3BB alternatives - Hang Dong

SoloFlyer

Had some days recently with pretty much unusable internet, or too much downtime anyway. Looking for back-up options.

True say they don't cover our area.

3BB Fiber - not here yet, but coming soon. More reliable??

AIS - having some trouble finding their home internet offerings online. But their 3g is patchy out here at times. Anyone use them for home internet out this way??

What else is new?

3BB are the best option for Hang Dong at present. hang in there, get it sorted. Mine is fine. Could be your connection somewhere. About 9 months ago my connection started getting "spotty" turned out it was a dead bug in some box, somewhere. Or so they said.

Been told the cable won't come unless they get enough signatures from locals. haha, amazing Thailand at work.

• Like 1

I have just finally cancelled 3BB Premier after the best part of 6 years. I was on the TOT service that was taken over by 3BB. I live off Mahidol road, but apparently too far from it for the fibre optic option from 3BB. After the service almost ground to a halt, I went to AT&T and they installed fibre optic at half the monthly cost, and to date it runs really well.

I am no expert. I used the link above to test it

http://www.speedtest.net/

It says it is using Vientiane, so I guess that makes it International?

I am testing from about 10m from the wifi box supplied by AT&T in the house, through 2 walls and I am today getting Down 24.32 and Up 3.21.

I have just run a cable from the wifi box to the lap top and retested and get Down 33.06 Up 3.30

My point is that even at 20 it is 4 times faster than I was getting from 3BB and at half the price.

I have no financial interest in either company, though maybe I should buy some shares in AT&T!

I am no expert. I used the link above to test it

http://www.speedtest.net/

It says it is using Vientiane, so I guess that makes it International?

I am testing from about 10m from the wifi box supplied by AT&T in the house, through 2 walls and I am today getting Down 24.32 and Up 3.21.

I have just run a cable from the wifi box to the lap top and retested and get Down 33.06 Up 3.30

My point is that even at 20 it is 4 times faster than I was getting from 3BB and at half the price.

I have no financial interest in either company, though maybe I should buy some shares in AT&T!

3BB not offering the cable service in my area. Pretty much downtown only at present.

My 13Mbps is fine for what i need anyway. Not launching a rocket to Mars or anything soon.

3BB just called to say that they could organise installation of fibre... - its not offerred per se, but if I want it they'll organise it. That might apply to you too DNaam?

So what are peoples experiences with fiber?

Last time i asked was a whopping 3 days ago. Unless things have changed. Maybe "The Game" have had it installed. lol

If so i would be interested for sure.