TV refused at Ranong even though I don't have any previous TV

They didn't even check my passport for previous stamps! If I was border runner then fair enough.

Would also be interesting to know more about the OP's visa history, has he been staying in Thailand on Tourist visas/visa free entries for a long time? Apart from that, reading some previous threads I had to conclude that at Ranong they sometimes refuse people who are very obviously bona fide tourists.

isn't an apec card valid at land borders?

It is but not at Ranong perhaps. No sure but I think it will give a 90 day entry up to it's date of expiration like a multiple entry visa does.

correct it does allow 90 days, however many land boarders are not familiar with the card therefore dont recognize it as being a valid way to get a 90 exempt entry.

My friend from Australia had this and had an issue once at chom chong, had to get a supervisor to work things out.

• Like 1

I didn't think they'd issue 90(APEC) days at a land crossing. Otherwise I would have taken my card. What's really annoyed me is that I have no overstays and not been a border runner. They didn't look at my previous history(stamps). Just to say no to a 15 day visa because of what!...because they can! And was mentioned in another post it means less work. They only need to deal with the gamblers visiting Andaman Club.

If you have an APEC card, why didn't you get yourself another 90 days?

because the rules say if you are coming in Thailand on visa exempt you need to show an onward ticket and 20,000B this is way they refused you. You should have taken your APEC card.

because the rules say if you are coming in Thailand on visa exempt you need to show an onward ticket and 20,000B this is way they refused you. You should have taken your APEC card.

OP was never asked for anything, simply denied to leave. It is simply a case of Ranong making their own rules, it was already known.

• Like 1

OP was never asked for anything, simply denied to leave. It is simply a case of Ranong making their own rules, it was already known.

Please read his original post again, they asked him if he had 10K and ticket prior to letting him leave, he did not so they would not let him leave. Also my mistake need 10k not 20k.

Please read his original post again, they asked him if he had 10K and ticket prior to letting him leave, he did not so they would not let him leave. Also my mistake need 10k not 20k.

I see, thanks for making me notice.

• Like 1

So the OP did not meet the requirements for a visa exempt entry and gets refused.

I would say rightfully so, thanks anyway for the update.

"did not meet the requirements for a visa exempt entry and gets refused."

"outward ticket"

asked for an outward ticket, on a land border when leaving or entering TH,

had some Visa exempt entries this year, Vientiane and Savannaketh no questions asked also not asked since 1990 in that regard. whistling.gif

The Ranong border is one of the worst. Sadao on the Malaysia border there is always some problem. Best to justr avoid their rude attitudes.

Not to say that anyone was rude or negative, but I have found many doors open wide by smiling, being postive and leaving my negativity at home.

It doesn't always work as some recipients are downright unhappy folks. In that case, I smile, thank them and move on.

I am not Jesus, "If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also." wink.png

The steam, has to come out somewhere, can be my mouth. rolleyes.gif

I didn't think they'd issue 90(APEC) days at a land crossing. Otherwise I would have taken my card. What's really annoyed me is that I have no overstays and not been a border runner. They didn't look at my previous history(stamps). Just to say no to a 15 day visa because of what!...because they can! And was mentioned in another post it means less work. They only need to deal with the gamblers visiting Andaman Club.

If you have an APEC card, why didn't you get yourself another 90 days?

"if you are coming in Thailand on visa exempt you need to show an onward ticket"

On a land border? Since when is that enforced, I made such trips dozens of times since 1998, without any question.

Also at the Ranong border.