UK Visa Web Page

Let start out by saying I am not a computer wiz-kid but normally can deal with the internet. I wanted to find out what documention is required to apply for a UK tourist visa for my partner.

I registered for an account as instructed - thereafter chaos. I received an email back from them saying the account was successfully registered and in order to unlock the account I had to click on the link provided. Did this and I was directed to something called the 'UK Migration Service' who provided an assessment which was positive and then given options of how much I would want to pay for whichever particular service I wanted. I Have no need of the UK Migration Service!

Why do the the British Embassy/ Border Control Agency who after all control the visa service through VFS Global make it so difficult to get information. Is it any wonder foreigners are put off going to the UK when you have to jump through so many hoops!!

Anyone know what I did wrong.

The URL you go to for visa applications is here: https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

It'll tell you what supporting documents you need - I've just filled out two applications quite recently..

Made me smile ,

Clicked on the link and got a warning that the sites not safe , lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Had me worried for a moment there, as i've already threw several metric tonnes of personal information at it :) But yeah, it's the right site.

Good info for me too , thx.

Going to take the mrs and kid over to blighty soon so she can see what shes NOT missing :-)

Thx for the link

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app