Extension of Non-Immigrant 'O' Visa at Hua Hin - Let's Be Positive For Once!

So what about bringing with you, and filling out the TM30, didn´t you have to do that? Have heard from several immigration-officies now these recent days, that they demand that to be in the pile of documents... Plse let me know!!

Glegolo

So what about bringing with you, and filling out the TM30, didn´t you have to do that? Have heard from several immigration-officies now these recent days, that they demand that to be in the pile of documents... Plse let me know!!

Glegolo

I had proof of residence with me, in the form of my rental agreement and a copy of the owners 'house book' or whatever they call it, but they didn't require it. They even gave me a new 90 day proof of residence reporting date from today, when I was expecting to have to report in September, which would be 90 days from when I last entered Thailand.

Glegolo

I had proof of residence with me, in the form of my rental agreement and a copy of the owners 'house book' or whatever they call it, but they didn't require it. They even gave me a new 90 day proof of residence reporting date from today, when I was expecting to have to report in September, which would be 90 days from when I last entered Thailand.

The only documents I produced were photocopies of various stamps in my passport, those being my original Non-Immigrant 'O' visa, my current visa extension for the purposes of retirement, my current multiple re-entry permit, my last re-entry stamp and my TM6 departure card, stamped when I last entered Thailand on 24th June. Also my proof of income, which was in the form of a statutory declaration as I am travelling on an Australian passport. They didn't even ask me for further proof of that, although obviously I had proof with me just in case. All of these were in duplicate, as I was applying for both an extension and a multiple re-entry permit. Easy.

For an extension of stay, it is not a requirement for the applicant to submit the form TM.30. That form is for the house master to submit, if a particular immigration office enforces this requirement, and is completely separate from the extension application. There are other, recent topic discussing this, so please let us not derail this topic.

Extension of Non-Immigrant 'O' Visa at Hua Hin - Let's Be Positive For Once!

Let's be accurate for once. It's not an extension of a visa. It's an extension of immigrations' permission to stay. Not a visa. Visas are from embassies/consulates and can never be extended. Extensions/Permissions to stay are from Immigrations offices.

As far as being positive is concerned, there are numerous posts applauding the efficiency and professionalism of officers at various offices, in particular Jomtien.

Nice that you have positive things to say as opposed to the typical TV whinging, but it's not just "for once."

Edited by Suradit69

Are you sure that you got a new ninety-day report date? Some other posters and, I think, ubonjoe have said that an extension of stay is not the same as a ninety-day report. I could be wrong. Just checking.

Are you sure that you got a new ninety-day report date? Some other posters and, I think, ubonjoe have said that an extension of stay is not the same as a ninety-day report. I could be wrong. Just checking.

It's not and yes I have.

I have seen one or two other posts by members saying that immigration synchronised their 90-day notification with the new extension. Good of the Hua Hin office to do this.

• Like 1

Sorry what is TM7 and TM8, I'm doing my first retirement visa one year extension, for the purposes of retirement, of my Non-Immigrant 'O' visa and a multiple re-entry permit next october. I'm living in Hua Hin to, and was also surprised for the kindness of the immigration staff for my 90 days.

• Like 1

Sorry what is TM7 and TM8, I'm doing my first retirement visa one year extension, for the purposes of retirement, of my Non-Immigrant 'O' visa and a multiple re-entry permit next october. I'm living in Hua Hin to, and was also surprised for the kindness of the immigration staff for my 90 days.

TM7 is the application form for the extension of stay.

TM8 is the application form for a re-entry permit.

You can download them here, http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Be sure you print the TM7 form two sided.

of course it is not.... is a pea and a coliflower the same?

nothing to say when it is ok, as it should be always anyway.......! the thing is that people complain when there is something to complain about.

now today you have been a lucky boy...fine...... but tomorrow could be diferent.

coffee1.gif

Yesterday I did my 90 day report...retirement extension and reentry permit at Cheang Wattana and immigration officers were great. Getting there was crazy and getting back to Asok as double crazy.

Edited by IAMSOBAD

It's not and yes I have.

I have seen one or two other posts by members saying that immigration synchronised their 90-day notification with the new extension. Good of the Hua Hin office to do this.

Sure wish Chiang Mai immigration did this, it took me over 2 1/2 hours to do my 90 day at CM two weeks ago. Last year I obtained a Re-Entry permit at HH immigration. Pretty interns in front helped me with the paper work and I was on my way in 15 minutes with the permit. Big positive for the Hua Hin office.

For an extension of stay, it is not a requirement for the applicant to submit the form TM.30. That form is for the house master to submit, if a particular immigration office enforces this requirement, and is completely separate from the extension application. There are other, recent topic discussing this, so please let us not derail this topic.

not wishing to hijack this thread, as you say tm 30 i supposed to be the responsibility of the house master

BUT when i renewed my extension 2 weeks ago the immigration gave me a tm30 told me to give it to the house master to fill in, then I myself was to bring it back and get it stamed by the immigration

not wishing to hijack this thread, as you say tm 30 i supposed to be the responsibility of the house master

BUT when i renewed my extension 2 weeks ago the immigration gave me a tm30 told me to give it to the house master to fill in, then I myself was to bring it back and get it stamed by the immigration

Which Immigration office? As we all know, different offices and different officers interpret the rules differently, or sometimes make up their own. Guess you were just unlucky, but I certainly wasn't asked to provide that information. Good luck.

I always had positive response with Pattaya Immigration as well. As you mentioned I know what papers are needed. I prepare everything to the detail. Depending on the rush I renew my retirement visa without any problem at all within 20 min to an hour.

Good tips to everyone is that always get all your documents needed ready when they see that you the law and you know what you doing they will never try anything faulty.

• Like 1

well i just got back from phuket im trying to change a 60 tr to a non o visa for retirement and the wanted a copy of a house book . i live in a hotel so how do i di that

was turned away for not having one ??????

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Glegolo

That's always been a requirement but only recently have some offices been insisting on it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Glegolo

That's always been a requirement but only recently have some offices been insisting on it.

I'm not sure it is and I did not require it. See also, post #5 above from Maestro.