Briton Arrested For Killing Thai Girlfriend

george

BTW Mr. my-wife-is Laos-not-Issan.....my wife is an Issan lady and speaks English. She is smart enough to know that speaking English is an asset. The tone of your post seems to suggest that Issan women are inferior to Lao women........

LDB

Hey totally Agree, I lived in Laos for 2 years and have known many Lao Girls both good and bad every7 where my friends. Why would you learn to speak read and write Thai when you are married to a Lao. bit strange too.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow....what an original idea. Will they ever learn? :o

He must have loved her dearly, and wished not to part with her.

She must have loved him dearly too and only wanted to part for his sake otherwise, she will not ask for a seperation.

Sounds reasonable enough.

I think the point was brought up due to the large number of newbies that have crawled out of the woodwork for this topic, and the often outlandish opinions expressed by some of those newbies.

Examples:

"A punishment should be applied with a jail term but nothing to long." (member with 4 posts)

"LOVE REALLY???? OH FOR GODS SAKE 62 YR OLD LOVE 26 LUST MOST FARANGS HERE ARE SICK PERVERTS THAT ARE TO STUPID OR UGLY TO FIND SOMEONE IN THERE OWN COUNTRY." (member with 2 posts)

"How can anyone trust a Thai when According to the Bangkok post, caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said Saturday that corruption is quite normal in life and to be expected." (member with 7 posts)

"Get a life you sad ######,s she tried it on and she lost" (member with 5 posts)

"You sad ######s she Was a TART" (same member, now with 6 posts)

"Does it really matter? She probaly got what she deserved." (member with 5 posts)

"dont be so hard on these good old falang criminals, there mommy obviously did'nt love them and after all pattaya is a top place for them to have a bit of fun after serving there time to society. besides what would all the girlies do without there money that they stole off me and you." (member with 3 posts, all in this thread)

"Are your stupid or what.The guy obviuosly planed killing this girl.and should get the death penalty." (member with 11 posts)

"this is in no way an attempt to plead the guy unguilty but anyone who lives here for a while knows how these public lady's lifestyle is.Anyone know they lie and cheat as they believe in it theirselves.But they do it in such an unprofessional way that it is easy to find out the truth.

And anyone also knows how their temper is when they are confronted with their own lies and they risk to lose the golden farang goose.

Anyone even considred that this could be an act of self-defence." (member with 14 posts)

This is just a short selection of posts made by various members with 15 or fewer posts in total.

Outrageous comments have been made by members with even more posts, even by some whose post count is in the thousands. Such comments are not limited to newbies, thought the majority of these kinds of comments do seem to come from newbie members.

There have also been some sensible comments made by newbies as well.

I believe raro's "hidden" question is, Where are all you newbies when it comes to other topics ? Why do you wait until a controversial topic like this comes up before you post ?

kerryd, im so sorry that i hav'nt posted as many times as you but just some info on my background that could possibly give me a little experience to comment on this subject. 20 years involvement with thailand and diving business operater for 7 years on koh tao started in 1989 # 2 dive shop after koh samui divers.

dont live here yet but return every 2 months and continue to love thailand and everything it throws up good and bad. this is what draws me back time and again as you never know whats going to happen and its full on all the time with a 1000 stories to tell the punters back home.

dont get me wrong as i realise that there are a very lucky few who have rock solid relationships with thai girls. ( im talking older falang with young girls) but im sorry to say that they are few and far between. the ones that are usually succesfull are the ones were the the ages are more closely matched . some work, some dont same ratio as in western countries.

now as any rational person would admit, if an older male ( 60+) thinks he can manage to pull a (20+) female and it be true love on her part he needs to be heading to the phyciatrist for a little chat as he will surely lose his mind and money as sure as night follows day.

its just insanity on this guys part to even consider that this young girl could truely love him and to buy all those things for her is really unforgiveable stupidity on his part.

we must remember that these girls start with nothing, have no access to social security and must make it any way they can or its back to poverty in there villages eating rice 3 times a day.

when confronted with an older western male making eyes at them flashing money around like theres no tomorrow how can they possibly pass up the oppertunity to make hay whilst the sun shines. its insanity to think any different because thats why they are bar girls as the alternative is more than likely a lowly paid job and a life of poverty.

also we must consider thai responsibility the siblings have to there parents as there is no pension which often means the girls are committed to supply money to the parents till they die. a huge burden for us in the west let alone trying to pull it of in thailand with no goverment hand out.

now the really ugly part of this is that these pretty young things have to sleep with these old ugly, fat, drunk and horrible falang and to me that deserves a payout of a condo and a bar just to even up the score.

now i realise that not all falang fit into this catagory as many treat the girls with respect and are respectable themselves but ive scene some absolute shockers in the past 20 years that do nothing but kill a thai ladies opinion of many of us falang.

if a falang wishs to pursue a genuine relationship he must live permantly in thailand and explore all avenues that are away from the bar girl scene. one might get lucky and find love under these circumstances and myself will go down this path when i move permanently to my favorite place on this earth.

so in conclusion kerryd, im very sorry that i crawled out of the wood work and thrown in my 50 stang worth but the old boy/ young girl thing gives me nothing but constant amusement at the stupidity and misguidence of some people.

its a cracker subject that finally draws me to have a yack and maybe save some poor demented sole from buying a bar girl a condo.

how about a trip to the weekend market? got to be a cheaper option and theres always nice girls getting around there.

i might be a newbe kerryd but ive got a few good ideas dont you think?

ill make a big effort to be more consistant and contribute more often in the future. :o:D:D

Pics from the Thai Rath apparantly

As can be seen the old boy certainly isnt a doddering old fool...Still quite a powerful build for a guy his age.

I've seen this guy in Pattaya before. I never would have thought he was 62.

I also saw her. Does anyone have a picture of her in a vertical position - to confirm?

She was stunning, really. No winners in this except whoever gets the bar and condo - TIT

Has anyone thought if the silly Thai girl didn't rip the old man off, he wouldn't have ripped her life? I am sure that he wouldn't have liked to kill her. She deserved it I reckon !!!

Those who said that he was a blind man... I bet you would do the same thing when you trust someone :o doesn't have to be Thai girls....I meant someone anyone from any part of this little wobbly world.

Being young or old doesn't mean that you have to rip someone off...**edited for offensive comment***

I think Thai girls should be more faithful and thoughtful towards their partners:

1) to save their own lives.

2) to reduce Aids from spreading.

etc...

Why did the victim get him to invest if she didn't want him? .... TYPICAL !?!?!?!

From Thai girl xx

Edited by sbk

Has anyone thought if the silly Thai girl didn't rip the old man off, he wouldn't have ripped her life? I am sure that he wouldn't have liked to kill her. She deserved it I reckon !!!

Those who said that he was a blind man... I bet you would do the same thing when you trust someone :D doesn't have to be Thai girls....I meant someone anyone from any part of this little wobbly world.

Being young or old doesn't mean that you have to rip someone off...**edited for offensive comment***

I think Thai girls should be more faithful and thoughtful towards their partners:

etc...

Why did the victim get him to invest if she didn't want him? .... TYPICAL !?!?!?!

From Thai girl xx

Really? A Thai girl posted this? Where do you reside then that you would write this charming piece of trite :o

I am predicting a very short posting life here for that one!

I guess I qualify as a 'newbie' too because I don't post often and only on subjects that interest me or where some other posts stir me into doing so.

I have some sympathy for both the girl and the guy, the girl was obviously playing a game not uncommon in Pattaya, Phuket or where ever. Did she deserve to die? No way, can I understand the guys anger and loss of control? To some extent yes, but he could have found some other way to get his own back if he felt he must.

The age difference, I'm not sure if the guy expected the young wife to love him with a passion but at least he probably expected that for what he was providing there would have been some gratitude and fidelity. My thai wife is 37, I'm 69, our daughter is 16 and in High School, will it last forever, dunno, but I hope it will. If it doesn't I'd say thanks for the last 18 years, I'll miss the cooking, the massages and the affection.

In todays Thai language newspapers, you will find where a Thai man in Uttaradit chopped his wifes head off because she said he was as dumb as a buffalo. It will be interesting to see who gets the longest sentence because of mitigating circumstances.

All you young handsome experts who know that the girls choose you for those qualities rather than a chance to marry a falang and improve their and their families live, Gee, I just wish I had your conceit. :o

I think the point was brought up due to the large number of newbies that have crawled out of the woodwork for this topic, and the often outlandish opinions expressed by some of those newbies.

Outrageous comments have been made by members with even more posts, even by some whose post count is in the thousands. Such comments are not limited to newbies, thought the majority of these kinds of comments do seem to come from newbie members.

There have also been some sensible comments made by newbies as well.

I believe raro's "hidden" question is, Where are all you newbies when it comes to other topics ? Why do you wait until a controversial topic like this comes up before you post ?

exactly!

Didn't want to offend anybody, but I noticed that this thread has both, a lot of highly insensitive comments and lots of posts from newbies. And as Kerry showed, lots of those comments were actually made by newbies. Then again, a high post count does not make people smarter either! :o

Looks like In opened up a can of worms, but just wanted to raise some awareness - also influenced by another post I read yesterday regarding a fatal accident of a girl and a friend of hers who read through the piss-taking comments on this board. Tried to find that post to put the link in here, but couldn't get a hold of it.

Cheers

raro

I guess I qualify as a 'newbie' too because I don't post often and only on subjects that interest me or where some other posts stir me into doing so.

I have some sympathy for both the girl and the guy, the girl was obviously playing a game not uncommon in Pattaya, Phuket or where ever. Did she deserve to die? No way, can I understand the guys anger and loss of control? To some extent yes, but he could have found some other way to get his own back if he felt he must.

The age difference, I'm not sure if the guy expected the young wife to love him with a passion but at least he probably expected that for what he was providing there would have been some gratitude and fidelity. My thai wife is 37, I'm 69, our daughter is 16 and in High School, will it last forever, dunno, but I hope it will. If it doesn't I'd say thanks for the last 18 years, I'll miss the cooking, the massages and the affection.

In todays Thai language newspapers, you will find where a Thai man in Uttaradit chopped his wifes head off because she said he was as dumb as a buffalo. It will be interesting to see who gets the longest sentence because of mitigating circumstances.

All you young handsome experts who know that the girls choose you for those qualities rather than a chance to marry a falang and improve their and their families live, Gee, I just wish I had your conceit. wink.gif

:o Well put, sir. I'm 41 and my wife is 29 - we've been married for 6 years - if it goes sour, I'd say thanks for those years too. With the big age difference, I'd understand.

I guess she didn't deserve to die, but what did she epect the guy to do - say" 'mai pen rai', all the best"?

What, are you this guys' buddy? He murders this chick who is half his age and you think he should get just a couple of years in jail? Thanks for your opinion.

just using this quote as an example,and ok i may have not made the most posts here but it seems that a large amount of the opinion on these forums now comes fom people who appear make a few inflamatory posts and are never seen again.

guess the quality of the membership is taking a downward turn!

for my tuppence they should have both known better than to create a situation with a small probability of a happy ending and a high probability of tears and grief.

an equal balance of blame in my opinion.

crime of passion? for her the passion for money,for him the passion for a younger woman that could make him happy.

I am predicting a very short posting life here for that one!

All you young handsome experts who know that the girls choose you for those qualities rather than a chance to marry a falang and improve their and their families live, Gee, I just wish I had your conceit. :o

Waiting for the <deleted> to reply who think a young Thai girl and older farang relationship can't work. I'm 50 the TW 25; one year together. You've been together 18 years.....wow.....here's to another 18. :D

I treat the wife much better than her 1st husband (a Thai). After 1 month of marriage he simply left because her family would not support HIM. Guess he thought he was too good to work. She asks for little and gives a lot. I got the best end of the deal; sometimes I forget that and take her for granted.......shame on me.

LDB

so in conclusion kerryd, im very sorry that i crawled out of the wood work and thrown in my 50 stang worth but the old boy/ young girl thing gives me nothing but constant amusement at the stupidity and misguidence of some people.

ill make a big effort to be more consistant and contribute more often in the future.

:D Good day eh.

Just so you know, my previous post wasn't directed (soley) at you. :D

It's too bad it takes a story like this though, to drag some long-time residents/board members out of the woodwork !

One's opinion shouldn't be measured by the number of posts he/she has, but by the content of that opinion.

But when the whole of the opinion is a remark like this: "Does it really matter? She probaly got what she deserved", many people, especially a lot of the long-time, regular posters, are not going to view the poster in a very positive manner.

On common, day-to-day topics, we don't often see such a huge influx of posts from "newbies", and if you look at the examples I posted previously, a lot of those comments are pretty far "out there".

I do agree that in a lot of cases, 60+ year old farangs hooking up with 26 year old hotties are probably deluding themselves. Unfortunately, there is no way of educating these people of the potential risks. Many wouldn't listen anyways, as they suffer from the MGID disorder (My Girl Is Different).

You would think though, that a farang from a Law & Order nation like the UK, wouldn't resort to such violence so quickly. Must have still been pissed at England getting the World Cup boot.

I've also noticed how this topic is raging, while the "Canadian Journalist Shot Dead By Girlfriend In Chiang Mai" thread has been virtually ignored. :o

I find this chewing of the cud everytime someone dies really distasteful.

He murders, she dies, why does it have to be turned over and over in at least 3 threads on this forum?

I'm no expert on things Thailand, but I live here, and a little common decency would not go amiss.

It's OK to comment on a court case ruling , but to go and on about a few newspaper paragraphs is really pushing the boundaries.

And quite frankly, it is hard to believe some of the peurile statements made here,,,,,newbies or not!

What the guy did was wrong of course,but understandable in a way.He was conned and she knew she was conning him.You,you and you have been here a long time and know the score.It is more than possible that he was blinded by love/a chance for an exciting new life which now lies in tatters.

He broke the Law and should be punished,but will a long prison term really change a thing on this occasion?He is not the first and by God will not be the last.

LOVE REALLY???? OH FOR GODS SAKE 62 YR OLD LOVE 26 LUST MOST FARANGS HERE ARE SICK PERVERTS THAT ARE TO STUPID OR UGLY TO FIND SOMEONE IN THERE OWN COUNTRY. YOU COME HERE AND FLASH YOUR MONEY AND THINK UR FOUND LOVE WOW YOU ARE REALLY ALL STUPID

Well Pauly, that's because here is FULL of prostitution, and umm is cheaper than America or Europa hahahahaha... so.. be logic... and you should know that the mayor reason of tourism in THAILAND is cuz the bitches.. no the beaches.. LOL. I think u r the insane one.. or blind one. :o:D

Although I dissagree with many comments here that I think are in poor taste, I am interested that the defenders of relationships with large age gaps are that exact group.

This is hardly surprising and I think to a large extent they are suffering from the "my girl is different" way of thinking. Ask yourselves this... "If I was broke, would she stay with me?"

Sure, there maybe the odd exception, and relationships where "true" love exists, but, I think for the most part these girls are acting as professional GFs/Wifes, and it's more of a business dealing than anything else.

No doubt I'll get flamed for my comments. I base them on a long experience in Thailand working as a psychologist. I deal with many Farang-Thai relationships on a daily basis and in doing so, learn behaviour trends that can't be ignored.

In this paticular case its easy to understand that the Farang was in one hel_l of a position.. he probably invested his life savings in condo and bar, and to find out what he did, would have been a terrible shock.

I do not defend his actions, but this was clearly a crime of passion in the heat of the moment.

This sort of thing happens all over the world. Here is the pic of the guy after he was taken from the hotel by police.

Also it is not exclusive to Farang. A thai man did this to his G/F LAST NIGHT :D for the story follow the link if you can read Thai :o For infedelity :D

http://www.thairath.co.th/offline.php?sect...s&content=12047

Lol sad for all concerned.

post-18949-1152446623_thumb.jpg

post-18949-1152446683_thumb.jpg

Edited by maprao

Fair enough but it is taken from Thai Rath (todays edition 9/7/06) Thailand most popular Thai newspaper for Thais available on all newstands :D

People who live in Thailand should learn Thai and read Thai newspapers and would therefore see this anyway.

MOD if it offends people edit it and allow people to follow the link and read it themselves. Or maybe people who do want to read Thai newspapers and know what really goes on where they are ploughing their life's savings. .... :o

I for one still love the place!

Edited by maprao

Its sad to read another instance like this one. Condolences to all involved.

As mentioned in a previous post, I don't really think this guy is a psycho. It seems to be more of a crime of passion. It doesn't make it right, but it lends more to the notion that this was an isolated event and that the guy is probably not as serious a threat to society as a psycho killer. Therefore, I don't think he deserves to rot in a Thai prison. It wasn't premeditated and should be considered a crime of passion. A punishment should be applied with a jail term but nothing to long.

Anyways, that's just my opinion. Everyone to their own.

Are your stupid or what.The guy obviuosly planed killing this girl.and should get the death penalty.

I love it how everyone thinks they are cprofessional riminologists and legal experts. Glad that this forum is not up for jury duty.....

Edited by Cappy

No it's not a childrens forum, it's a public space for mature adults. That's exactly why I would like to see some respect for the dead.

regardless of what a thai newspaper wants to print, newspapers are not really well known for their morals or ethic values.

Keep it if you must, but note my objection, and don't complain as the general standard of membership declines, as was noted in a previous post.

Those who said that he was a blind man... I bet you would do the same thing when you trust someone :D doesn't have to be Thai girls....I meant someone anyone from any part of this little wobbly world.

etc...

From Thai girl xx

Really? A Thai girl posted this? Where do you reside then that you would write this charming piece of trite :o

I don't care what you think about me or my posts , You poor sad man, sbk... You don't need to know where I reside :D Most people here feel sorry for the girl but has anyone thought why he killed her? By laws, he is in troubles that is for sure but if that girl did not create ... this wouldn't have happened.

Hope your life is as smooth as my soccer ball... :D:D:D:D

Edited by x000x

Read the tone of the posts on this thread.

We have a young lady dead. Thats a fact and that is sad and tragic.

We have an older man who stated he did it and attempted suicide. Thats also very sad.

I would probably guess that the old guy came to his senses and is very remorseful over what he apparently did.

But again feel the tone of the retorts, replies and comments on this thread.

All the holier than thou individuals, as usual I might add, ready to castrate, kill, hang shoot or draw and quarter the bloke.

I am not a religious person, but it sure brings to mind some at least quasi religious thoughts. "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" might be one

And maybe, There but for the grace of God , go I" might be another.

Why as much venom in the posts, does it make each of us who post like that somewhat stronger or in some way superior? I kind of feel bad , because maybe someday I will find myself in such a prediciment..

I do offer my condolences to the girls family.

:D

Ok Gang .... rip me apart

==================================================================

Rip You Apart ? ? ? ?

hel_l No ! ! ! ! !

You're the only one (sofar) making any sense !

I was thinking of something sensible to say, on this subject, and couldn;t quite "coin-it" properly, until I read your comment: "you took the wind right out of my sails" - I couldn;t agree more.

Cheers,

:o

Jaap

Read the tone of the posts on this thread.

We have a young lady dead. Thats a fact and that is sad and tragic.

We have an older man who stated he did it and attempted suicide. Thats also very sad.

I would probably guess that the old guy came to his senses and is very remorseful over what he apparently did.

But again feel the tone of the retorts, replies and comments on this thread.

All the holier than thou individuals, as usual I might add, ready to castrate, kill, hang shoot or draw and quarter the bloke.

I am not a religious person, but it sure brings to mind some at least quasi religious thoughts. "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" might be one

And maybe, There but for the grace of God , go I" might be another.

Why as much venom in the posts, does it make each of us who post like that somewhat stronger or in some way superior? I kind of feel bad , because maybe someday I will find myself in such a prediciment..

I do offer my condolences to the girls family.

Ok Gang .... rip me apart

==================================================================

Rip You Apart ? ? ? ?

hel_l No ! ! ! ! !

You're the only one (sofar) making any sense !

I was thinking of something sensible to say, on this subject, and couldn;t quite "coin-it" properly, until I read your comment: "you took the wind right out of my sails" - I couldn;t agree more.

Cheers,

:o

Jaap

Couldn't agree more.

Getting ripped off by a girl in LOS is a rite of passage.

This time it turned out very tragically.

A young girl died.

An old man faces what , at his age , will probably be a life sentence.

etc...

From Thai girl xx

I don't care what you think about me or my posts , You poor sad man, sbk... You don't need to know where I reside :D Most people here feel sorry for the girl but has anyone thought why he killed her? By laws, he is in troubles that is for sure but if that girl did not create ... this wouldn't have happened.

Hope your life is as smooth as my soccer ball... :D

:D I love your anwers.. hahaha.. and I hv the same point of view too.. :D

cheers lady!