headlights

retell

Hello

Last week had a broken headlight ,no problem went to a shop they replaced it ,all fine

In the night i noticed they replaced it with a regular bulb instead of a xenon

Today i went back to have complaint and they say its no problem for the law to drive around with 2 different lights ,

What are the regulations on this ??.

I know from Holland its not allowed

But i know this is thailand

Kind regards

Maarten

Yes, as Teddy says, so what no legal problem? Typical Thai response, you had xenon's you want xenons, I'd go back and get xenons, OP I don't mean to seem to harsh in my response here but seriously this was not an easily answered question? Your car, if you choose to let them talk you out of your higher quality lights do you really us to tell other wise?

Edited by WarpSpeed

with one dull and one bright, it's highly likely the 'pedestrian' illuminating partbeam will be dangerously compromised.

depth perception is also gone.

why would one accept driving around as if he only has the effective illumination of one light source??? as whatever is coming out of the standard beam won't be useable (except as a 'parker' lamp

Do you have aftermarket xenon bulbs? If so then the shop may have just replaced your headlight with what should have been on your car. Otherwise it would be quite lame from a repair shop to repair a factory fitted xenon car with halogen headlamps?? Even then they should have noticed the difference while testing and ask you if they should reinstall xenon.

Why to worry about the legal problems? I´ve seen blue indicators (aft), purple headlights and the best: I´ve seen some cars now where the owners have replaced all rear lightbulbs with withe ones (indicator, brake and rear light all white in a crystal lamp, no reflectors nothing red) facepalm.gif In a dark road with such a car infront of you you have really no clue what´s going on. But of course going back to xenon is the best choice you made.

Do you have aftermarket xenon bulbs? If so then the shop may have just replaced your headlight with what should have been on your car. Otherwise it would be quite lame from a repair shop to repair a factory fitted xenon car with halogen headlamps?? Even then they should have noticed the difference while testing and ask you if they should reinstall xenon.

Why to worry about the legal problems? I´ve seen blue indicators (aft), purple headlights and the best: I´ve seen some cars now where the owners have replaced all rear lightbulbs with withe ones (indicator, brake and rear light all white in a crystal lamp, no reflectors nothing red) facepalm.gif In a dark road with such a car infront of you you have really no clue what´s going on. But of course going back to xenon is the best choice you made.

yep aftermarket bulbs its a toyota vios

yep aftermarket bulbs its a toyota vios

Reflector or projector? So many guys with HID in their reflectors cause terrible glare sad.png I don´t mind refitted HID as Halogen often is quite poor but i think it should at least be done with projector headlights. Your broken light would have been a good opportunity to get some aftermarket upgrade headlights. Btw, there are also HID kits that say they are optimized for reflectors, usually the package says something like HID H7R. Don´t know if they really work better, but mostly the bulb has added a small metal shield to avoid direct eye contact.

Edited by I knew this would happen

Had them refund the costs , then bought myself 2 new xenons and keep the still wotking one for spare

So originally you just had a bulb replaced not a broken headlamp and of course you told them upfront you had replaced the OE bulbs?

Had them refund the costs , then bought myself 2 new xenons and keep the still wotking one for spare

So originally you just had a bulb replaced not a broken headlamp and of course you told them upfront you had replaced the OE bulbs?
OE ???

Indeed had 1 bulb replaced , they put the wrong one ,, got money back ,they their new bulb , bought 2 new xenons put em in myself , kept the old still working one spare

• Like 1

Leave me still the question , about the rules ,

You have ever seen a policeman in Thailand stop a car because he has only 1 headlight, or because one shines into the trees and the other in the windscreen of the upcoming cars ?

This should answer your question biggrin.png

Edited by JesseFrank

OE ???

Indeed had 1 bulb replaced , they put the wrong one ,, got money back ,they their new bulb , bought 2 new xenons put em in myself , kept the old still working one spare

OE = Original Equipment, or Originally Equipped........

OE ???

OK so you didn't tell them

OE ???

OK so you didn't tell them
Nope just put the car , showed them 1 light broken , they fix