Single re-entry permit, does which immigration office matter?

I'm on a 1 year extension on a marriage non-O, but am leaving the country for a week or so. I need to get a re-entry permit before I leave so I don't lose my current visa extension, which is good until January.

Do I need to get it at my immigration office up-country where I apply for my extensions and do my 90-day reporting, or can I pick one up at an immigration office from another location down south, which would be far more convenient, given current circumstances?

Thanks

You apply at the office where you got the extension or at the Airport when leaving.

Assuming you are flying out.

Unfortunately I won't be flying out. Fortunately I haven't left for the south yet, but the local immigration office is a long drive which effectively kills a day.

These little visa nuances and technicalities can be a real pain here in Thailand.

Thanks for the info.

I know this is too late for you now, but I always buy a single re-entry permit ( 1000 B ) after I get my annual extension. This way, in case I have to exit the country for a quick unexpected trip abroad , I do not have to go back to my local Immigration office to buy one.

Over the years it was worth it and saved me last minutes visit at my local Immigration to get one.

• 1 month later...