True Move 30mb with TV

ryanhull

Hi All,

I have just signed up to true move with the 30mb internet and the 'knowledge' tv package for 899 bhat a month, my wife says the channels are the same as the PIS normal TV (free thai tv) however I would have thought it includes some channels not free such as discovery?

I cannot get any sense out of the truemove website as it never seems to load,

I was wondering if anyone is on this TV package and what english speaking channels are on it? also the wife wants to know if the channel 'starworld' is on it,

Also does anyone have truemove 30mb internet and have you done a speed test? reason I ask is becuase previously I was on TOT and the internet speeds was terrible, usually around 2-3mb download and 0.5mb upload despite being on a 10mb package, I am told true is better but I guess speed tests are the only way to know,

Cheers

I too saw the advertisement for 30 MBPS down, 3 MBPS up,and 132 channels. My current package with True Online is for 15 MBPS down and 1.5 MBPS up and 100 channels. In reality the speed is 20 MBPS down and 2 MBPS up. My wife enquired about the upgrade for the new deal at the same price. She was told that she would not get 30 MBPS and would have to forfeit and downgrade to 12 MBPS down, 1 MBPS up to change over. I do not understand the reasons given and I decided to stay with what I already have.

Edited by Nomad97

I too saw the advertisement for 30 MBPS down, 3 MBPS up,and 132 channels. My current package with True Online is for 15 MBPS down and 1.5 MBPS up and 100 channels. In reality the speed is 20 MBPS down and 2 MBPS up. My wife enquired about the upgrade for the new deal at the same price. She was told that she would not get 30 MBPS and would have to forfeit and downgrade to 12 MBPS down, 1 MBPS up to change over. I do not understand the reasons given and I decided to stay with what I already have.

30/3 is a temporary speed boost. Don't know how long, until end of year or for 12 months. Then it'll be back to 12/1.2 mbits.

However, it is a very good deal.

I'm looking at the combined x2 deal in Hat Yai ... 18 down/1.8 up and TrueVisions Gold, some nonsense about speed boost but no-one seems to know exactly what "speed boost" is. Does anyone know if True throttles your connection and, if so, to what degree?

Edited by rajyindee

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Huahin, on True's 799 baht 10Mbps package and getting 1.1Mbps - tested using www.testmy.net - which looking at their national averages isn't that bad.

In previous experience in Bangkok, when i complained of slow speeds long enough and loud enough they sent a technician to my place and, using their proprietary equipment, did a single ping test to their Bangkok server and proudly announced that the speed was exactly as specified in the contract.

Thainess!.

post-186586-0-21144500-1409737909_thumb.

Edited by oztaurus

1.1mb isn't that bad? That's 11% of what you have signed up for... My dtac sim with poor signal gets 2mb and my truemove sim 8mb so I'd be complaining about that as its very poor speeds.

he is talking about international speeds, not local speeds.