Thai Postal services

I have now been waiting for delivery of a small package and numerous letters by post from UK, to be delivered to my post box at my office in Choeng Mon for well over two months.

I don't recall having to wait for such a long period of time previously.

Anyone experiencing similar problems? Or know the cause?

It's amazing how things change.

Last year I was writing and extolling the excellent service from Thai Post.

This year - who? Almost nothing from them (and they know where I live).

No telephone bills (and I pay 12 accounts)

No UBC magazines. (I do not mind, but my neighbours do.)

No credit card bill. thumbsup.gif

Pretty daggy service at the moment sad.png

• Like 1

We just moved 2 moths ago from near Grandmother grandfather rock to Hua Thanon. No problems at the old place, but since we have moved no mail at all. Everyone was notified 1 month in advance of our new address. I haven't even seen the mailman in this area.

Don't seem to be any problems in Maenam, get both regular mail in the Post Office Box and delivered to address by a kind “postman Pat” – they even sometimes check if there are anything uncollected in the POBox and deliver it, if they anyway comes to the house with other letters or parcels… smile.png

• Like 1

Well - I am struggling to receive post (mostly bills) from Thailand, but perhaps here is a way for a quick postal service from the UK.

Make up a couple of rubber stamps perhaps?

This letter was posted on the 5th and delivered to the door (not the letter box) on the 21st.

post-79343-0-09174900-1408756926_thumb.j

Edited by Tropicalevo

Building work @ main post office (Chaweng) or rogue postmen @ point of delivery were the route causes when I lived in that catchment area. Complaints via the post office website took a few days to roll downhill but did the trick, furthermore they confirmed (in a chat with the postmaster tasked at the time to investigate) that I was far from alone.

Despite the above I still feel the postal service is much better here than it is in UK.

HTH

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

Building work @ main post office (Chaweng) or rogue postmen @ point of delivery were the route causes when I lived in that catchment area. Complaints via the post office website took a few days to roll downhill but did the trick, furthermore they confirmed (in a chat with the postmaster tasked at the time to investigate) that I was far from alone.

Despite the above I still feel the postal service is much better here than it is in UK.

HTH

Yeah the Maenam guys are pretty good, I think if a problem, just pop down and talk to them or the Post Master, ...and things should get sorted! wink.png

• Like 1

choeng mon post office is a disgrace, they're a bunch of lazy morons, your mails are waiting for you at the mail room in the middle of a huge pile of letters.

Edited by NHJ