Moonlight Fine Dining

richsilver

Moonlight is a six month old small, intimate restaurant with great food in a surprising location: the ground floor of View Talay 7 overlooking the swimming pool.

I had dinner there last night with a friend and it was really good. The reviews on Trip Advisor were very positive (I have added mine) so we decided to try it.

If you're looking for a quiet, delightful place to share a wonderful meal with a friend or a lover...this is it! There is no loud music; there are no TVs. The layout affords maximum privacy for each table. The entire ambiance is one of intimacy and elegance, a big surprise considering the location. There are perhaps 10 View Talay buildings in Pattaya and typically the establishments on the main floor are laundries, minimarts or real estate agencies. Moonlight is a very happy exception.

As for the food, it is really good! In my opinion it is on a par with some of the best in Pattaya: Mata Hari and Cafe des Amis. You can find the complete menu at their website: http://www.moonlightpattaya.com/moonlight-cuisine/. It is certainly not for those on a budget, but I think worth every baht.

I can't wait to go back...

• Like 1

"I can't wait to go back..." Tomorrow? When you open up?

Sorry to disappoint but I know the OP and he is not the owner and doesn't know the owner. The owners are Thai but obviously have been trained in the preparation of western food. Last night they had 8-10 diners when I walked by. This is a very small restaurant so I would definitely make reservations.

I do find the location strange for a 5* restaurant, and wish them success.

most tempting is a bowl of pea soup for 294 Baht and 25 Satang (price includes service charge and VAT)

It doesnt tempt me much at that price. I would make my own for perhaps 10% of that.

Sarcasm.jpg

The opportunity to demonstrate baht-squeezing expertise was just too tempting.