Hyperlapse Photography

I hope you'll try. Those timelapse videos look great.

Then again, I tought that the topic was about the new technic what Microsoft labs is currently developing.

Hyperlapse first person video.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/08/10/new-microsoft-project-turns-boring-first-person-videos-into-awesome-hyperlapse-sequences/

http://time.com/3103468/microsoft-time-lapse-hyperlapse/

^ from the man who said, 4 days ago....

In 2015 I want to put together a 4K system. A 4K laptop, 4K monitor, GoPro Hero 4 (4K@30fps), DJI Phantom Vision 3 (if they do a 4K or use the Hero 4) and a Sony A7s. There is a genuine reason behind all this rather than just wanting the latest toys. I want to start producing video for companies commercially, especially in big construction/infrastructure projects. This includes drone video (for low level aerial around sites, I will need a CAA licence), GoPro video (attached to plant etc) and normal video on tripod . . . .all 4K capable or 1080p at 120fps.

rolleyes.gif

^ from the man who said, 4 days ago....

In 2015 I want to put together a 4K system. A 4K laptop, 4K monitor, GoPro Hero 4 (4K@30fps), DJI Phantom Vision 3 (if they do a 4K or use the Hero 4) and a Sony A7s. There is a genuine reason behind all this rather than just wanting the latest toys. I want to start producing video for companies commercially, especially in big construction/infrastructure projects. This includes drone video (for low level aerial around sites, I will need a CAA licence), GoPro video (attached to plant etc) and normal video on tripod . . . .all 4K capable or 1080p at 120fps.

rolleyes.gif

It's the repetition. I just can't imaging moving a few inches then shooting . . . then moving a few inches . . . shooting . . . then . . .

Argh no. Head would be completely done in.

Then it would be screwed up halfway through because I wasn't focused on that one spot. No, just no!

Drones and GoPro's and video yes, this . . . no!

• Like 1

Drones and GoPro's and video yes, this . . . no!

and you think time-lapse requires patience . . ?

double it, add 100 then times it by a 1000. . . .wink.png good luck.

We do it already on sites. Drones are easy and fun. Use a DJI Phanton Vision 2.

I get a local guy in with this bit of kit but I fancy doing it myself. I already do the ground level videos for explosive demolition, set the gear up, Bang! Crash!, edit and produce video. Love it.

Just waiting for the 4K GoPro 4 to come out (March 2015 they reckon) and a 4K DJI Phantom. Tempted by the A7s but need a cheaper way to record 4K externally, the Atomos Shigun is too much money.

^ that was wonderful . . well done.

was the patience involved in that production, waiting for the . . . 3 - 2 - 1 ?

wink.png

It was fraught day. Had to organise all the safety stuff, lookouts, media and set up the gear and get it rolling then clear the area and hope the video camera survivied.

The shot looking down close in at the legs was done with a Pentax K-3 and shows how awful the video is from that camera. The ground level stuff was done with a Panasonic camcorder a few years old now.

I wanted the drone flying above the tank to get another view, but he wasn't available that day.

So, this stuff is fun and fairly easy. With the new 4K GoPro's and wotnot coming out we'll be able to do 1080p at 120fps as well as 4K.

Here is couple of more videos

Cool. That warp stabilizer tool in AE looks interesting. (i'd probably need it a lot!). Here's another vid . . .

it's certainly a challenging and rewarding technique once cracked.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

some nice sequences in this one . . . smile.png

That is really good, specially the shots on the river.

I think night shots look specially good with this method, the long exposures create motion blur that is missing on daylight photos, without motion blur moving objects look too crisp. I wonder if in the video about New York the photographer used long exposure for the daylight shots or vector motion blur during processing of the video to achieve the effect.

• 1 month later...
Published on 11 Feb 2015

February 11, 2015 marks five years in space for NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory, which provides incredibly detailed images of the whole sun 24 hours a day. Capturing an image more than once per second, SDO has provided an unprecedentedly clear picture of how massive explosions on the sun grow and erupt ever since its launch on Feb. 11, 2010. The imagery is also captivating, allowing one to watch the constant ballet of solar material through the sun's atmosphere, the corona.

In honor of SDO's fifth anniversary, NASA has released a video showcasing highlights from the last five years of sun watching. Watch the movie to see giant clouds of solar material hurled out into space, the dance of giant loops hovering in the corona, and huge sunspots growing and shrinking on the sun's surface.

The imagery is an example of the kind of data that SDO provides to scientists. By watching the sun in different wavelengths – and therefore different temperatures – scientists can watch how material courses through the corona, which holds clues to what causes eruptions on the sun, what heats the sun's atmosphere up to 1,000 times hotter than its surface, and why the sun's magnetic fields are constantly on the move.

Five years into its mission, SDO continues to send back tantalizing imagery to incite scientists' curiosity. For example, in late 2014, SDO captured imagery of the largest sun spots seen since 1995 as well as a torrent of intense solar flares. Solar flares are bursts of light, energy and X-rays. They can occur by themselves or can be accompanied by what's called a coronal mass ejection, or CME, in which a giant cloud of solar material erupts off the sun, achieves escape velocity and heads off into space. In this case, the sun produced only flares and no CMEs, which, while not unheard of, is somewhat unusual for flares of that size. Scientists are looking at that data now to see if they can determine what circumstances might have led to flares eruptions alone.

Goddard built, operates and manages the SDO spacecraft for NASA's Science Mission Directorate in Washington, D.C. SDO is the first mission of NASA's Living with a Star Program. The program's goal is to develop the scientific understanding necessary to address those aspects of the sun-Earth system that directly affect our lives and society.