Eyeglass Frame Repair

JXXXL

Despite the comparatively low income level I have found nobody fixes anything.

(Shoes, luggage, hand bags, small appliances) which are easily repaired or refurbished in the West.

People just throw away and buy new. The only exception is clothes mending, electronics, TV's, and mobile phones.

Good luck finding help with your eyeglass frames. The opticians I could recommend will try to sell you new ones.

There are repair shops for shoes, luggage, hand bags, and small appliances all over Chaing Mai.

This is the best places for any glasses, prescription, contacts needs. The Dr. speaks perfect English and will do just about anything NOT to sell you a new frame.

http://goo.gl/maps/uwcIB

Its on Ratwithi Rd, almost directly across from Paradise Pizza.

The first time I took my wife there she wanted glasses that would work for reading and general use.

He told her it was better to get a pair for each and it was also 1,000 baht cheaper.

Two years ago I went in and had my eyes tested for walking around town glasses. He told me that it was not worth the cost to buy a pair as my eyes weren't that bad. Two years later they had gotten a little worse and he sold me a pair.

The point is it is not all about money with him. Yes he makes a lot of money but he does not try to sell you some thing you do not need.

Despite the comparatively low income level I have found nobody fixes anything.

(Shoes, luggage, hand bags, small appliances) which are easily repaired or refurbished in the West.

People just throw away and buy new. The only exception is clothes mending, electronics, TV's, and mobile phones.

Good luck finding help with your eyeglass frames. The opticians I could recommend will try to sell you new ones.

Huh???? You are joking. No? They will fix anything in Thailand. I always get shoes, luggage, hand bags and small appliances fixed all the time (and a lot more). We've had all kinds of stuff spot welded, toys repaired, Swiss watches refurbished......

For luggage and hand bags, Mr. Bag Fix is excellent but not cheap. They will repair anything using high-quality zippers, wheels, etc. I have taken fans, coffee grinders, vacuum cleaner, even photography lamps to Amorn for repair.

And yes, it's funny, the last time I went to Vision Center the owner insisted I get my 6 year old glasses (which I bought at Top Charoen in Bangkok and were absolute garbage) out from the car to see if the frames could be utilized. I was so ashamed as they were in such poor condition, rusted, mildew somehow got inside the film, etc. but he really didn't want to sell me new frames if I didn't need them - which I assured him I did! They will certainly fix frames at Vision Center.

You need to look in the right places.