Finding A Place To Live (3 Mos) In Bkk

anais

Hello,

I'm an American journalist, 41, who'll be coming to Bankgok mid-September and staying for 3 months. I'll go back to NYC until the end of January, and then I have no idea where I'm living. There's a maybe gig in Shanghai, some friends in Hanoi, the likely-soon-to-be-ex-husband who'd like me to come back to the States, life gets SO complicated....

Anyway, I've always wanted to live in Bangkok and now's my chance to check it out. I'd like a safe space (I know nothing is ever really "safe," but an area not notorious for random violence would be nice.) How is Thonburi?

I'm open to sharing accommodations ... all I really need is high-speed internet, although a pool and fixed expenses would be nice.

If you have any leads or recommendations, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Hope to see you at a Ladies' Meet Up sometime in the fall.

Cheers,

Cyn

• 3 weeks later...

most places are safe ....

There is a women only building on the skytrain route between Ekkamai and onnut heading outbound it will be on the left in the direction of travel.

I have no idea about the amenities there .. but it is CHEAP

There is a ladies only tower right by Thong Lor BTS station going towards On Nut. I think it is called Gunn Tower. From the skytrain you can see a big banner on the building stating that it is a female only building complex and it has a contact phone number too.

I have also used www.hamptons.co.th to find property here in Bkk. They have english speaking staff and are very helpful.