Woman with Ebola Symptoms Dies in Abu Dhabi Airport - Reports

webfact

Woman with Ebola Symptoms Dies in Abu Dhabi Airport - Reports

DUBAI, August 18 (RIA Novosti) - A woman flying from Nigeria to India for cancer treatment died in the transit zone of the Abu Dhabi airport and was diagnosed with Ebola-like symptoms, United Arab Emirates media reported Monday.

The 35-year-old woman started feeling sick during her transit at the airport on Sunday. The airport's medical staff examined the patient and stated that her symptoms consistent with the deadly Ebola virus, which has affected Nigeria among several other western and central African countries.

The woman died the same day. Six people, including the doctors and the woman's husband have been isolated and are being observed. No symptoms of the virus have been detected in them. The UAE Health Ministry says the passengers from the same flight are out of risk.

Full story: http://en.ria.ru/world/20140818/192104860/Woman-with-Ebola-Symptoms-Dies-in-Abu-Dhabi-Airport---Reports.html

-- RIA Novosti 2014-08-18

Nigerian who died in UAE may have shown signs consistent with Ebola
DUBAI

(Reuters) - A Nigerian woman with cancer who died in the Emirati capital had shown signs "that may be consistent with Ebola", the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi said on Sunday.

The 35-year-old woman was traveling to India from Nigeria via Abu Dhabi to seek treatment for advanced cancer when her health deteriorated during her time in transit at Abu Dhabi's airport, the authority said in a statement according to the state WAM news agency.

"It was noted at the time of resuscitation that she had shown signs that may be consistent with Ebola virus infection, although her existing medical condition provided an adequate medical explanation," WAM quoted the statement as saying.

Full story: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/17/us-emirates-ebola-idUSKBN0GH0LR20140817

reuterslogo.jpg
-- Reuters 2014-08-18

Hell even Weston-super-Mare's General Hospital was quarantined for Ebola . . . .

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/man-sparks-ebola-scare-uk-hospital-1461510

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ebola-outbreak-patient-quarantined-british-4063084

That's about a mile and a half from my present position.

But alas it was not to be. And there was I, hopeful it was going to take out the local douche bag estate.

Edited by MJP
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One doesn't usually die the same day the symptoms start.....She could have thrown a thrombo, had a CVA or MI, or she died from her cancer..

Don't expect any truth what really happened and what is the risk we are involved ...

It would be panic world wide.

Remember some movies ???...

who needs a time to run and survive .....and who will be left to die ?

The truth can not be said under any conditions.

It will be flue or something else...only you will know or not what you have....

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

So if she had it or not is neither here nor there. why are all country continuing to be put at risk with passenger coming and going on international flights from infected areas. pathetic.

You suggest that people who stay in a country where Ebola has been detected, should be prohibited from traveling home or elsewhere in the world ?

So if she had it or not is neither here nor there. why are all country continuing to be put at risk with passenger coming and going on international flights from infected areas. pathetic.

You suggest that people who stay in a country where Ebola has been detected, should be prohibited from traveling home or elsewhere in the world ?

At some point - not now - there may have to be a kind of quarantine for travellers from high risk countries *before* boarding a plane. Although the transmission of ebola is through body fluids only (so it is believed), further outbreaks will eventually mandate that.

Personally I believe that ebola will come to Europe on a ship with a few hundred refugees, most of them infected by Poor hygiene on board, and will immediately spread in holding camps. So Italy to be hit first in this scenario.

I just hope this virus does not get used as a weapon. Imagine somebody getting access to blood samples, body fluids from live or dead victims. Contamination of food and water supplies? This was done during the dark ages/medieval ages when party parts were catapulted over castle walls, and put in water supplies.

It's very dangerous virus and I doubt that it would be easy to handle. If some of the groups were to give it a try, I have a feeling they would end up reducing their own numbers significantly.

It's very dangerous virus and I doubt that it would be easy to handle. If some of the groups were to give it a try, I have a feeling they would end up reducing their own numbers significantly.

Not dealing with the best and the brightest, they also have suicidal tendancies.