Russia watchdog shuts four McDonald's in Moscow

webfact

All their sores world wide should be closed down permanently for false advertising & mascarading as restuarants. GREAT WORK RUSSIA!

It 100% rubbish food, great body building stuff.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Agreed. Hope the world goes back to mincy, greasy meat pies.

How bout fish n chips......much better....if cooked the right way wink.png

I. sure uve eat a few dogs eyes in ur day slip. on a cold day mmmmmm dogs eye.

I was not so fortunate. Perhaps a sheep's eye, after a cold swim in a mountain river.

• Like 1

MCD food contains horrendous additives with unpronounceable names. They are toxic, dangerous and banned. As idiotic as the Russian government is every once in a while it does something right. Anyway I boycotted mcd years ago (and KFC too).

Is there any need to follow the word toxic with the word dangerous ? are there any toxic substances which are not dangerous ?

You say they are unpronounceable for you, but I guess they are also unwritable (if there is such a word), because you haven't listed any of these "toxic" and "banned" ingredients.

BTW, I am no fan of McD and have never eaten in any of their establishments. Their offerings look so unappetizing.

smile.png

According to Rosselchosnadzor (pronounceable enough?) - the Russian food oversight gestapo - MCD cheese was found to contain Tetracycline antibiotics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetracycline_antibiotics which are banned legislatively. You need a prescription to get the stuff. Source here: http://slon.ru/fast/russia/rosselkhoznadzor-proverit-syr-v-makdonaldse-1134533.xhtml

According to same source nutritional information on packaging does not reflect reality which is another beef that another gov agency, Rospotrebnadzor consumer protection, has with mcd. The company must correct the nutritional information to comply with the law or burn in hell.

Violations of sanitary norms are also mentioned.

McD's sells its franchises licenses to Russian companies and individuals. Those more than 430 McD franchises use largely domestic Russian suppliers and, of course, are staffed by over 35,000 Russian employees. So other than a symbolic politcal statement against sanctioning, this is just another economic shot in the Russian foot. No doubt Russians will adjust their diets to the closed McD's. How would you like your potato today Ivan?

So there's more 430 McD franchises and a whole 4 have been closed, less than 1%. Doesnt sound like a tit for tat move by the Russian government, sounds more like a genuine concern over food safety standards in the 4 locations as the OP suggests.

I love how every country except the US, believes that McDonalds is come kind of cultural extension of America. While an American company, most McDonalds are locally owned franchises and not owned by the actual corporation. Basically, a local small business. They even cater to the local tastes. Yes, not healthy but it is a person's choice if they want to eat healthily or not. So Russia, be our guest. Close down those evil burger vendors!

You think that Americans don't know that McDonald's is a franchise? I have 2 friends who own franchises and one guy has 12 restaurants. Same same for Burger King, KFC, etc. etc.

Ever read the story of the restaurant equipment salesman who bought the lone McDonald's in California (then his customer) and turned it into an empire? He did it by using franchisees' money.

I agree that the closings in Russia will hurt only the franchisees, local suppliers and employees, but I still think it's to make news that's negative for America.

Ho hum, Putin.

MCD food contains horrendous additives with unpronounceable names. They are toxic, dangerous and banned. As idiotic as the Russian government is every once in a while it does something right. Anyway I boycotted mcd years ago (and KFC too).

You are so right. However, it remains, for whatever reason, the biggest money making fast food franchise in the entire world... And it has remained so for about half a century !!!! Amazing. What kind of magic is in that? A psychological study should be done. I have seen educated men/women eat this abomination...and do so frequently.

People line up for hours for the stuff. Just shows you what one man, and good advertisement/marketing can do. I will be the first to admit that almost anybody can make a better burger and fries...not rocket science.

Edited by slipperylobster