Thaksin tells supporters to give Prayuth govt chance

webfact

"Thaksin told the Pheu Thai members to support the government and give it a chance to run the country to the full efforts,"

Maybe Thaksin should call some of the posters here on TVF. It would seem a few didn't get the memo.

What a load of nonsense. Most of the people who oppose you on TVF don't like Thaksin, but like the other side even less.

I am one of those people.

Now listen carefully, I'll only say this once:

This is not about me, or you, or our opinions. This is about

"Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawtra told leading Pheu Thai party members not to disrupt the country administration by the interim government of PM-elect Prayuth Chan-ocha, a Pheu Thai source said."

So why did you bring TVF posters into the argument then if it's about Thaksin and leading PTP party members?

• Like 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update2: about 30 or 40 PDRC/PCAD leaders charged with terrorism for staging anti-government protests. Very democratic of course, just what a 'democratic government' would do.

Anyway, you still don't seem to be in the right mood.

30 or 40 PDRC leaders charged with terrorism - Oh, OK. Once the genie of blanket terrorism charges for demonstrators was let out of the bottle in 2010 by abhisit, I'm afraid that subsequent governments were bound to follow that bad example.

No excuse for branding any anti government supporters who are demonstrating peaceably as "terrorists" but when government offices are occupied, streets blockaded, people forcibly restrained from voting, etc. under the explicit orders of the said leaders, one can hardly complain that 1) the government was acting undemocratically and 2) the arrested leaders had had their human rights violated. Though it obviously hasn't stopped you from trying , I note.

Oh, by the way, what is the right mood to adopt when rolling over and accepting a coup?

No need, but when 'the others' get attacked by unknowns of course a democratic government charges those others?

Already in the first few days of the anti-government protests the Yingluck Administration had Ms. Yingluck asking them to go home and her Pheu Thai MPs demanding the police take care of them. Democratically of course, as all good democracies would muzzle protesters who try to stop the government from pushing a blanket amnesty bill through, a bill covering Thaksin's last two years in/out of office and Yingluck's first two years.

Anyway you missed the note from Thaksin, about not disrupting the PM Prayuth administration. Mind you 'not disrupting' is not the same as co-operating although some may think so. It would seem Thaksin didn't really say anything as 'disrupting' would only lead to applying Military Law being applied in full. Maybe Thaksin thought his Pheu Thai would be so enraged by the coup that they might become disruptive? Maybe he was just warning his Pheu Thai UDD members to stay in hiding and bid their time?

It would seem PM Prayuth has an uphill task and even NRC/CDC may have a hard time with Pheu Thai 'not being disruptive'. I can see a situation where some will say the reforms and constitution are without input from the 'right people'. That would only because the 'right people' did not participate, 'non-disruptively' of course rolleyes.gif

30 or 40 PDRC leaders charged with terrorism - Oh, OK. Once the genie of blanket terrorism charges for demonstrators was let out of the bottle in 2010 by abhisit, I'm afraid that subsequent governments were bound to follow that bad example.

No excuse for branding any anti government supporters who are demonstrating peaceably as "terrorists" but when government offices are occupied, streets blockaded, people forcibly restrained from voting, etc. under the explicit orders of the said leaders, one can hardly complain that 1) the government was acting undemocratically and 2) the arrested leaders had had their human rights violated. Though it obviously hasn't stopped you from trying , I note.

Oh, by the way, what is the right mood to adopt when rolling over and accepting a coup?

No need, but when 'the others' get attacked by unknowns of course a democratic government charges those others?

Already in the first few days of the anti-government protests the Yingluck Administration had Ms. Yingluck asking them to go home and her Pheu Thai MPs demanding the police take care of them. Democratically of course, as all good democracies would muzzle protesters who try to stop the government from pushing a blanket amnesty bill through, a bill covering Thaksin's last two years in/out of office and Yingluck's first two years.

Anyway you missed the note from Thaksin, about not disrupting the PM Prayuth administration. Mind you 'not disrupting' is not the same as co-operating although some may think so. It would seem Thaksin didn't really say anything as 'disrupting' would only lead to applying Military Law being applied in full. Maybe Thaksin thought his Pheu Thai would be so enraged by the coup that they might become disruptive? Maybe he was just warning his Pheu Thai UDD members to stay in hiding and bid their time?

It would seem PM Prayuth has an uphill task and even NRC/CDC may have a hard time with Pheu Thai 'not being disruptive'. I can see a situation where some will say the reforms and constitution are without input from the 'right people'. That would only because the 'right people' did not participate, 'non-disruptively' of course rolleyes.gif

"No need, but when 'the others' get attacked by unknowns of course a democratic government charges those others?"

What kind of argument is that? 1) There is a difficulty in bringing "unknowns" to justice for attacking "the others" (being unknown kind of explains the situation, one would have thought), the fact is that people have been arrested for attacking "the others". 2) The charges levied on the PDRC Leaders are not a result of, nor linked in any way to, the arrests (or not) of those responsible for attacks on "the others".

"Already in the first few days of the anti-government protests the Yingluck Administration had Ms. Yingluck asking them to go home and her Pheu Thai MPs demanding the police take care of them."

Well, there's a suprise, tens of thousands of angry people block the streets in a democrat party led demonstration against the Amnesty Bill (at that point) from the 3rd November 2013. Nipit Intharasombat, a Democrat Party MP who had previously called Yingluck stupid in a censure debate, stated that there were two ways for the Government to pull the Amnesty Bill, either parliament did it or the Senate could. On the 12th November the Senate did just that. Yingluck asked them to go home - well, how jolly undemocratic.

suthep stirred the pot by calling for a general strike and urged people to join demonstrations to oust the government. PTP MP's call for police to intervene. Well, how jolly undemocratic.

Anyway you missed the note from Thaksin, about not disrupting the PM Prayuth administration.

I know you have some strange ideas but surely you're not as stupid as to think that Thaksin's "note" to leading PTP Party members has any reference to me or anybody else on this forum, despite your inferences.

I'm sorry, did you have a point to make?

"Compare his family's wealth with that of the average Thai and then wonder where and how it was created."

Comparing the Shinawara family's wealth with Khun Average Somchai seems to me a bit of a pointless task and only posed to make a partisan point. Far more telling would be to compare his family's wealth with their peers (in the context of wealth) i.e the other richest families in Thailand, and wonder where and how they created their wealth.

At last Fab4 finally agrees the Shins are part of the rich elite echelon that vies for the spoils of running Thailand for their own benefits.

Difference being, the Shins, as somewhat new boys on the block, or perhaps at the trough is a better expression, needed to be a bit more "extreme".

Nothing to do with democracy, or pretending to be the party of the people. All about rich families trying to be top dog, increase their wealth more than the others and putting themselves above the law.

A curious and partisan take on what you believe I agree with. I agree that the Shinawatra Family are rich, but they are most definitely not part of the rich elite here, I would have thought that was obvious.

As for the rest of your "analysis", if that were true surely you would vent your spleen at all the rich "elite" families instead of concentrating on one individual. coffee1.gif

Mr T is home sick.

He will do anything that would allow him to return a free man, and he probably will do one day, but by then politics in Thailand will be something very different from the past and he and the rest of the corrupt politicians will have no place in politics, I can see a pardon for most indited politicians who did not have a direct involvement in the violence but they will have no political future.

Thaksin is giving orders again? He is not in a position to tell anyone what to do.

Exactly, he is yesterday's news.

Whatever you may think about Thaksin, I've no doubt that history will look rather favourably on him, and less so on the military, whatever transpires in the future.

They can ban the books and censor whatever they like, but times have changed, and the old ways will always be replaced with the new. The truth always comes to the surface.

No stopping the tide of change, and there's no cheating the grim reaper.

• Like 1

Thaksin believes that Thailand can not and will not change and that the Gen will fail. He believes that he will swoop in and reestablish control and patron government, top heavy with corruption. He believes that someday he will install his son as PM. Only time will tell.

I don't know if the General will fail, certainly he will fail in some endeavors, but, when has anyone really tried to solve some of the many problems. He seems an honest man and I trust him, he will do battle with Thai culture and the myriad corrupt bosses big and small. His success will depend on whether the middle level fish join him in remaking Thailand into a country where there is real opportunity for the middle and lower classes, not just the corrupt who bow at Thaksin's feet with tribute in hand.

Thaksin has never had the vision to see that building the base, the lower classes, causes much more profit to flow up that by just stealing money from the country. Ripping off the nation is not sustainable and eventually the family will fall off its pedestal.

I salute you, General, for taking the chance and making an effort to turn the nation around. No one else ever has, certainly not Thaksin.

The General has one objective and we all know what that is. Until this has been fulfilled he will remain in power regardless of whether he is perceived as being successful or not in running the country.

Great, and I hope he is successful and rids the country of the affliction that has plagued this country for the past few years and cleans up the deeply entrenched corruption and the crap that goes along with it.

• Like 1

Mr T is home sick.

He will do anything that would allow him to return a free man, and he probably will do one day, but by then politics in Thailand will be something very different from the past and he and the rest of the corrupt politicians will have no place in politics, I can see a pardon for most indited politicians who did not have a direct involvement in the violence but they will have no political future.

Corruption will always have a place in Thai politics, it is embedded in the Thai psyche and pervades every walk of life.

We saw it before with Suchinda in 1991/92. Using a purge against corruption and vice to further a fascist agenda. Dictatorships love it. All very obvious nowadays of course, but the ignorant masses still seem to lap it up.

Thaksin believes that Thailand can not and will not change and that the Gen will fail. He believes that he will swoop in and reestablish control and patron government, top heavy with corruption. He believes that someday he will install his son as PM. Only time will tell.

I don't know if the General will fail, certainly he will fail in some endeavors, but, when has anyone really tried to solve some of the many problems. He seems an honest man and I trust him, he will do battle with Thai culture and the myriad corrupt bosses big and small. His success will depend on whether the middle level fish join him in remaking Thailand into a country where there is real opportunity for the middle and lower classes, not just the corrupt who bow at Thaksin's feet with tribute in hand.

Thaksin has never had the vision to see that building the base, the lower classes, causes much more profit to flow up that by just stealing money from the country. Ripping off the nation is not sustainable and eventually the family will fall off its pedestal.

I salute you, General, for taking the chance and making an effort to turn the nation around. No one else ever has, certainly not Thaksin.

The General has one objective and we all know what that is. Until this has been fulfilled he will remain in power regardless of whether he is perceived as being successful or not in running the country.

Great, and I hope he is successful and rids the country of the affliction that has plagued this country for the past few years and cleans up the deeply entrenched corruption and the crap that goes along with it.

A lot of things will change in Thailand over the next few years. Corruption won't be one of them though, you can rest assured of that.

Mr T is home sick.

Corruption will always have a place in Thai politics, it is embedded in the Thai psyche and pervades every walk of life.

We saw it before with Suchinda in 1991/92. Using a purge against corruption and vice to further a fascist agenda. Dictatorships love it. All very obvious nowadays of course, but the ignorant masses still seem to lap it up.

You seem to give a few very good reasons why we need reforms, why we need education.

They're part of the same caste.
The public acrimony is just jockeying for position up there. It's a show.

We knew that the minute YL was allowed to leave the country.
If you're savvy, you probably suspected it well before May 22.

These people are not your friends.
They dictate your circumstances, yet you are not important to them.

Edited by BeforeTigers

I think it's looking pretty clear a deal has been struck between Thaksin and Prayuth. Prayuth is pragmatic enough to give Thaksin something he wants for the good of the country. We can expect some kind of pardon when all the dust settles and Thaksin will stay out of politics (in public any way). The amusing part is how he is dumping the red-shirts who are no use to him now. I wonder if they even realize it.

He only uses and abuses people while they are useful to him. When they are past their use by date he justs dumps them.

Yingluck is an example of that.

He is and always has been a cynical manipulator and has only himself and his own welfare in mind.

• Like 1

I agree. Too many are saying it is now or never.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

"Thaksin told the Pheu Thai members to support the government and give it a chance to run the country to the full efforts,"

Maybe Thaksin should call some of the posters here on TVF. It would seem a few didn't get the memo.

What a load of nonsense. Most of the people who oppose you on TVF don't like Thaksin, but like the other side even less.

I am one of those people.

so who do you want ghengis karn mohammid jesus. People like you are one of reasons we get into such a mess You support wishy washy liberals who achieve nothing or worse are hoodwinked into supporting people like mugabwie and then wring your hands when surprise surprise it all goes pear shaped and your PC liberal loving hero turns out to be worse than the rest. When you finally if you ever do see past your own mickey mouse coset world you might start to get some understanding of how world works.

The army are best and only real hope for Thailand and have saved it in past from turning into a failed state

• Like 1

and ??? what is that since i dont know ?? I mean what is his one objective ??? in your view

A lot of things will change in Thailand over the next few years. Corruption won't be one of them though, you can rest assured of that.

You might be very surprised.

I would suggest that the blatant corruption which has been evident over the past few years will certainly be curtailed dramatically, which is a good start.

• Like 1

and ??? what is that since i dont know ?? I mean what is his one objective ??? in your view

The military's primary role is to protect King and Country. IMHO, Prayuth will remain until reform is in place and in operation that guards against others who may have different agendas.

Mr T is home sick.

You seem to give a few very good reasons why we need reforms, why we need education.

And the day Mr P gives the country just that and it's not some self serving agenda... Let me know, I'll buy you a beer. Edited by maxme

Mr T is home sick.

And the day Mr P gives the country just that and it's not some self serving agenda... Let me know, I'll buy you a beer.

NRC and CDC amongst others. His inspirational talks Friday late afternoon. The NCPO starting to crack down on corruption. The police finally getting of their dime. Etc., etc.

Where shall we meet for my well earned beer?

• Like 1

Mr T is home sick.

And the day Mr P gives the country just that and it's not some self serving agenda... Let me know, I'll buy you a beer.

NRC and CDC amongst others. His inspirational talks Friday late afternoon. The NCPO starting to crack down on corruption. The police finally getting of their dime. Etc., etc.

I probably would treat you anyway but let's not be hasty. It all seem fine on print but let's see if there will be major reforms to the education system, law enforcement agencies and to catastrophe they call the immigration bureau... For starters

Edited by maxme

rubl: You seem to give a few very good reasons why we need reforms, why we need education.

maxme: And the day Mr P gives the country just that and it's not some self serving agenda... Let me know, I'll buy you a beer.

rubl: NRC and CDC amongst others. His inspirational talks Friday late afternoon. The NCPO starting to crack down on corruption. The police finally getting of their dime. Etc., etc.

maxme: I probably would treat you anyway but let's not be hasty. It all seem fine on print but let's see if there will be major reforms to the education system, law enforcement agencies and to catastrophe they call the immigration bureau... For starters

'let's not be hasty'? The NCR / CDC will take a year to complete their task.

BTW of the three items you mention I can imagine that "Immigration Bureau" is not high on the attention list of most Thai.

I guess I'll buy my own beer tonight sad.png

Dutch uncle rubl

PS quotes were a bit corrupted. I put names in front of the comments to try to make the flow of posts and replies clear.

rubl: You seem to give a few very good reasons why we need reforms, why we need education.

maxme: And the day Mr P gives the country just that and it's not some self serving agenda... Let me know, I'll buy you a beer.

rubl: NRC and CDC amongst others. His inspirational talks Friday late afternoon. The NCPO starting to crack down on corruption. The police finally getting of their dime. Etc., etc.

maxme: I probably would treat you anyway but let's not be hasty. It all seem fine on print but let's see if there will be major reforms to the education system, law enforcement agencies and to catastrophe they call the immigration bureau... For starters

BTW of the three items you mention I can imagine that "Immigration Bureau" is not high on the attention list of most Thai.

Dutch uncle rubl

PS quotes were a bit corrupted. I put names in front of the comments to try to make the flow of posts and replies clear.

Oh, I don't know, the "Immigration Bureau" looks as if it has come to the attention of the PM/Head of NCPO/soon to be Defence Minister, Gen. Prayuth, as he mentioned on his weekly glee show

Prayuth said the change of the visa system concerning visa runners had considerably affected certain groups such as English teachers and academics.

"So, this is an ongoing problem that needs to be resolved, as it can lead to a shortage of English teachers and guides," he said during his weekly TV programme.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754033-immigration-bureau-told-to-be-flexible-with-visa-runners/#entry8284163

I thought you watched it every week, weren't you paying attention?

Edited by fab4

Dutch uncle rubl

Oh, I don't know, the "Immigration Bureau" looks as if it has come to the attention of the PM/Head of NCPO/soon to be Defence Minister, Gen. Prayuth, as he mentioned on his weekly glee show

Prayuth said the change of the visa system concerning visa runners had considerably affected certain groups such as English teachers and academics.

"So, this is an ongoing problem that needs to be resolved, as it can lead to a shortage of English teachers and guides," he said during his weekly TV programme.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754033-immigration-bureau-told-to-be-flexible-with-visa-runners/#entry8284163

I thought you watched it every week, weren't you paying attention?

I must admit I had missed that. Mind you, I get distracted at times.

Anyway, it would seem that the good general has a broader vision than even I thought. In this case I hope the NRC will also listen to the general rather than only accept input from other Thai. I fear a lot of Thais may see a visa system as a good way to keep others out, or as a chance to make money out of bypassing said system.

PS "soon to be MoD", did I miss a memo?

Edited by rubl