Visa catagory of a person with 1 year old son with thai girlfriend .

First you can apply a Non-imm 'O' visa for visiting family, single or multi entry, at a consulate like Savannakhet in 1 day.

Then you can obtain 60 days extensions for reason 2.24.

An one year extension requires you to legalize your son or marry her mother, see:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

Thanks for your reply.

I had one more query .Currently I am on a Non Immigrant ED visa in Thailand. Can I change this visa to Non Immigrant OA on account of being a parent to a thai child without exiting the country?

For visa category OA (Family member of a Thai resident) what are the documents required?

Thanks for your reply.

I had one more query .Currently I am on a Non Immigrant ED visa in Thailand. Can I change this visa to Non Immigrant OA on account of being a parent to a thai child without exiting the country?

For visa category OA (Family member of a Thai resident) what are the documents required?

You change the reason for your extension of stay (it is not a visa) you have obtained from immigration to being the parent of Thai. You would need to meet the financial requirements of 400k baht in a Thai bank or 40k baht income.

As said you would first have to be the legal parent of your child by way of legitimization.

You cannot change a non immigrant visa to another type. The OA visa is for retirement and can only be done at an embassy in your home country.

I just did my one year extension of stay, multiple entry etc. Based on Thai Child. Birth certificate, 400K it he bank, family Fotos, copies of Tabien ban of mother and child was all I needed.

No proof of being the legal father was required?

Not besides the birth certificate. To be correct, we have two children, one born abroad and one in Thailand. I was given the advise to use only the Thai born birth certificate. The one from abroad is a bit tricky as it is issued by embassy and then endorsed by Ministry of Exterior....

But no, definitely no other proof.

Edited by StefanBBK