Thai tour guides’ latest complaint over Russian workers falls on deaf ears

Rimmer

Thai racism. If the want to guide Russian tourists, they have to speak Russian. But to learn Russian is asked for too much for them. Here in Switzerland we have tour guides who speak Japanese, Russian, Chinese etc.

It is not racism. Its typical "crybaby" Asian male domination position protectionism. Asia men have been getting away with their "Little Lord Fauntleroy" toddler behavior, since the end of the Tang Dynasty in China,1400 years ago. whistling.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of you seem to be stupid <deleted> here! I am Russian. I speak fluent English and 5 other languages. Most of the English native speakers here seem to be retarded, having no degrees or proper qualifications))) More than half of S.E.A is like this. Shut the <deleted> up, morons! Lots of Russians speak decent English! It's just, you have never communicated with educated Russians.

Native Son 360, do you have a VISA??? "These Russians..." Look at yourself!!! You all seem to be so smart here. Here in Thailand I met some shitty Englishmen, Americans, Australians, who are absolutely illiterate. They are ill-mannered: burp, fart in the classrooms, everywhere, <deleted> pigs! They booze, they lose. Most of you are losers, having Thai girlfriends, who don't give two shits about you, milk you all the time. You guys are losers. I am not talking here about really educated people. I have lots of friends among Americans, Australians, South Africans, British people.

Are the Russian guides working illegally? Forget about the convenience to tourists. Are they illegal or not? As I understand it Tour guiding is reserved for Thais only and it is against the law for a foreigner to do it. It seems to me that the Pattaya police chief is condoning the breaking of this law.If this is so, does he have the right to ignore the law to suit wealthy business owners? coffee1.gif

Thais are pragmatic, it happens when it suites their purpose but watch out for the backlash when they do't need you any more.

Most of you seem to be stupid <deleted> here! I am Russian. I speak fluent English and 5 other languages. Most of the English native speakers here seem to be retarded, having no degrees or proper qualifications))) More than half of S.E.A is like this. Shut the <deleted> up, morons! Lots of Russians speak decent English! It's just, you have never communicated with educated Russians.

Well if they are all the same as you who would want too. By the way I do burp and fart too and I have a Thai partner as well, is that a crime?

• Like 1

One post removed

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

I believe in his speech last night on tv the new PM referred to the problem that the clampdown on visa runs had caused for tour guides and teachers so if the translation I got was correct it looks as if the Thai tourist guides may need to pick up their game.

Well said! I am English and have had many polite conversations with Russian people here in English.

Also i was attacked by a drunk man from Russia too.

Point being there are good and bad from every country!

Pity the rest of the expat population don't have the cojones to do the same. It might make the Thais buck up their ideas of service. Buddha help them when Asean comes into force and the Phillipino's join the workforce.

ASEAN won't happen, the Thais will revolt at the mass flight of jobs to the Filipinos. I really don't think they realise what they've been signed up for.

It's nothing like the EU as the countries were initially on the same economic level as each other. ASEAN has in contrast has massive economic disparity.

I agree. ASEAN started in 1969 in an effort to prevent SE Asian countries from becoming the Mexican sweat shops for the Japanese and Americans, and eventually the Koreans and the Chinese. They could only negotiate like a big country if they negotiated with the world collectively. The dynamics of the region have changed greatly since then. Brunei certainly doesn't need ASEAN, with its oil wealth and religious extremism. Burma is kind of a poisoned pill for the other countries, who generally enjoy good relations with the west and Thailand would have to actually drop the act that they are complying with the English language requirements and admit that they are far far from being in-line with ASEAN guidelines. Thailand certainly hires a lot of foreign experts in fields ranging from medicine to engineering to teaching English but it has been my experience that just because they have hired outside expertise, they refuse to take expert advice from a non-Thai. How are they going to accept trade and labor policies that come from a governing body where Thailand is only 1 out of 9 nations developing those policies? Worst of all, they would have to drop their super-protectionist policies and openly compete on a level playing field. I see either a rolling string of ASEAN implementation delays or an outright re-think of the whole treaty and possible abandonment.

• Like 1

I don't believe it, this guy is saying openly that it is alright to break the law in employing Russian tour guides. I would be pretty sure that these Russians do not have work permits. TIT

They have work permits. Guaranteed:coffee1:

No they don't. 7 of the 8 working Russians that I know personally do not have a work permit.