high brow clientele. We have corrected our mistakes and hope you stop by and enjoy all we have to offer."

Can't say fairer than that. :)

BUT I won't go to a place that only sells small beers, what ever the price. I like big beers

and feel that an establishment that refuses to sell them is only interested in ripping me off on small beer prices.

Maybe not true, but this is Chiang Mai, BIG beer country.

(Having said that, I'm currently on the wagon so not any bar's ideal customer!)

• Like 1

Just left The Game

AFL on the large screen

NRL on other tvs

Had a 95thb pint of Leo

They are listening but it seems its easier for people to complain behind a computer than pay a visit to check the place out themselves.

Also heard them say they will launching a 99thb breakfast with coffee or tea in the next few days

Just out of interest, how much did your 95 baht pint of Leo actually cost? 95+12% 106.4? or Just 95 baht?

As the starter of this thread, just had a PM from, I think, one of the managers of The Game advising significant reductions on drinks prices. Most Thai beers down to 120 a pint, and draft Leo down to 100 a pint. Reductions also on Guinness/ Kilkenny, and wines and spirits.

Reductions also in food prices. All credit to them for listening to the (mostly) constructive criticism in this thread!

I m not in any way connected by the way just passing this info on in good faith.

• Like 1

What do they mean ,out pf coverage area? I live about 3 km further south and have CTH.

Thats what the manager, Damon ( I spoke to him on Sunday) has been told so far by CTH ! Another example of a Thai compny which doesnt know one hand from the other?! Join the long list which certainly includes Truevision !!

The CTH issue has been corrected. If i remember correctly, we had the issue sorted buy the 18th. Since the 18th we have been and will continue to provide you with all the great CTH "live" events for your enjoyment.

95 + 7% vat

101.65 for an ice cold pint in a nice air conditioned sports atmosphere

How can u go wrong

And the only interest i have in the game is to see my friends succeed

How do they give 35 satang change? We are frugal up north wink.png

Keeping your Thursday special men's night? Looked good to me.

We will be revamping our Thursday men's night. Our new and improved drink menu prices are now 1 baht more than a few of the Men's night specials. This is something we are working on. The spirits and draught will still be at the 99 baht special we will rework the rest.

Their sign out the front says "All the sports, all the time", it should read.."some sports, some of the time".

I don't really see how sports bars work in Thailand. Most US sports are too early in the morning and most European sports are too late if they're midweek. That leaves showing European sport on Saturday and Sunday, so you'd have to have other options for Monday to Friday to compete with everywhere else. I rarely watch sport if it's not Live, and certainly wouldn't go out to watch recorded games and I'm assuming that most people are like me.

The most popular Live sport in bars is almost certainly The Premier League, but even then, other than Man. Utd and Liverpool you'd be surprised how little interest there is in say, Chelsea, Man. City and even Arsenal, never mind the lower teams such as Newcastle. I've often seen a bar more or less empty out after a game with either of those two top teams, even when the next game was the likes of Chelsea v Spurs!

I wonder whether he'll be showing the likes of cricket and rugby? Cricket attracts the guys that will sit there for hours on end nursing a beer, as does Formula 1. Rugby will have him checking if he has enough pint glasses and a spare barrel or two.

At a guess, I,d say that the UN Irish is the most popular expats bar for sport, but as well as they may do from sport at the weekend, he still has to have the likes of Live music nights and a quiz night to get people in on other nights. People will certainly gaze at his reruns, but I doubt if anyone has gone there just for that.

Already asked them about Aussie rules, answer was it's not on true visions. Cricket isn't either.

Apart from the opening party with free buffet the place looks dead.

Can't see it working out. But for the investors sake i hope it does.

No EPL, Aussie Rules or Cricket.............what exactly makes it a sports bar?

We have EPL, Aussie Rules and are working on Cricket.

• Like 1

Word has it they lowered their food and alcohol prices drastically

Stop by and check it out

Instead of having to stop by to "check it out" why can't they get up a proper website (thegamechiangmai.com still redirects to Bangkok site) where people can see what their prices and any specials are?

This is one of the worst business launches I have seen for an establishment trying to compete on this level. They started off on the wrong foot with their exorbitant prices trying to see if they could find enough takers to overpay instead of offering reasonable prices right from the start. It was always going to be a challenge with the high overhead I am sure they have but they should have focused on building goodwill and a steady flow of customers which they did not.

If they are still around next year I will be surprised. Places like this are usually gone within a matter of months after opening and I doubt this will be any different this time. Maybe when they are gone someone with a little more business savvy can open a similar type bar/restaurant and make it work. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one though.

Why you always have to be negative?

Is your life that bad?

In my opinion 1 website works.

Sizzler has one site that lists all there locations

Why should they post their prices

Go there and check it out yourself. dont be a lazy bitter person

Why not post their prices?

Are they afraid of scarring people away?

It seems to be working.

Every restaurant in CM posts their menu and prices online, even Le Crystal the 5 star French joint.

This attitude is doing them no favours whatsoever, no skin off my nose, nor anyone else giving comments here. It's called "constructive criticism".

We would love to post all our prices on thaivisa we are waiting for the ok to do so from the thaivisa support team. However we have revamped all our pricing for the Chaing Mai location. We will be posting the new drink and food menu's on our facebook page.

So what are the current specials? Saw on their facebook page buy 2 Chiang Export get 1 free but didn't say if they were large or small bottles and what the price was. Would have thought they could have the website up and running by now but that hasn't happened either.

We will not be offering the buy 2 Chang get 1 free anymore. Now our Chang regular price is 70 baht for the small and if you buy 3 its 10 baht cheaper than the old special. Please come is and see all of our price changes. We are unable to post them on this thread.

I live literally 3 minutes from the game and I have not visited yet other than multiple times to the Rimping supermarket next door and the reason is the prices and what I have read here to be fair though I don't normally go out drinking around Hang Dong but my family and I eat out multiple times a week and we visited the Rosewood multiple times even though that was also mediocre but the familly liked it there on occasion.

Now I am not short of money I do very well but I still cannot stomach paying those prices for food or beer, I travel a lot and have no problem paying those prices if I am in Bangkok or even more if I am in LA or NY but we are in Chiang Mai and it would have to be really something special for me to take my family there (5 of us) which means the bill would be at least 2000 baht according to prices stated on this thread and sorry I would not do it even though I can afford it

A note to the owners if they are reading this

Take a look at DUKES they have a great reputation and as you can see from the posts above people will travel from far and wide to eat there and while its not as pricey as your place the food is excellent and still on the high side for Chiang mai and if they are making a solid profit then so can you the portions are good size and tastes good according to patrons and that is something that should be taken notice of since it will be imperative to the success of your business.

As far as Beer I drink Chang (because I like it) and I would never pay more than 120 baht for a large bottle 100 Baht is optimum but 120 would be maximum not because I am cheap but because that is a fair price for surroundings in CM

I hope this place stays too but its not looking good at the start if they cannot get people like me through the door when I live just a few minutes away.

Thank you for you input. Please stop by and give us a chance. I would have to say with our newly priced menu, you and your family will be able to eat and it will be comparable or even less than The Dukes. We offer Chang Pints for 95 baht and we would love to have you and your family in for a meal and your feedback.

• Like 2

I stopped in and had lunch . I had been for warned , the prices were steep and the food was well lets just say Dukes ahs nothing to worry about . I had a Chili Cheese dog with fries and a coke lite .

Chili Cheese dog was 160 baht was very small from what I expected . The fries were good . Coke lite 80 baht . That's steep , The staff was nice . But I can assure you that will be my one and only visit . Have talked to may that were at the grand opening and they all said the same ... Two times I have been by there it did not look like they were going to be any lines ta the door ...

If I want a good meal I ll drive to the Dukes .....

I live next door to it and I'll drive to The Dukes...

We would love to have you back you can now have a Chili Cheese dog for 125 baht and a Coke lite for 40 baht. All of our items have been repriced. If pricing was your only problem than the extra cost to drive out to The Dukes should bring you in. Please check our facebook page we will have an updated menu up very soon.

• Like 2

I stopped in and had lunch . I had been for warned , the prices were steep and the food was well lets just say Dukes ahs nothing to worry about . I had a Chili Cheese dog with fries and a coke lite .

Chili Cheese dog was 160 baht was very small from what I expected . The fries were good . Coke lite 80 baht . That's steep , The staff was nice . But I can assure you that will be my one and only visit . Have talked to may that were at the grand opening and they all said the same ... Two times I have been by there it did not look like they were going to be any lines ta the door ...

If I want a good meal I ll drive to the Dukes .....

I live next door to it and I'll drive to The Dukes...

We would love to have you back you can now have a Chili Cheese dog for 125 baht and a Coke lite for 40 baht. All of our items have been repriced. If pricing was your only problem than the extra cost to drive out to The Dukes should bring you in. Please check our facebook page we will have an updated menu up very soon.

That sounds good.

I live literally 3 minutes from the game and I have not visited yet other than multiple times to the Rimping supermarket next door and the reason is the prices and what I have read here to be fair though I don't normally go out drinking around Hang Dong but my family and I eat out multiple times a week and we visited the Rosewood multiple times even though that was also mediocre but the familly liked it there on occasion.

Now I am not short of money I do very well but I still cannot stomach paying those prices for food or beer, I travel a lot and have no problem paying those prices if I am in Bangkok or even more if I am in LA or NY but we are in Chiang Mai and it would have to be really something special for me to take my family there (5 of us) which means the bill would be at least 2000 baht according to prices stated on this thread and sorry I would not do it even though I can afford it

A note to the owners if they are reading this

Take a look at DUKES they have a great reputation and as you can see from the posts above people will travel from far and wide to eat there and while its not as pricey as your place the food is excellent and still on the high side for Chiang mai and if they are making a solid profit then so can you the portions are good size and tastes good according to patrons and that is something that should be taken notice of since it will be imperative to the success of your business.

As far as Beer I drink Chang (because I like it) and I would never pay more than 120 baht for a large bottle 100 Baht is optimum but 120 would be maximum not because I am cheap but because that is a fair price for surroundings in CM

I hope this place stays too but its not looking good at the start if they cannot get people like me through the door when I live just a few minutes away.

Thank you for you input. Please stop by and give us a chance. I would have to say with our newly priced menu, you and your family will be able to eat and it will be comparable or even less than The Dukes. We offer Chang Pints for 95 baht and we would love to have you and your family in for a meal and your feedback.

A decent reply....

• Like 1